Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
callipygias
lextune
FruitPunchNinja
Back Lot Basher
8 posters

Anyone ever fight the end bosses alone on a low level run?

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Anyone ever fight the end bosses alone on a low level run? Empty Anyone ever fight the end bosses alone on a low level run?

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:48 pm

Just wondering about the four end bosses (and the final boss)...anyone fight them alone, with no NPC or coop help, at a low level (less than 10). Is it even doable?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Anyone ever fight the end bosses alone on a low level run? Empty Re: Anyone ever fight the end bosses alone on a low level run?

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:51 pm

It is very doable, a lot of people have done it. Its actually probably easier then you are assuming. Basically you just can't take anymore then 1-2 hits. Use an elemental weapon and you do the same damage as if you were a higher lvl, use pyro and it will be even easier.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Anyone ever fight the end bosses alone on a low level run? Empty Re: Anyone ever fight the end bosses alone on a low level run?

Post by lextune Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:52 pm

Everyone should do it at least once.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:59 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUAhMhxRV1Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zwts4cz7IU

....there are literally hundreds of videos, I just grabbed the first two. silly
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:05 pm

I'm living proof that not only can you beat the game at NG+++++++ at sl 1 (or in my case, sl 6---an sl 1 with 5 points added to dex for variety), but that you don't have to be a particularly good gamer to do it.

I only summoned in the Burg, and that was only for fun (obviously).
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:07 pm

lextune wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUAhMhxRV1Y

I watched the first one, and the question that comes to mind is, how did the player not get one-shotted by those strikes? No armor, no resistance... I mean, I get that it takes good timing, but are the Kings hits really that weak?
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:11 pm

lextune wrote:Everyone should do it at least once.

I couldn't agree more.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:23 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:
    lextune wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUAhMhxRV1Y

I watched the first one, and the question that comes to mind is, how did the player not get one-shotted by those strikes? No armor, no resistance... I mean, I get that it takes good timing, but are the Kings hits really that weak?

Didn't watch the whole thing, but does he even take a hit?
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:25 pm

I've done a SL1 run, so here are my thoughts on how to tackle the bosses after Anor Londo. Firstly, if you're low level, elemental weapons are going to be the best investment you can make, so ensure you leave Anor Londo with a +5 lightning weapon. If you can't, ensure it's at least +4. And you should already have been to the Catacombs and made a fire weapon of some kind.

Nito

I think this one can be tricky because of weight restrictions, at least depending on what kind of weapons you can wield. As a pyromancer at SL1, you can only use heavy-ish hammers and axes, so equipping multiple weapons can be a hassle. I ended up getting around this by unequipping my divine weapon and equipping a fire weapon in its place manually during the fight, but that's pretty dicey.

All I knew is that I had to get rid of the skeletons first and foremost. If it's just a throwdown between Nito and myself, I'll win every time, and so will most players. Just have the Crest Shield for that area of effect blast he has and a fire weapon to get the most bang for your buck and he ought to go down pretty easily.

Seath

This guy's weak to the lightning weapon you should have by now, so that's at least one plus. As always, you ensure the crystal is destroyed and that you have some decent curse defense -- then just have at him. If you stand near the middle (erring towards the end) of the tail on your right (if you're facing him), he can't actually hit you with anything, and you can abuse this fact by chasing that tail around and taking swipes at it as often as possible. Even if you don't, though, it's just a matter of controlling error rather than finding a completely new approach.

Demon Ruins In General

Ceaseless Discharge can be easily done after Quelaag, of course, but sometimes you just find yourself leaving the guy for later. The obvious thing is the scripted method, of course, but if you want to do it the honest way, it doesn't make much of a difference. His attacks are so powerful that they can one-shot you even at higher levels if you haven't been building your vitality or defense, so the trick here is just to use a lightning weapon and have at his arms when he slams down, the same as always.

The Firesage Demon is essentially the Aslyum Demon, but with the tendency to evade much more often to gain distance. Staying close is your best friend here, except when he does his ground pound, whether it be with his rear end or his polearm. Once you know how to manipulate him into those attacks and how to avoid them, he's easy as pie.

The Centipede Demon is a bit more difficult, but still very managable. The worst bit is at the beginning of the fight, where it takes some goading to get the bastard into close combat range. Once he's there, though, you just have to be good at getting under him and avoiding his jumping attacks. Cut at his legs until he goes down.

Bed of Chaos is just as stupid whether you're SL1 or SL711.

The Four Kings

This one's a doozy. I ended up cheesing it with Havel's gear, which provides both magical and physical defense in good measure, not to mention the massive poise. These guys are weak to fire damage, too. So you just use your fire weapon, make sure you have a lot of Estus and stay close, tanking their hits (which do pretty pathetic damage at close range) and taking each one out as quickly as possible. Combustion and Great Combustion help a lot here, since they don't take up any stamina.

Keep in mind that at a low level, you'll have to put up with being over 50% of your equipment burden to pull this off. Pretty easy tactic, though; I basically did this after getting fed up of dying otherwise, 'cause I just wanted to beat the damn game at SL1.

Gwyn

Both the easiest and the hardest. If you can parry well, you can stand in place and essentially allow him to commit suicide against your shield. If you can't, or don't want to parry, then there's no room for error here. He'll kill you in one or two hits and plays it extremely aggressive. There's not much opportunity to heal unless you can get an obstacle between you and Gywn, so have a shield with high fire resistance (the Dragon Crest Shield or Black Knight Shield would be best). Since his attacks are so powerful, though, he can also do a number on your stamina bar, so you have to mix it up with dodging and blocking.

Gwyn takes pathetic damage from lightning weapons and, as I recall, not much more from fire weapons. Before going into this battle, it might be worth upgrading a good weapon down the occult path, although that's only a 10% boost and it may not mean much when compared to the monstrous base damage of elemental weapons. You might have to chip away at him no matter what, depending on your specific character, so get really to be naughty with the parry button or be prepared for a long fight with little room for error.

But honestly, out of all the end game bosses, only the Four Kings and Gwyn pose much of an issue and only if you don't want to use the standard tactics for defeating them. Otherwise, with elemental weapons, you'll be doing plenty of damage, and all you have to do is reduce your margin of error to make up for your low vitality. Playing it safe most of the time is a good call. The one issue is low endurance, which restricts your equipment load and stamina, so you have to be extra careful with how to dodge, block and attack -- but that ties into the "low margin of error" thing, so the two considerations find good synergy.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:42 pm

Good tips...thanks!
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:47 pm

The thing you were asking about the video ; She got hit by the handle of the kings sword which does considerably less damage. happy
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:22 pm

As I recall if you stand at a certain distance from Gwyn and use great combustion he'll try to dodge but will still get hit. When he does dodge its in a circular motion, either left or right, and will still be in the hit box of great combustion. So essentially you will stand in one place and just keep on great combustioning his *** till he drops while he just dodges back and forth within distance of your pyros (very effective against him idk why) I've done it and he only swung his sword once the whole fight and that was his first leaping attack at you when the match starts.

I know total cheese but if I don't feel like fighting him and just want his soul I'll do this method.

Last edited by RedderAI on Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:28 pm

I've always been intimidated by the sheer size of bosses, using a lot of ranged attacks, but lately I've seen some vids showing people getting up close and personal, and it seems to be a viable strategy for using a combo of pyro and melee. I'll have to work on putting together a more tactically aggressive attack.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:42 am