Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Looking for Arena Showcases

n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Looking for Arena Showcases Empty Looking for Arena Showcases

Post by n0rain Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:00 pm

I can't find hardly any Arena gameplay. I want to see the 3v3's and 4 player ffa. Mostly 3v3 though. I want to see if you can actually summon phantoms and all go into it together.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Looking for Arena Showcases Empty Re: Looking for Arena Showcases

Post by Marino. Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:07 pm

There is no 3vs3, only 2vs2, 4 Players Deathmatch and 1vs1 Duels .
    But Its really hard getting 2vs2 or Deathmatch .
    I waited for 2 Hours and havent gotten not a single match
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:58 pm

Ah I must've seen double in that video I saw earlier of 1v1. Can you take summons or does it randomly match you?
    MrGrimmmz
    MrGrimmmz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MrGrimmmz Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:24 pm

I managed to capture some really good footage of arena dueling 1 v 1. it seems to be active on an average consistency

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EeF1dcOGGk&feature=plcp

Enjoy! many more builds with many more weapons to come. That's just 1 episode of many at the moment. SL121
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:47 pm

Yeah in 1v1 you can easily find somtimes, but the thing I hate is once you get to fight one guy, is very probable that you will fight him like 4 times at least because when you step on the platform again it will match you with the same guy.
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:56 pm

I knew I wasn't seeing things.

https://youtu.be/-EeF1dcOGGk?t=16m5s
    There are three placers. I'm not sure if that's a glitch or just irrelevant but there is distinctly three places to spawn in at. There also seems to be four area's to initiate the arena. 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and ffa maybe? Maybe I am interpreting the system incorrectly though, since it was advertised as a matchmaking system.

@Grimmmz
    That oyster player likely DCed over lagstabs since you were exploiting them. I don't blame him but everyone has their own view of right and wrong. I personally view toggle stunlock breaking to be an exploit therefore I refuse to use it. Sadly I can't tell you how many times I goofed a roll and was hit somewhere upwards of six times with a flamberge. That is the worst offender of stunlocking.

MrGrimmmz
    MrGrimmmz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MrGrimmmz Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:08 pm

Actually it is quite impossible to even tell if your "exploiting" a lag stab because on your own screen it will look like a normal one due to the connection difference. Then again once you start utilizing backstabs quite often on a player its either they are stubborn to change their game style, Lag, or even just being outplayed as they try to backstab you. Again its impossible to tell if your exploiting a backstab. That video thats featured there is not an exploit whatsoever. Its a clear example of what happens when a player charges forward OR recklessly mashing RB with any weapon (or sprints towards you) and you sprint towards (or with a quick roll)them while hanging over to their right shoulder, you will immediately turn around for the opportunity. This technique is Widely used in advance levels of pvp combat and the best thing to counter it...is back peddling The right shoulder is always where you want to be for the best possible backstab and doesn't take much effort once you managed to swing around your opponent lol But not saying there isn't a lag stab exploit because there sure as hell is one, and if anyone experienced it in my recordings (or let me know about it) i wouldn't bother including it in the video to be fair to players.
    MrGrimmmz
    MrGrimmmz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MrGrimmmz Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:11 pm

As for stunlocks, lets face it, it sucks facing that disadvantage but its suppose to balance out with the over all speed difference of the players weight bearing. More armor you wear, the slower but higher poise you have, the less you wear, the faster but more susceptable to stuns you are vise versa
    MrGrimmmz
    MrGrimmmz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MrGrimmmz Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:23 pm

n0rain wrote:I knew I wasn't seeing things.

There are three placers. I'm not sure if that's a glitch or just irrelevant but there is distinctly three places to spawn in at. There also seems to be four area's to initiate the arena. 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and ffa maybe? Maybe I am interpreting the system incorrectly though, since it was advertised as a matchmaking system.

To clear some things up you may have be questioning, there is only 1v1, 2v2, and battle royale players with two different arena stages. (i should of just done 1 post instead of 3 doh!)
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:36 pm

n0rain wrote:I knew I wasn't seeing things.

If there was to be 3vs3 there would need to be 6 Platforms for each player yes ? lol! *dont take this serious*
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:38 pm

...i can see it on your screen though. And you admit to it but like i said we all interpret things differently so if you dont see it as an exploit thats fine but to be critical of a person for not dealing with the issue shows low class. If someone disconnects dont always assume you were beasting. I dont watch or subscribe to these attitudes.
    MrGrimmmz
    MrGrimmmz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MrGrimmmz Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:18 pm

I'm sorry you feel that way, i hope in the future you understand how to
    counter and avoid these hardships in dark souls as they can be truely
    frustrating to deal with. As i can tell you have had a rough time through the game i have addressed this particular issue in all my videos so i made the point right across more then a dozen times that i'm not calling the player "bad" in anyway, but to understand that something like this can exists and i'm not "exploiting" it since it is not intentional. So please before you start making silly willy adoreable assumptions about beasting because of a disconnection, you should really understand what i have addressed in almost every match i had. Besides sometimes you can't even tell if your doing a "lag stab" because its different on everyones connection (making it seem completely legit) but every match is a match whether its across the country for the same state so regardless you have to address that issue and not doing so is out of complete stubborness and self-pride, it will have SOME KIND of lag consequence and you WILL ultimate have to deal with it. I don't "try" to exploit lagstabs as the sake of making someone disconnect in complete rage and calling it "beasting" (thats just silly gumdrops) or "pwning" lol again good luck in your future ventures in pvp and please don't forget, you may be lagstabbing or lag stun locking or lag WOTLK and not even know it, but please don't make silly chilly filly billy assumptions that someone like me is spending time Lag stab/lock/kissing someone to death only to call it legit and beasting (< thats my favorite word btw now) don't forget to show respect to the players that accidently fall victim to it (its only proper). Cheers.
    MrGrimmmz
    MrGrimmmz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MrGrimmmz Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:41 pm

