Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
WyrmHero
Jansports
cloudyeki
BLA1NE
Kiva the wanderer
9 posters

honour Vs creativity

Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

honour Vs creativity Empty honour Vs creativity

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:53 am

In pvp I mainly try to be creative and put a dgree of honour or blance into mu build HOWEVER in my honest opinion ifeel like if you limit what a person is allowed to build and create then it makes the experience feel less CREATIVE and less like an actaul RPG, now I'm not saying LuLz Go AhEAd and make a TwOP BackStab build and think your good (I'm honourable but if someone wants to make a unique build then let them but if its made with full giants ninja flip ring hornet oneshot backstabbing then that doesn't make you good it just means you aren't improving skill wise, let there be rage.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

honour Vs creativity Empty Re: honour Vs creativity

Post by BLA1NE Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:36 pm

First: creating a topic about honor is a bad idea. They are prone to turning ugly.

Now, my opinion: the whole reason I try to play honorably, is actually to ENCOURAGE creativity. By not using OP gear, spells, and tactics, I allow my opponents not to have to rely on those themselves. The reason why everyone uses the same builds is because most people are forced to, otherwise they wouldn't be able to compete. The idea behind not using that gear is that your opponent won't be reduced to wearing it too. But if they want to, I don't mind. I do what I want, they can do what they want.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:35 pm

Aye, I enjoy when I find someone using bizarre builds, like the naked weapon master I fought against while I was still trying to figure out where the *** I was going with my build.

First time I ever saw an off-hand spear and off-hand halberd, as well as the butcher's knife and PGS, all at once too. That guy murdered my face off and I laughed because I thought I had the halberd advantage with my +15 gargoyle halberd.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:10 pm

It's fundamentally a disagreement about "what is fun" to different players.

To yourself and many others it is not fun using and seeing the same armor set on literally everyone (giantmom) But if you want to *win* above all else giant moms is pretty much the way to go. DWGR gives you enough burden to comfortably use Giantmoms and your weapon loadout without END gouging.

I don't just back stab. I'll chainBS. I bring 15 casts of WoG to the forest. I don't just use hornets I use RTSR and Hornets.

While you might say I'm not improving by literally one shotting people all over dukes or new londo, or by Flipping Giantmom dueling in the Kiln. I would say you have already resigned yourself to loss. You have chosen sub-optimal armor for something as needlessly vain as aesthetics.

Being creative and unique is fun? I scoff at this notion. Winning is fun. Invading a 1v3 in anor londo and sinking three people's dreamships all at once is fun. Getting invaded and leading the Dorkmoon on a wild goose chase till his buff is off is fun.

I take great and serious offence that you would state my skills are not improving. When I invade hyper mode active I can be one shot by basically anything, and in turn over time I've become quite adept at getting hit zero times.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:24 pm

Winning for the sake of it gets tiresome. I don't know how long you've been PvPing, but I've gotten over the thrill of winning a long time ago. When winning is not only not fun anymore, but entirely expected, then it's time to ditch OP gear and tactics and go for originality instead. I still win most of the time, and now I do it in style too. Suddenly, winning is fun again!

(But if you do actually have 15 WoGs, honestly you'd stand a good chance of killing me, because of my play style. But when you don't care about winning anymore, you don't care about losing either!)
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:24 am

I actually do carry 15 WoGs when I go into the forest. But the forest is not a normal place.

To me winning cannot become tiresome. Winning is what there is.

Now There isn't just one way to win, you don't need an elemental rapier and Giantmom to win. Maybe it's MLGS and giantmom. Maybe we're at sl40 and I feel like a vit gouged DS build is most appropriate. Maybe I'm hurling balls of fire and swinging a scythe around, or poise tanking while Leo Rining r2ing with the BSS.

It's only natural that different builds and tactics get employed, but everything in a build has a purpose. Would you level Res to 40 for a 120 build? Probably not no one pumps Res as it's predominantly useless. If you're under 25% burden without it would you wear havel's ring? You probably have some other ring on that helps you in some way right?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:43 am

^I agree with that. I make my builds as creative as possible but they are always min/maxed to the hell and always have the purpose to win the fight.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:42 pm

I agree, winning is everything. That is why me and 2 of my friends wait in the forest all with Giants gear and MoM.

I win all the time.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:45 pm

^I love winning against those. silly
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:57 pm

It's not life and death for me. I honestly don't know how some people can get so rabid about their results in a game, especially a game that has no official leaderboard. I scoff at that notion.

That said, I'm all about creative builds. If I beat a Giant/MoM user with Brigand armor then it's all the sweeter.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:16 pm

I once seen a person using a painting guardian build , it had duel guardian swords and no poise The person using it got such a sweet win on me in the first duel, parried my *** hard even peeve would scream.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:40 pm

I ran into someone like that in Anor, when I was invading. He went flippety-flop and killed me dead. Very satisfying loss. I'll take that one over any other losses.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:38 am

I know ninja houswifes are a very rare and a unique find and thye possess great quantitys of skill and social superiority.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:43 pm

Whats the comparison here? There is no creativity in the pathetic noob tactics, and there is nothing in the idea of honor against using creative and optimal tactics to win a match. I don't really see the idea behind this thread.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:41 am