Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
Ryndis
Cronotis
GrinTwist
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ViralEnsign_
Ghadis_God
Knight Alundil
Rynn
bopjo1
BrotherBob
callipygias
Marino.
Argetlam350
Mr. Tart
ssss_2_is_pwnage
js100serch
lordgodofhell
Rifter7
T-King-667
Krasouski
Seignar
Solaire_of_Astora
IV_Mark_VI
Forum Pirate
FruitPunchNinja
DamageCK
ICEFANG
vatar5
RANT
Back Lot Basher
Lord of Ash
Serious_Much
Bamjam
WandererReece
38 posters

BB glitch opinions

Poll

BB glitch opinion

[ 15 ]
    BB glitch opinions - Page 3 I_vote_lcap17%BB glitch opinions - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 26 ]
    BB glitch opinions - Page 3 I_vote_lcap30%BB glitch opinions - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [30%] 
    [ 45 ]
    BB glitch opinions - Page 3 I_vote_lcap52%BB glitch opinions - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [52%] 

Total Votes: 86
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

BB glitch opinions - Page 3 Empty Re: BB glitch opinions

Post by vatar5 Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:53 pm

DamageCK wrote:
    vatar5 wrote:
    DamageCK wrote:
    So you don't have to farm all the other sh*t in this game for the 100th time.

If you don't like to "farm" slabs for the 100th as you say,why do you even play?

Plus farming is optional,you can buy your upgrades to +10 normal/+5 magic/+5 divine etc...

This is the way it was supposed to be,not happy?Go rant to the devs who made it so,request a better drop rate!And while you're at it,ask for a bank so it will be less of a bother to have godly equips at SL 8.

No power without effort and no reward without perseverance.

Because at the moment I DONT have to do that. And to answer the question that will probably follow, I'm going to bb glitch new characters with enough souls to hit 125 on all my empty slots so I don't have to farm even after the patch. Hell, I might go as far as to make another PSN with ten more muled slots. Some people may not agree with this, and that's fine. You play your game and I'll play mine.
    You know that the central core of thia topic is about BB glitched griefer. Guess why?Because they use an unfair way to humiliate newbies.
    What you want to do is something I personally don't care as long as you don't play online and stay in YOUR game but if you use this glitch to go PvP more easily,then it's completely unfair and yes I will disagree because you will meddle unfairly into OTHERS games which aren't yours.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:10 pm

The BB glitch is something with its ups and downs.

The good thing about it if that you can make a new PVP character in less than an hour and fight in the Burg. Now you might say "but it tuins your PvE experience!", if you can BB glitch, you had to already succeed PVE legitimately so you can get the items to glitch o you would have to go through the normal experience at least one. Another thing is that if anything, this prevents me from hating the PvE because of how many times I would have to do the game to test another build. If I want to PvE, I make a legitimate character and beat the game in 10 hours or less. If I want to PVP, I glitch so I don't have to get bored of the PvE; I already earned those items legitimately!

Now, here is the downside. It makes griefing easier. Granted, griefers can still exist, but you need a bit of actual skill to do it, which stops some of the complete noob griefers. On the other hand, because of this, it meanst that when you do get griefed, you are going to get griefed HORRIBLY What the BB glitch does is stop some griefers.

What is the price of losing the BB glitch?

- PVP might lose more players
    - People will get bored with PvE for having to do it too many times
    - On another note, because people will have to PvE a lot, their skills in PvE will become incredible and they'll find it harder to have fun doing challenge run (personal opinion)

For what benefit?

- Weaken griefers, which if sufficiently skilled can grief anyways! They'll just use their 1 super griefer character because that is all they need.

What it gives is > what it solves.
    They can take the BB glitch away (out of a selfish reason of already being prepared for it), but IMO, this will barely solve Dark Souls problems and will actually hurt the "good" community.

Also, the point of invasion is to a be a jerk, the devs predicted this! Griefing was practically on their to-do list.
    Krasouski
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Krasouski Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:25 pm

It will remove the dumb guys that you can backstab 10 times before getting one-shoted
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:29 pm

That is what we want. That isn't what we'll get. What we need to understand is that these people are ALREADY HERE! If you remove the glitch, they will still have their files with every single item still in there. They can still grief to their heart's content. We prevent some future griefers, but we lose more potential PVPers and current PVP players (Griefers are barely affected by this!)
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:33 pm

BB Pros:
    Makes it easier to test builds.
    Eliminates the need to waste time doing things you've already done and know you can already do just to get to an end result.

Cons:
    1. Griefing is made easier. People that can legitimately grief are normally good enough to beat a lot of players anyways.
    2. Results in an arm race, so that legitimate hosts and legitimate invaders that want to fight at an appropriate level 'go nuclear' with lightning weapons due to the assumption your opponent has one.
    3. Divine Blessings.
    4. Value of items that can't be bought diminishes. "Popping Humanities" is like eating candy currently, when it wasn't intended to be like that. Forcing people to farm them if they want to play like that increases the value of healing magic.