n0rain wrote:...i can see it on your screen though. And you admit to it but like i said we all interpret things differently so if you dont see it as an exploit thats fine but to be critical of a person for not dealing with the issue shows low class. If someone disconnects dont always assume you were beasting. I dont watch or subscribe to these attitudes.
    (first back stab) Btw if you had pay attention to his build, he had a lot of weight burden, which made it completely effortless to lock on target - and run right behind him (second backstab then disconnected) Then he decided to casually run AWAY from me showing his back which enabled and easy 2nd back stab, and ultimately led to his disconnect. Call it an exploit if you will, when it really is just a loss of motivation to continue to get better and leaving the game instead of finding a way to deal with it (Pstt Back peddle!)
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:41 pm

frustrating to deal with. As i can tell you have had a rough time through the game

I am only going to quote this statement. You seem to be under the impression that when someone points out something that goes against you, polite or not, they automatically are categorized as victimized by said "something." I am pointing this out not only to clarify that your assessment is wrong, but was unnecessary and unwarranted. I politely explained to you a possible reason why your opponent no longer wished to fight you and you have taken offense. I will not respond to you in this thread anymore since it will likely escalate, but how you've dealt with the situation isn't the greatest.

I tried to get you to understand that a DC isn't always because you are winning.

As for your intentions, you explain the exploit perfectly for not intending to exploit the mechanic and you even do it numerous times in 2 matches with the same player. Again, you are free to view your backstabs as unexploitive if you wish, but what I said above and continue to reitterate is that not everyone is going to agree with you and to expect everyone to just follow suit shows low class. I haven't said you were of low class. I did not state that you backstabbing this opponent is factually wrong, but anyone who has 2 working eyes is capable of seeing that some of those backstabs never should've happened.

I leave you to your response but, I want you to know while I hold no personal animosity towards you, I hope you don't take the low class road and try to instigate a flame war. I wish you luck with your youtube channel.
    MrGrimmmz
    MrGrimmmz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MrGrimmmz Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:42 pm

I really hope these tips are helping you out bud.
    MrGrimmmz
    MrGrimmmz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MrGrimmmz Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:58 pm

n0rain wrote:
    frustrating to deal with. As i can tell you have had a rough time through the game

I am only going to quote this statement. You seem to be under the impression that when someone points out something that goes against you, polite or not, they automatically are categorized as victimized by said "something." I am pointing this out not only to clarify that your assessment is wrong, but was unnecessary and unwarranted. I politely explained to you a possible reason why your opponent no longer wished to fight you and you have taken offense. I will not respond to you in this thread anymore since it will likely escalate, but how you've dealt with the situation isn't the greatest.

I tried to get you to understand that a DC isn't always because you are winning.

As for your intentions, you explain the exploit perfectly for not intending to exploit the mechanic and you even do it numerous times in 2 matches with the same player. Again, you are free to view your backstabs as unexploitive if you wish, but what I said above and continue to reitterate is that not everyone is going to agree with you and to expect everyone to just follow suit shows low class. I haven't said you were of low class. I did not state that you backstabbing this opponent is factually wrong, but anyone who has 2 working eyes is capable of seeing that some of those backstabs never should've happened.

I leave you to your response but, I want you to know while I hold no personal animosity towards you, I hope you don't take the low class road and try to instigate a flame war. I wish you luck with your youtube channel.

As i said before and will again, telling someone because they are low
    class to someone will always take offense to that as well that d/cs because they are angry for some silly
    assumption of a "lagstab" will always be the stubborn choice. Offense will always be taking from rage quiters but i learn to keep cool and explain the reasoning behind all of the quitters. Like i
    said in my video, you will get the occasional rage players that will
    ultimately leave a match which could be due to anything, most common -
    inexperience . I don't hold anything towards you but if you look at
    these posts i'm actually explaining and trying to help you so i'm not
    sure why you show a lot of posts that express as if you were offended by my counter claims of "labstabbing". If you had payed any attention (once again -_-) i make it crystal clear that these things can happen. Choosing to do it on purpose is a different matter.
    Again still willing to help you out as i am helping out many at the moment make it out on
    the road to pvp! good luck big grin
    MrGrimmmz
    MrGrimmmz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MrGrimmmz Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:08 pm

n0rain wrote:
    @Grimmmz
    That oyster player likely DCed over lagstabs since you were exploiting them. ...i can see it on your screen though

but to be critical of a person for not dealing with the issue shows low class

I haven't said you were of low class

This clearly shows you haven't payed much attention to the things i explained about in the pvp videos and shows as an attack towards me for gaining backstabs in matches continuously. your saying your not telling me i am of low class but then you did a moment ago,then saying i was exploiting lag stabs yet there was no "Lag" stab feature in the video since i was properly behind my target and not 20 yds away. Your impression of a lagstab seems to be way out of proportion of what it really is. That is why i'm here to help you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:58 am