Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
DoughGuy
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ViralEnsign_
7 posters

Just a few things about Dark Souls I still dont understand.

Orango19
    Orango19
    Addicted
    Addicted

Just a few things about Dark Souls I still dont understand. - Page 2 Empty Re: Just a few things about Dark Souls I still dont understand.

Post by Orango19 Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:18 pm

InfiniteDoomsday wrote:You said that undead grow inhuman power or something similar to that when the first flame starts to fade, yes? Then the flame fading, the gods' power weakening, and the undead somehow growing as powerful (or more powerful) than the gods means that undead are given power to link the flame when the gods are not able to. Or maybe I am wrong, but you never know, right?

You have a point; and it totally makes more sense. +1
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Just a few things about Dark Souls I still dont understand. - Page 2 Empty Re: Just a few things about Dark Souls I still dont understand.

Post by Shkar Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:48 pm

Orango19 wrote:

He got the 4th Greatest Soul from the Flame, possibly the strongest, all by himself; that's an awesome feat even if he didn't do anything else. He is the initial spark of curiosity that makes people try to understand the lore behind the game. The initial Lore Grail every player try to find. His mention in the Intro is very important gameplay wise.

Don't think of it like a video game for a second. Just think of it like a normal story. A book, or a legend, or something just told to kids as they grow up.

We have Gwyn, "King of the World", who struck down the dragons with bolts of holy lightning. We have the Witch, who burned the dragons and their homes to ashes in order to free the surface for humanity. We have Nito, the very embodiment of death, who helped free us from tyranny and then lovingly watches over us once we die.

And then we have the pygmy, who did...what, exactly? It's as the legend of Hercules made reference to his twin brother and greatest ally Bruce, and then never mentioned him again. It would be like making a Justice League movie about Batman, Aquaman, and the Green Lantern, and then only showing Superman for the first 30 seconds and then never mentioning him again.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 pm