Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

How viable would Bandit's knife be against Nito's skellies (small)?

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

How viable would Bandit's knife be against Nito's skellies (small)? Empty How viable would Bandit's knife be against Nito's skellies (small)?

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:41 am

I've been trying to come up with some decent combos of weapons for boss fights on this low level run I'm doing. With Nito, I can see the skellies being a problem if I don't equip an extra divine weapon. So I was thinking that if I could have my regular elemental longsword, and then keep a divine Bandit's knife for the skellies (This allows me to stay under 25% with RoFaP).

However, this would involve trying to get backstabs on them during the boss fight. Does this sound like a viable strategy, and make it worth the upgrade? The one upside to backstabs is that you get that short window of invulnerability for the animation. I just don't know if it would have the damage to get a one shot backstab...I have enough upgrade stuff to take it to around +7 divine, but I also have really low faith, so not sure if that will be too much of a hinderence. Any thoughts?
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

How viable would Bandit's knife be against Nito's skellies (small)? Empty Re: How viable would Bandit's knife be against Nito's skellies (small)?

Post by ICEFANG Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:48 am

I get backstabs on them all the time in the fight, its the safest way to finish them.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

How viable would Bandit's knife be against Nito's skellies (small)? Empty Re: How viable would Bandit's knife be against Nito's skellies (small)?

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:19 pm

Would the small skellies in Nito's fight be the same ones that are in the graveyard? I'm getting 207 one shot kills on them, and it's only a +1 Divine Knife. If so, that should work well. Leaves me room for a Lightning or Fire Longsword, and pyro.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:52 pm

I think they are stronger by Nito
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:00 pm

ICEFANG wrote:I think they are stronger by Nito

Probably a good idea to upgrade it a bunch, then, just in case. Thanks for the info.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:54 pm

I believe i used a 10+ Divine Bandit Knife on one run backstabbing the skels. So as long as you can do it quickly enough to avoid Nitos attacks it's a good tactic.
    Edit: They are indeed stronger at Nitos.
    Edit: It was actually 8+ now that i think of it, did enough damage to finish them off though.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:05 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:I believe i used a 10+ Divine Bandit Knife on one run backstabbing the skels. So as long as you can do it quickly enough to avoid Nitos attacks it's a good tactic.
    Edit: They are indeed stronger at Nitos.

My other divine weapon is a Battleaxe, which had it's upside as well, since it shatters them, but the weight is a bit too much for my loadout. I'd rather be able to roll away quickly. What weapon works best against Nito, fire or divine?
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:07 pm

From my experience divine doesn't do as much damage, i can't say i'm sure though, but i believe the fire does more damage...

Would make sense if the divine did more damage though...

Last edited by Mr. Tart on Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:19 pm

I believe that Nito is weak to both fire and divine, but takes more damage from fire out of the two of those. That said, Nito isn't exactly the toughest mass of bone matter out there (that title belongs to the skeleton dogs), so it doesn't honestly make a huge difference.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:12 pm