I honestly do not think as many griefers would exist without the BB glitch; it would just consume too much time to do PvE runs.

Completely disagree that the point of invasions is to be a jerk. The point is to have fun, which may require to some people to be a jerk, but definitely not me. There is no fun to me in destroying someone who can't defeat me (griefing).

@Seig: absolutely true, and anyone with a save can just backup all their save game files and reload it even after the BB glitch is here (on Xbox for sure, not sure about PS3). The damage is done.

Last edited by IV_Mark_VI on Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Which is why we should stop increasing the numbers of griefers,it's already an almost 24/24h constant nuclear invader in burg,let's not make it worse !
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:52 pm

Completely disagree that the point of invasions is to be a jerk. The
    point is to have fun, which may require to some people to be a jerk, but
    definitely not me.
    Well, being a jerk isn't purely the reason to invade. The normal reason is to get humanity and souls from players, but the nature of invading IS being a jerk because you're forcing your way into another player's game to kill them and you have no idea what is at stake for that player.

Value of items that can't be bought diminishes. "Popping Humanities" is
    like eating candy currently, when it wasn't intended to be like that.
    Forcing people to farm them if they want to play like that increases the
    value of healing magic.
    I don't think this really matters in PvP (Where we are discussing I believe), but it does affect PvE playthroughts.

Which is why we should stop increasing the numbers of griefers,it's
    already an almost 24/24h constant nuclear invader in burg,let's not make
    it worse !
    Once again, their numbers won't stop increasing, you can grief with no glitch whatsoever and the current griefers will be unaffected. You'll slow them down, but they won't stop increasing.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:53 pm

Both: Griefers are an absolute game breaker with this glitch. Yes there was always griefers but never this many. I made sl 25 characters for early game co-op and every time were invaded guarenteed they have flipping tanks+lightning whatever everybody had it. Opposed to the first month after the games release and you will rarly find somebody who was a op griefer. The good side of it. I love making my cosplay play throughs straight out of the gate. When me and a friend made our "vince and nico" cosplay play through we were able to have their equipment right away (un upgraded, so we can keep the challenge there) oposed to us having to literally beat one of the main last bosses to get patches to get him to sell the stuff. I only play with cosplays so the good side of it works well for me. But the bad side i mentioned earlier applys for everybody so its bets that the glitdch is removed. And it wasent intended to be in the game anyway.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:28 pm

Ultimately the vast majority of forum members have already made up their minds about the glitch being removed. In that regard, I appreciate the poll because it's simply asking people to identify with a stance. At this point we're now trying to convince each other of which stance is the most valid, and that's not happening since, like I said, the majority of us have already made that call for ourselves.

While I suppose I can appreciate a discussion that details WHY each person feels the way they do about it, I can't help but feel like a bunch of players with biased opinions (myself included) trying to convince a bunch of other players with biased opinions is either going to go nowhere or end badly, as so many other threads have lately.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:51 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:It's the Dev's game?

Makes me wonder about games like Barbie's Adventures then. Some really young programmers out there...

Not wanting to grind to do PvP is fine.
    Not wanting to grind to do PvE or participate in that scene isn't.

Segregate the two groups.

Yeah, it's the developers' game. As in... they developed it. So it'd feel a little strange for me to say "hey, this game you created? Some of it is stupid, according to me. Instead of dealing with it, not playing your game, or making my own game, I'll just tell you how to make your game." I mean, apologies to anyone who has taken it upon themselves to tell a developer how to make their own game, but I'd feel kind of f*ckin' pompous doing it myself.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:15 pm

It's not the developers game, any more than the contruction workers own the road they built. They're workers.

Most developers don't have much of a say; they can offer their opinions, but it's the design team and ultimately people writing the cheques that is their game. The design team usually has a vision that the timeline and money can't meet, and the dev team is working for the money and hopefully the joy of developing a cool game.

I can say to the road crew, "This road sucks, it fell apart in a year and there's already pot holes.". But they'll say, "We did the job we were paid to do with the materials we were told to use. We didn't design it or pick the materials."

Developers don't make the call on what weapons, what range, what damage, etc, etc. At most they offer suggestions.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:51 pm

Okay, well whoever makes those calls then. Whatever. I just refer to the people who put the game together as "devs", whether they're literally developers or the design team, or some middle-aged jerkoff in a suit who doesn't even play games. Whoever says, "the game is like this". Cool with you?
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:53 pm

prove that bbg is gone please.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:53 pm

Does this thread really have any relevance considering it will be patched in under 2 months?

I have used it for pvp creating of course but I am glad it is vanishing soon.

If the new patch forced all of us to start from scratch, I would be happy. *dodges stones and random magic casts at me
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:57 pm

i seriously mean this, as i've stated before the pc handles saves differently than the xbox or ps3.

PROVE TO US IT'S GONE before you start spreading this stuff around.

once i see that from says "IT'S GONE" i'll start paying attention to these threads.
    js100serch
    js100serch

Post by js100serch Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:08 pm

Yep it's bad.

