Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Knight Alundil
Alara78
Spurgun
Doelker
Xskulled
CaptanSpudsy
Veradox
StockpileThomas
13 posters

Has the drop rate for titanite Slabs changed in PTDE?

StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Has the drop rate for titanite Slabs changed in PTDE? Empty Has the drop rate for titanite Slabs changed in PTDE?

Post by StockpileThomas Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:05 pm

I tried looking for a thread about this, but couldn't find one. I'm wondering if FromSoftware increased the drop rate of titanite Slabs or are we still going to have to "farm" hundreds of Dark Wraiths in the hope we'll get one... eventually... Prostration

I don't mind farming chunks, but the slab drop rate is just absurd; it's more like a lottery.

Shrug
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Has the drop rate for titanite Slabs changed in PTDE? Empty Re: Has the drop rate for titanite Slabs changed in PTDE?

Post by Veradox Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:14 pm

Yes it MUST be a lottery to have all your armor +10 and a weapon at +15 happy
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Has the drop rate for titanite Slabs changed in PTDE? Empty Re: Has the drop rate for titanite Slabs changed in PTDE?

Post by StockpileThomas Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:24 pm

Shrug
    ?????
    CaptanSpudsy
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CaptanSpudsy Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:29 pm

Do not complain. Or they will make it impossible to find slabs again. And we don't want that. Has the drop rate for titanite Slabs changed in PTDE? 3358384175
    Xskulled
    Xskulled
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xskulled Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:30 pm

I've had better luck with Slab drops in PTD than I ever did on the console version.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:31 pm

On my first PTDE toon I went to farm some chunks... Second round, I see a little Vagrant, the one that start to run as it sees u, I get to kill it, drops a purging stone, then I kill the DW close to the VLE path and bam... I got a slab!!! Could't belive it, no CGS ring qnd with only 5 humanities...

I am not sure if the vagrant somehow increased the chances of the drop rate... I couldn't tell, but seeing a vagrant and getting a slab right away was really awesome...

After that, I was getting only like 1 chunk per round, like if the drop rate decreased severely after getting the slab.

I haven't gotten any other drop since then...
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:35 pm

I haven't noticed any difference in the drop rate.
    On the other hand, there's a new slab of every color in the DLC. So there will be more guaranteed slabs per playthrough.
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:51 pm

If only Frampt upgraded stones instead of degrading them, this wouldn't be an issue.

Example: Give Frampt 10 (or even 25) titanite Chunks, and he'll spit out a slab.

I wish I wasn't so OCD about using only maxed out gear, hehe.
    Alara78
    Alara78
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Alara78 Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:24 am

Yes, yes it has increased considerably.

In about 1800 hours of Dark Souls on PS3 I only ever gotten 3 slabs from the Wraiths in New Londo, of which one was obtained during a farming run of about an hour. The other 2 were just lucky drops I guess.

Now, on the PC version after about 200 hours of gameplay, I've gotten 7 slabs so far....it's crazy.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:46 am

5 slabs in 1 hour. Yes it's increased big grin
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:11 am

Knight Alundil wrote:5 slabs in 1 hour. Yes it's increased big grin

But again, that just may be the whole lottery aspect of it coming into play. You may just have gotten really lucky, without more testing/replication it can't be affirmed that Slabs do drop better in PTDE.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:31 am

I have four 100s in the making and they have all received slabs at that rate happy
    e82
    Casual
    Casual

Post by e82 Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:33 pm

Gotten 3 slabs as drops from enemies this play, 2 from the great hollow, one on my first farming run of New Londo for chunks.
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:18 pm

Thanks for the info! That's great news. Joy

I guess I'll hold off on Wraith runs until next month. Praise the Sun

StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:21 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:5 slabs in 1 hour. Yes it's increased big grin

But again, that just may be the whole lottery aspect of it coming into play. You may just have gotten really lucky, without more testing/replication it can't be affirmed that Slabs do drop better in PTDE.

True. I killed between 300 - 500 Wraiths and got one slab. Then, one night, I did about 8 or 10 runs, and got three in one sitting... It made no sense. And my Item Discovery wasn't even maxed out -_-
    JustinAkatsuki
    JustinAkatsuki

Post by JustinAkatsuki Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:12 pm

Good. The drop rates should increase....really pain in the *** to just grind it all out for hours trying to get lucky to get a slab. Probably the only one who thinks this...a merchant should sell slabs but not for an infinite amount tho ( not sure how much it would cost) multiple playthroughs to get a slab I understand that part, but its just only 1 upgrade to get max level
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:35 pm

i got 2 slabs on the first play through on PC, didnt farm, just went straight to boss, with no item discovery gear

and never once got a slab on the PS3 from hours of farming or all my breakthroughs, with max item discovery gear
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Interesting. I haven't gotten a slab from the dw's yet on pc... I've played through 6 times. I'll put on the ring and try it tonight. I kind of figured From was making up for the BB patch by putting the extra slabs in the new content, but maybe they took it a step further.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:59 pm

Like I said I would, I put the GS ring on and went slab huntin'. First DW gave me a chunk, second DW gave me a Slab. In all my time on Xbox and PS3 I've gotten them to drop 1 slab; I never farmed for them specifically, but still.

Interestingly, I only kill one Pinwheel in the ToG each round (the one you can drop-attack after you get the white slab), and he dropped another white slab!

I think Fromsoft went soft. Hafta start calling them Softfromsoft.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 am