Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
lextune
FellipeMariano
hageshisa
Ghadis_God
Rudmed
IV_Mark_VI
10 posters

Possible Dark Wraith invading downwards in the forest?

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Possible Dark Wraith invading downwards in the forest? Empty Possible Dark Wraith invading downwards in the forest?

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:14 pm

Hi Guys,

On the 360 I was invading as a darkwraith in the forest and it seemed like I invaded someone much lower from the souls I recieved.

As I understand, you get 10% of what the phantom/host needed to level up. So if they last needed 200k to level up, you get 20k by killing them.

Is this right? And was I mistaken? I didn't have a chart or anything to compare it with, but it seemed I was significantly overpowered compared to them (invading as a lvl 185).
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Possible Dark Wraith invading downwards in the forest? Empty Re: Possible Dark Wraith invading downwards in the forest?

Post by Rudmed Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:11 pm

You get 25% acutally, but they can be 10% lower level. So that maybe what you are experiencing, so they could be 18-19 levels below you.

Darkwraiths never go lower than their 10% instead they climb higher.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Possible Dark Wraith invading downwards in the forest? Empty Re: Possible Dark Wraith invading downwards in the forest?

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:51 pm

I'm pretty sure you get 10%. SL120 as a wraith usually gets me 7K souls, which is 10% of the approx. 70K souls it takes to level up in those ranges.
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:55 pm

I have done alot of counting during invasions and Im 100% its 10% of what the host need to level that is aquired in souls after a succesfull invasion.
    FellipeMariano
    FellipeMariano
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by FellipeMariano Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:01 pm

No way is 10%... I'm SL89 and I usually gets 15K souls from each kill.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:07 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:I'm pretty sure you get 10%.

I am 100% sure. It is an unmitigated fact.

Thousands of invasions and I always know the exact level of those I kill by the souls I receive.

We have a chart of the souls required to level right up to level 300 here on the wiki.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:11 pm

As a Darkwraith you kill host and get 10% of the souls it takes for them to level up.

And if you kill a Darkwraith you get 50% of the souls it takes for them to level up.

Honestly I am a little surprised that there is still any one left who does not know this basic fact of invasions.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:32 pm

Any idea of invading downwards in the Forest?
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:41 pm

Could easily be a glitch mark. forest does odd things sometimes. reds come in as blues blues come in as whites w/e doesnt seem impossible that the system got in a twist and invaded down...
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:47 pm

Yeah I've had that happen; was invading as a red and showed up blue. Also, summoned someone, and then someone invaded, but instead of saying "PlayerX invaded" it said "PlayerX Summoned".

Weird stuff.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Ya the Mark forest does some weird stuff for sure but coming from a Darkwraith with 1000's of invasion under his belt I can say this with 100% certainty....you 'SHOULD' only invade 10% down of your lvl plus 10 extra lvls....you can however invade a MAX lvl 700 play as it goes up infinitely!

At sl120 for expample it takes 90 000 to lvl...this with give you 45 000 souls if you hosted and killed a sl120 vader or 9000 if you invade a 120 lvl host...also with the lower limit they should have been lowest sl 98!

The wiki sl lvl chart should give you a good reference as to what lvl they were tho!
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:36 pm

Well, I did it with a Dark Moon, invaded a lvl 120 in the forest, but that's not a dark wraith...
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:49 pm

Well that would make sense...blue orbs looks for closest then invades down....red looks for closest and vades up!
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:48 am

Rudmed wrote:

Darkwraiths never go lower than their 10% instead they climb higher.

I have invaded players over 10% lower than myself on numerous occasions in just about every pvp area in the game. This is a common myth that Darkwraiths only invade 10% lower. They invade infinite amount above and also can invade an infinite amount below, it is a much higher chance of invading up however.

For example today I invaded Sens with my sl 50 and received just over 300souls for killing the clearly under leveled host. That is around sl 21 I believe. This was during a 2 hour invasion session and was the only time I noticed a significantly lower toon hosting. Also had plenty of sl100+ guys as well during the sesh lol
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:09 am

Well I think in a busy area that shouldn't ever happen Lord as it is looking to go up....however if there isn't many hosts it will eventually pick someone to die...they could be below the guildlines its happened to me before....but its very uncommon for the most part!
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:41 am

DarkW17 wrote:.but its very uncommon for the most part!

Agreed, extremely rare. Most times I get a max level or close to it toon even though I'm only level 60 or so lol. It is highly likely for me to get someone over 10% above me. Good challenge I suppose, underleveled me verse 3 high level toons...
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:53 am

Ya Lord lol I have slayn over a dozen 700 lvl guys with my sl55...its funny as hell when ya get 1 eh!!

As far as multiple high lvls that gets pretty crazy...I kept vading a gank crew tonight in Dark Anor...they made me work for that humanity lol!
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:45 pm

I have mentioned it before, but I regularly fight very high levels, 300 and up, with my level 80 Tomb invader.

If you are over levelled for an area you get sent up to the higher levels as a matter of course. ....which I like.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:24 am

The Tomb invader I just mentioned invaded the OP last night, lol. Is that irony? silly

....he DC'ed btw. winking
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Yeah, I DC'd, but after you took a hit, then ran and hid in the mobs and healed. I stood there waiting... we were both just sitting there waiting, it was 1:30AM I think, and then I said forget it, I'm not playing a waiting game if he wants to fight, lets fight. Granted, I had a buff on, so it was a smart move on your part, but I dind't know what you were doing. I assumed you would run and heal behind mobs anytime you took some hits. So I disconnected.

Next time just stick around and fight! You don't lose anything if you die.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:30 pm

I wasn't pissed or anything, but as noted; I run into a lot of high level toons there, so it is pretty standard for me to run and hide from buffs until they run out if I can. That one hit from your DMB buff took more than half of my HP, lol.

....more often than not if it isn't a high level player looking for the Leroy invasion, it is a host with 2 phantoms....

So either way....run, hide....profit! silly
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:44 pm

lol I wasn't jabbin at ya, just didn't want my reputation to be someone that runs from a fight, so clarifying.

I was SL 108, dex/faith build (which you should know from the falchion and the buff).

Do you use Aural Decoy? It'd be interesting to try there.

And yeah, I was going for Leeroy, but also was going to farm humanities and wait for invaders once I cleared out the mobs (while wearing the Dark Moon ring). Alleviates the boredom of farming.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:52 pm

I'd say its a glitch when wraiths invade more than the 10%+10 sls down. As someone else said, therer are all kinds of invasion glitches (my sl 80 dm has invaded using the blue orb and entered the world of a sl 150 host as a red)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 am