Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Low FPS (15) with patch

Boogerwood
    Boogerwood
    Casual
    Casual

Low FPS (15) with patch Empty Low FPS (15) with patch

Post by Boogerwood Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:34 pm

My graphics cards should be MORE than capable of running Dark Souls with the HD patch but I'm only getting 15 FPS. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, what did you do, if anything, to fix it? I'm running at 1920x1080 32 bit (16 bit was not different). I tried different resolutions but all seemed fixed at 15 FPS. I've heard Epicnamebro mention he gets 30 FPS so I know it's possible.

Thoughts? Any help is greatly appreciated!
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Low FPS (15) with patch Empty Re: Low FPS (15) with patch

Post by LordRevan Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:46 pm

Post your Specs else it's extremely hard to know anything about the problem.

Also make sure you fully read the readme that comes with the patch to make sure you have done everything correctly, there may be something you missed.

Otherwise check you set it up right. Such as you can set the internal engine resolution very high to effectively get SS in the game. That would more than likely make you lag.

etc.
    But post your specs.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:45 pm

Sorry, but what HD patch are you talking about? Do you mean the DSFix by Durante?
    Boogerwood
    Boogerwood
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Boogerwood Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:25 pm

Problem solved. Thanks guys! And yes, the "HD" patch was the one you referred to. NVIDIA just released a major driver update 3 days ago. I was able to customize my Dark Souls settings now in the NVIDIA panel and now I get 30 FPS. HUGE difference. Even at 15 it was fixed at 15 (even Blighttown). Now I'm fixed at 30... yes... even Blighttown. That was almost worth it alone for the PC! lol. LESSON: Check drivers frequently.
    xtal84
    xtal84
    Regular
    Regular

Post by xtal84 Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:31 pm

Hey Boogerwood, I sent you a PM, please check it if you get a moment! I have the exact same problem as you. I recently upgraded my Nvidia drivers for the sake of improving performance in Guild Wars 2 and it seriously *** up my performance in Dark Souls, which was totally fine before. I rolled back, uninstalled, reinstalled, tried multiple versions but it's still terrible... like 15fps at best, usually below 10 and unplayable.

I have no idea where to customize Dark Souls in the Nvidia control panel as you say you did. I would really appreciate any tips you could offer. Thanks!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:17 pm