Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Quick study of MoF [Spoilers? It is innevitable]

Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Quick study of MoF [Spoilers? It is innevitable] Empty Quick study of MoF [Spoilers? It is innevitable]

Post by Seignar Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:51 pm

MoF = Mask of the Father nerfed from 15% to 5%
    I'll just input the data here:

If you are aiming for a Fast Roll:

You will not gain extra weight for your Fast Roll until you hit END 60. The extra weight caps at +.5 weight units.
    If you are wearing the Havel's Ring, the weight bonus starts from END 27, it caps at +1.4 weight units.
    If you are wearing the Ring of Favor and Protection, the weight gain starts from 44 END, caps at +.9 weight units
    If you were both rings, weight gains starts from 15 END, caps at +2. Weight units.

Medium Roll:

Weight gains starts from 10 END, caps at +2.3 Weight units.
    With Havel's Ring, you will always gain weight starting with +.6 units, caps at +4. units
    With RoFaP, there will always be an increase starting with +.2 units, caps at +3 units.
    With both rings, you will gain weight starting with +1. unit, caps at +5.1 units

Fat Roll:

You will always gain weight, starting with +1.2 units, caps at +2.3 units
    With Havel's Ring, you will always gain weight starting from +2.4 units, caps at +9.2 units.
    With RoFaP, you always gain weight starting with +1.7 weight, caps at +7.1 units.
    With both rings, you will always gain weight starting with +3.1 units, caps at +11.3 units.

Encumbrance:

You will always gain weight starting from +1.2 units, caps at +2.8 units.
    With Havel's Ring, you will always gain weight starting from +2.4 units, prevents over encumbrance at 59 END (without it is at 63)
    With RoFaP, you will always gain weight starting from +1.7 units, prevents over encumbrance at 84 (without it is 88)
    With both rings, you will always gain weight starting from +3.1 units, prevents over encumbrance at 43 END (without it is 46)

Conclusion: The heavier you are, the more weight you will gain for your roll class. This is an excellent tool for people who are trying to prevent encumbrance or moving from fat roll to mid-roll and are only a few points from doing so. It has little benefit for fast rollers.

But, yeah...it got hit hard.
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Quick study of MoF [Spoilers? It is innevitable] Empty Re: Quick study of MoF [Spoilers? It is innevitable]

Post by StockpileThomas Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:07 pm

Music to my ears.
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Quick study of MoF [Spoilers? It is innevitable] Empty Re: Quick study of MoF [Spoilers? It is innevitable]

Post by n0rain Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:27 pm

Isn't this formula how it has always been? Have the End breakpoints for fast and medium rolls changed? I never really took the time to do the math i just used trial and error.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:57 pm

what?

No, fast roll is 25%< equip weight mid roll is 25-50% fat roll is 50%>.
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:10 pm

^Who are you referring to?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:19 pm

I was referring to the game, but I was responding to you.

What formula are you talking about? and no because there arn't endurance breakpoints for any roll, they're equip burden breakpoints and they didn't change either. are my responses to your questions.

(there are 3 fast roll speeds btw but I don't remember the specific burden percentages there)
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:36 pm

they're equip burden breakpoints and they didn't change either. are my responses to your questions.

This is what I meant.

(there are 3 fast roll speeds btw but I don't remember the specific burden percentages there)

I know about these and there is 3 for mid roll too but I haven't tested fat olls.

What I was referring to was the OP's conclusion.

The heavier you are, the more weight you will gain for your roll class
    Aside from knowing this was there anything diffrerent that the op changed based on the PTDE? Or is this just a "in case you didn't notice, 5% is **** when you look at how equip burden works in this game" or what? I don't understand why the conclusion states a relatively known fact.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:46 pm

It may be obvious but it doesn't hurt to be clear.

The mask could still make a difference for keeping a mid or fat roll. That 5.1 units is several endurance points that can be saved or spent elsewhere.
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:48 pm

I see... The MoF comment at the top mentioning the nerf is what threw me off. It is just a post of clarification. Thanks Forum!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:25 am