Did you enjoy Dark Souls more than Demon's Souls?

CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: Did you enjoy Dark Souls more than Demon's Souls?

Post by CrackSouls on Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:59 pm

Midgar wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    ErrJon6661 wrote:It could be because I played Demon's before Dark, but when I go back and play Demon's some of the bosses still give me trouble. The flamelurker ALWAYS kicks my *** hahaha. And don't even get me started on the maneater. Plus i think blightown was much easier than tower of latria or the valley of defilement.

the maneater was pathetically easy.. and flamelurker i got first time..

Am i missing something here? :P

but not that iv been through valley and such yeah i think so, the levels i find are more difficult than the dark souls ones. No poise is a main factor i find. Another is the setup of the levels is more roundabout. However i find the bosses are actually easier.

I don't remember the maneater but I do remember the flamelurker, he was chump change for the most part.

Is ManEater the big guy with the birds nest or something on his head? If it was you could just snipe him up top and back away as he attacked, that was a joke.

When you start getting into multiple NG I find flamelurker a bit of a pain. But Maneater was troublesome cause he'd fling you off the edge. I beat thim my first try, but I've also died 10 times in a row on later playthroughs... often before getting to my Bloodstain which was damn annoying.

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by theGentleman on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:20 pm

In this Gentleman's opinion, Demons Souls superior in how you handled your character while Dark Souls has the better online *concept* and open world.
    In Demons, you could get away with a pure specialization character and the soul/body form actually had consequence. Upgrading your weapons was a real achievement because half the time those damned lizards would fall off a cliff never to return.
    Where as in Dark, anybody can power up a faith/strength build and hand him a lightning weapon.

What Dark does achieve is dividing us by covenants so you feel camaraderie/rivalry and overall less alone. Granted, more than half of the covenants are mostly useless and you have to beat a near-end boss just to invade, but the idea is neat.
    The open world is a bonus, you never really get to rest, especially once Firelink goes dark.

But overall, I felt greater accomplishment after each victory in Demons Souls, largely because when I summoned a guy he rarely had end game equipment and one-shotted the boss for me

jujufist

Post by jujufist on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:09 am

Demon's was a trend setter. It will always be one of my favorite games. It was a great training groud for Dark. It was brutal and unforgiving...until you get to the reaper and farm a bit. The bosses were tough considering you had to survive long enough to get to them.

I love the campfire concept. I also like the humanity concept as well...replacing luck. The estus is better than the grass IMHO. The bosses did seem borrowed from Demon's. The pvp in Dark is so much better but not quite perfect. I'd say they need an arena world or something.

I love both games and can't wait for Angel Souls and Light Souls winking
    SilenceOfKnights
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SilenceOfKnights on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:26 pm

I Really wonder how is demon souls. But sadly i play Xbox so i cant play it. :cry:

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by justwant2play on Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:29 am

Demon's Souls. Dark Souls is good, but when I played Demon's Souls not only the gameplay was good but the whole environment was breathtaking. Funny thing is that the environment in Demon's Souls didn't feel like I was in Medieval Europe. Felt more like I was in Hawaii...I dunno why.

Dark Souls has better graphics and a bigger world but the game just doesn't have that thing that Demon's Souls has. The only place that Dark Souls has that I consider just loafing around in is Ash Lake.

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by justwant2play on Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:30 am

SilenceOfKnights wrote:I Really wonder how is demon souls. But sadly i play Xbox so i cant play it. :cry:

Sorry you had to miss it. Hopefully they will make Demon's Souls 2 for both PS3 and Xbox with the same features as the original masterpiece.

Casual
    Casual

Post by zzCLR2Rzz on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:48 pm

I played Demons way before dark, I would have to say Dark souls because it was more refined (although on Demons souls i had an easier time summoning my friends) but there was no pure sharpstone fiasco (thanks to that BS there is still 1 trophy missing on my demons souls set) have not seen vital NPC's vanish (anone remember Blacksmith Ed vanishing all of the time) armor is demons souls was pointless, but i do miss my BBS build, got all of the invaders in 1-4 hated me, hated me soooo much.

People that played Demons first might be a little byass, you have to remember that when demons souls came out it was new to us, when dark souls came out i had an idea of what to expect so that game was not nearly as challenging, but the fact that there is more of everything and i think the upgrade system is better, i have to vote for dark souls

Post by xDeadFish on Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:03 pm

I honestly cant tell which game i prefer, both are astonishing...

The Boss battles in DeS were far superior and i loved the world/soul tendency, HP-penalty when invading (it made it more exciting) and the Pantheon. BUT i hated the fact that u had to kill urself all time in order to reach black world tendency and being able to invade (I dont like dying...)

Dark Souls offer an amazing storyline and is still way more versatile and there's so much more to achieve and discover + unlimited ways of making ur builds (while DeS only offered a handful of options and customizations)

But if I had to choose what the next entry would be; Demon's Souls 2 or Dark Souls 2.
    Then i would definitely go for Demon's (although Dark Souls 2 sounds way more sexier...)
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:10 pm

i love both games, though i say dark is a better game overall. WIth that said as far as sequel goes i feel i had to relearn a lot to play dark souls witch is an awesome attribute to have with a new version of something you love, they didnt change enough to change the experience, just enough to make even the best demon souler a little uneasy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:38 pm