Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Poise optimal points

Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Poise optimal points Empty Poise optimal points

Post by Pesth Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:51 pm

i now that 53 and 76 are some of then... i think 107 is another, can someone make a list of all the poise break points?
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Poise optimal points Empty Re: Poise optimal points

Post by cloudyeki Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:54 pm

Check the wiki and the rescource thread. /thread
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:59 pm

oh, thanks... on the resource thread the poise page is missing the list, but i found it on the search bar on the wiki
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:02 pm

Just want to add: I think there's more to poise than just the break-points. The reasoning behind this is that we believe stun-locking works like an invisible status ailment bar. When you get hit, the bar fills according to the type of weapon you were hit with, and drains over time when you don't get hit. So if you get more poise, but don't reach the next break-point, it'll still be beneficial, since it means you'll be able to go less time without getting hit and still not be stun-locked.

Explanation:
    If a greatsword hit fills 52 points of a stun-lock bar, then having 53 poise would allow you to take 1 hit without getting stun-locked. But then you'd have to wait for all 52 points to drain from your bar without getting hit again, otherwise the next hit would stun-lock you. But if you had 60 poise, your bar could be filled to 7 points and a greatsword still wouldn't stun-lock you; so instead of waiting for all 52 points to drain, you'd wait for 45 of them to drain and you wouldn't get stun-locked by the next hit.

So the break points are still important, but every point of poise above them still counts. That's my theory, anyway...
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:30 pm

BLA1NE wrote:Just want to add: I think there's more to poise than just the break-points. The reasoning behind this is that we believe stun-locking works like an invisible status ailment bar. When you get hit, the bar fills according to the type of weapon you were hit with, and drains over time when you don't get hit. So if you get more poise, but don't reach the next break-point, it'll still be beneficial, since it means you'll be able to go less time without getting hit and still not be stun-locked.

Explanation:
    If a greatsword hit fills 52 points of a stun-lock bar, then having 53 poise would allow you to take 1 hit without getting stun-locked. But then you'd have to wait for all 52 points to drain from your bar without getting hit again, otherwise the next hit would stun-lock you. But if you had 60 poise, your bar could be filled to 7 points and a greatsword still wouldn't stun-lock you; so instead of waiting for all 52 points to drain, you'd wait for 45 of them to drain and you wouldn't get stun-locked by the next hit.

So the break points are still important, but every point of poise above them still counts. That's my theory, anyway...

This makes sense. I have to agree based on my experience. I hit right under certain breakpoints all the time and tank two hits from it. Not consecutively but after being hit. On one of my recent setups it usually takes two katana hits to stun me however I took three the other day but I couldn't figure out why.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 am