Did anyone at least beat Bed of Chaos? (PC)

ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Did anyone at least beat Bed of Chaos? (PC)

Post by ChizFreak on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:21 pm

I mean I believe it's the most boring and hated boss. But I'm not saying that because of that, because at least I have more than 150 hours (or so) in this game, I have 3 characters, and with all of them I've been focus in playing the necessary parts to get to the DLC and then just PvP. None have even beaten the Centipede. I just didn't feel like it's worth that area. Nothing interesting. I don't use elemental weapons so, no red slab.

I just have a feeling that most people are like me and just played that way. Play until vessel, then get quickly to DLC to get new things and PvP.

I think I will fight (if it can even be called a fight) her now. I want to get the BK gear.

Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs

PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    H3adShotty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: Did anyone at least beat Bed of Chaos? (PC)

Post by H3adShotty on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:25 pm

I've beaten her twice i think, only on my first toon and dragged it to NG+ to see if SL 100 range really was the new meta.

But you're definitely not alone, i had to run to the DLC to get skewered by scarecrows after Ornstein and Smough. silly

ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:31 pm

I have completed NG

See my youtube channel, with Dark Souls Prepare to Die (spoilers):
    www.youtube.com/user/RavenWolfStarcraft2
    See my livestream to watch me do it live (spoilers):
    http://www.twitch.tv/ravenwolfstarcraft2
    WarriorOfBenOwnage
    Regular
    Regular

Post by WarriorOfBenOwnage on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:48 pm

Beaten it twice, just about in line for a third. Same stupid, terrible boss. Just go in with a good shield and exploit the Quit/Reload ability. Good luck!

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:35 am

WarriorOfBenOwnage wrote:Beaten it twice, just about in line for a third. Same stupid, terrible boss. Just go in with a good shield and exploit the Quit/Reload ability. Good luck!

*Mind blown*

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:40 am

ChizFreak wrote:I just have a feeling that most people are like me and just played that way. Play until vessel, then get quickly to DLC to get new things and PvP.
    I don't understand... is this directed at PVPers only? You can't possibly think most players do this.

By the way, Demon Ruins has one of the best, most difficult, damned near impossible fights in the game. All you do is empty the lava, then aggro every last Taurus Demon down there. Lava on one side of you, terminal fall on the other. That's as exciting as any pvp match you'll fight.

*edit* My point about the Taurus Demons is that while BoC may be a stupid boss there can be some excitement to be had on the way to it.

"It's just common sense to NOT go into battle naked." ~ Yarxov

"Billy - what type of gladiator do you plan on being?" ~ TehInfamousAmos

"Troll the big drunk guy at the bar. Get punched in the face. Repeat until desire to troll is gone." ~ Forum Pirate
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SublimeSinner on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:32 am

Kill the damn thing, you are missing the kiln area (one of the best for duels) for pvp. If you didn't bypass the first taurus I suggest you go NG+ and bypass it via new londo ruins. The burg's first bonfire is good for pvp duels too. The BoC is easy with the quit reload. Go right first and stick to the outside then quit reload. Go left and stand near the vertical root and shoot the next side with an arrow QnR. Run up the middle as fast as you can (use fast roll) and roll through the branches. Dead BoC. The only difference in difficulty I ever noticed at NG to NG++++++++ was that the fire storm is instant death after the first few. Stupid boss, the four kings are much more challenging for a melee character.

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:06 pm

SublimeSinner wrote:Kill the damn thing, you are missing the kiln area (one of the best for duels) for pvp. If you didn't bypass the first taurus I suggest you go NG+ and bypass it via new londo ruins. The burg's first bonfire is good for pvp duels too. The BoC is easy with the quit reload. Go right first and stick to the outside then quit reload. Go left and stand near the vertical root and shoot the next side with an arrow QnR. Run up the middle as fast as you can (use fast roll) and roll through the branches. Dead BoC. The only difference in difficulty I ever noticed at NG to NG++++++++ was that the fire storm is instant death after the first few. Stupid boss, the four kings are much more challenging for a melee character.

Kiln is arguable whether or not it's the best place for duels. Alot of people refer to it as "gank city" silly

Also, you're avatar is awesome lol

Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:53 am

BoC just beaten yesterday. First time, by my first character... I prefer hardcore + no guides before the encounter, only after, to see how bad I was compared to best practices happy The only frustration with the boss was actually falling to holes in the ground, and all the way from bonfire.
    P.S. Died 3 times forgetting to switch back to lava ring when running from bonfire... That was lame sad

Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:52 am

Veradox wrote:BoC just beaten yesterday. First time, by my first character... I prefer hardcore + no guides before the encounter, only after, to see how bad I was compared to best practices happy The only frustration with the boss was actually falling to holes in the ground, and all the way from bonfire.
    P.S. Died 3 times forgetting to switch back to lava ring when running from bonfire... That was lame sad

Hahahahahaha that makes me smile big grin

Wrenchfarm

Post by Wrenchfarm on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:24 am

Yeah BoC is annoying. I was finally able to get from the second orb to the centre without dying in my last run though! Maybe someday I'll get a complete, legitimate, perfect run on the BoC without dying or using any quit/reload tricks.

e82
    Casual
    Casual

Post by e82 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:27 am

Beat the BoC three times now, most of my characters have the kiln unlocked so I could farm chunks easily.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:22 pm