Pure bladestone reckless farming method

Mr.Faith

Pure bladestone reckless farming method

Post by Mr.Faith on Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:35 pm

If you dont have soul sucker this might be the way to go to get that pure stone:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0-7x1HJbGc&list=UUjkpTf59yyNxVXNElpI--Nw&index=1&feature=plcp

I have been doing this for a looong time. Pure black tendency, 51 luck stat and with the large sword of searching but still i havent gotten lucky yet.
    Is this really the best way of doing this?
    My theory is that luck stat has no effect what so ever and the pure bladestone will be completely random drop and you will have the same chance of getting it regardless of your luck stat...

I tried different weapons but the dragon weapon seemed to get me closest by giving me chunks but im not sure if its a factor which weapon you use...

So after 4 hours, not even joking, i got 167 shards, 17 chunks and 6 utchigatanas.

Even though i love the game, i hate the drop rate of this particular stone:)
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Re: Pure bladestone reckless farming method

Post by Yukon on Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:56 pm

If you only want it for the trophy I can let you hold my pure bladestone upgrade, my PSN is SgtPigeon and I am playing on NA version.

It took me hours to get one, with 10 or less luck, pure black world, and the dragon bone crusher, all the things laid out in the video should, in theory, should give you the best chance. Or atleast a better chance than I had with my set up.

However, it is possible to do with just PBWT, you just need patience and a free day winking.

PSN: SgtPigeon
    Russian Roulette Duels Saturdays at 1PM - 7PM EST

Mr.Faith

Post by Mr.Faith on Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:19 pm

You are very kind to offer your weapon but i must say no thanks, if i have to earn the trophy i wanna do it the right way even if it takes forever.

You actually confirm my theory if you got the pure stone with only 10 luck, i got 51 luck and with the large sword of searching it should (if i have understand correctly) boost my luck to 102 so i have 90% more the chance of getting it than you did, in theory that is...

I will try again this weekend a couple of hours. I just like to know if the regular black skeleton in the start of 4-2 has a higher chance of dropping it with all that luck.
    You see, and here comes another theory, black phantom version of regular enemies has a 100% drop rate, in this case, soul remains, 1 shar, 2 shards, 1 chunk or 1 pure and it will be completely random not based on luck what you get BUT regular enemies will drop shards and chunks like crazy on pure black tendency, so if my theory is correct, it would actually be more likely to get the very rare drop from the regular skeleton than it would be to get the rare drop from the black phantom skeleton...

I actually think this makes sense and i will try it out to confirm this, if im correct the pure bladestone would drop more likely from the regular skeleton:)
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:43 am

I wish you luck then, I got mine off the 4-2 regular skeleton behind the fake wall, so I do agree with your theory, I never had the gall to attack the black phantom skeletons and the 4-2 skel was a quick run but I probably killed him at least 300 times, haha. Hopefully with your build it won't come down to that.

PSN: SgtPigeon
    Russian Roulette Duels Saturdays at 1PM - 7PM EST
    fearandwhiskey
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fearandwhiskey on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:07 pm

Yukon wrote:I wish you luck then, I got mine off the 4-2 regular skeleton behind the fake wall, so I do agree with your theory, I never had the gall to attack the black phantom skeletons and the 4-2 skel was a quick run but I probably killed him at least 300 times, haha. Hopefully with your build it won't come down to that.

Get hit by the manta ray to activate the rat's ring, shoot an arrow at the reaper, kill the black skeleton, repeat. I didn't count how many times I did that run, but it was enough to get at least 10 uchigatanas, more stones than I could keep, and enough souls to level probably 40 - 50 levels. It's a rare drop. winking

Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:25 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN8HswVZwYQ
    This method worked really well for me. Got it with 15 minutes of farming.

Uparkaam (main account)
    Dorkmoon
    Torch_Hollow
    Ravelord_Servant
    Gastro_Zombie

Mr.Faith

Post by Mr.Faith on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:38 pm

I can now confirm my theory...

If you have alot of luck and the sword of searching the pure bladestone will be more common drop from the regular skeleton in 4-2 behind the fake wall.
    I tried going there to farm him a cuople of hours but to my very big surprise i got it on my 4th try, no kidding... I must have tried on the red phantom skeleton atleast 100 times and no luck and then 4 times on the regular pow pure bladestone.
    Now it could be that i was just very lucky but im sure it was because of my high luck stat and me theory mentioned above, but i will try farming him for 1 hour in the weekend to see if he drops more... If im correct im pretty sure that i will have more than 1 after just one hour of farming:)

But so far, DONT farm pure bladestone from the black phantom skeleton, do it from the regular skeleton behind the fogwall. That is my experience so far:)
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov on Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:51 pm

You make sense, because of the drop dynamics of BPs they must not be influenced by luck or the LSoS, say on a standard skeleton you get a 25% chance at getting nothing at all.
    The BPs take out the chance of nothing at all, and guarantee you a drop, if a drop is guaranteed people could stack farming and amass a huge collection of pure stones or rare items, so im thinking that this was intentional to minimize if not remove drop scaling for the sake of avoiding a rather large exploit.

Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:40 pm

Figured there would be a thread...

I've been at this for hours and hours killing both the BP skellie and the skellie behind the wall... no luck. This is a little frustrating. Especially because I tend to play DEX characters and before I knew about this little piece of hell, I'd gotten it in my head to make a couple Sharp weapons. I missed out on getting a Pure Darkmoonstone to drop as well... not sure how getting that will be now that I don't know if there's any crystal lizzies left in 4.2 and 4.3.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~update/edit~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally I got my Pure Bladestone off of the non BP Katana Skelly in 4.2 behind the hidden wall. I gathered enough souls to get from SL 120 to SL 187 in the process. I honestly don't know how many times I killed either skelly.

Xbla/Dark Souls - EveryNevers
    PSN/Demon's Souls - TheEveryNevers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:06 pm