I'm getting powned by those bastards with their electric zwarseshunegar, schwarzenegger... aaaa the big sword that you find in the graveyard XD

DamageCK is right. No matter how many glitches the dev's take out there's always going to be griefers, and also they're going to keep their weapons to continue griefing.

I can only come up with a couple of solutions. Dev's need to implment a Slvl restriction for the red eye orb or red cracked eye orb. Maybe just for people with slvl above100 or 80.

Or put a "golden fog gate" in "the abyys" so nobody can acces to the "darkwraith covenant" early in the game. Trust me I've seen people killing the Four kings with a "dagger" and "gold pine resin" O.o

I'm sick of those guys, I want a fair PvP and have fun in "Jolly cooperation". that's all we want.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:19 pm

Cool with me. But when you're on a development team, you can't make everything perfect. There's just not enough time, so mistakes are made, bugs are introduced, balance isn't right. Devs and teams know this, and sometimes they ship knowing about an error. There's not unlimited time to test, or unlimited time and money to develop, so things are very, very rarely shipped 'perfect'. Plus some ideas sound great in concept, but just don't pan out in the game for a variety of reasons.

There's also a lot of ideas and areas of focus. The person in charge of the weapons/combat may want more time to test some stuff, or isn't happy with how a certain weapon is working out. A lead dev might want more time to work on a bug where stuff falls through the floor. The story designers might want some of their characters/elements/plots added because they feel their grand story wasn't told. And a project manager might say "No, we don't have the budget for that."

So just because a game isn't completely finished, balanced, or has errors, doesn't mean I don't think it's a bad game, and it's also OK to suggest improvements. They'll take it into consideration perhaps, and won't be insulted.

Everyone has feedback forms. Stores and restaurants, they want to know what they're doing right and wrong.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:40 pm

Right. That's why they patch. They've got deadlines, I get that. So they continue testing and modifying their game post release, and if necessary they can issue patches as needed. And clearly a manufacturer asking for feedback isn't the same as unsolicited suggestions or even demands about what they want them to do to their game. After years of putting it together, they probably don't release it and go "okay, *** it. I don't care now." They're probably still measuring the game the same way any of us do.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:49 pm

Sure. Community is a bigger testing ground though. Patches though... well, it's sorta like a warranty. But there's no money in it, unless you consider the loyalty it can buy.

I don't think it's polite to demand changes. But saying what you think is broken, and prioritizing nice to haves from needed, well that's ok. But I know what you're saying; people think it's their right to demand changes for things that are 'clearly broken'.

How many devs do they have, post release working on this? Rate per hour? Salaries, lost revenue...? They could be working on extra content, another game... this is just included as an expense. Can't get everything, so focus on what's truly broken and leave the mildly OP stuff alone. Although some changes are easily made (stats, damages, numbers, etc). Changing how something fundamentally works is tougher.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:04 am

Right. That's basically what I was getting at.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:41 am

If you can't handle greifers, don't go human. It's meant to be a choice. Do you want help with a risk? Then go human. Do you want security of not being invaded? Then go hollow. I make some builds I want to test with BB glitch/Dhead glitch. I don't greif, but builds I like and know how well they work hpwise and everything I remake legit. I can easy kill a ninja flipping 60 poise tank with a lightning weapon+5 fapping all over his build and his MoM mask. People want this gone but there will be these greifers regardless... it's just as simple to drop trade with a random friend then it is to bb glitch over items.. I don't think it should be taken away, especially when it's already to late to negate it's bad effects in the first place..
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:19 am

Quite so, players can still trade to lower level characters via another player, removing the glitch does very little to slow down griefers, but does do it slightly. It does slow me down, because the thought of farming drakes for 10 hours to make a new character is really unappealing.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:19 am

While i'm not really in support of using it for your own advantage(especially in pvp) i do like to use it sometimes just so that i can roleplay(i do like roleplaying), thus the reason why i voted 'both'. Praise the Sun
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:49 am

It's really a touchy subject.

I can see it being good. I've used it a few times to test some build ideas. In that sense I find the BB glitch kind of a good thing. Once you have gone through quite a lot of playthroughs, shockingly, it does become slightly dull to collect everything again with a new toon.

Then there is the bad with how the BB glitch is abused by low level builds which ruins the fun for new comers to the game who might not know much of the game mechanics yet.

So ya it's both good and bad I feel but bad is ultimately really what the glitch has become.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:01 pm

Lets be honest here . The Bottomless Box glitch spoiled us all .
    It literally ruined PVE . And made making Builds too easy .
    Yes too easy .
    You could dish out Characters like there is no tomorow but they feel empty almost...hollow.
    But if you work for every single thing no matter how long it takes , you feel satisfied . You and your Character had to go through so much to get that one Slab to upgrade your +14 Balder to +15 .
    I am so very glad they removed it .

Thank you From .
    And hello Forums Bow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:41 am