Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Coop build

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Coop build Empty Coop build

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:15 pm

Hi guys,

Buying the game for the PS3 (already have it for the XBox) and am going to coop with a friend. That being said, in a previous playthrough I helped my friend with stats, and the game just felt way too easy. So this time, I'm not going to, except to say don't touch resistance.

So, I will need a way to level up, not gimp myself, stay within range, and not steal the show. Thoughts? I would like to be more of a support role.

My current thoughts:
    1. Focus on the bow, but have a variety at different levels for different fights. Help chip away at enemy health, but not engage much so he has the danger aspect.

2. Loved my wanderer build that focused on Magic Weapon and then Greater magic weapon, lightish weapons, mainly focused on dex, vit, end. However, I don't want to steer him into magic if he's not naturally going that way anyways.

3. Cleric. Just pump faith, vit, and have a bit into END. Don't get the divine ember until my friend decides to go that way; if I have to rely on a Raw mace/spiked club then so be it. Also, I can heal myself (lot of good it does him though!)

That's it for now. I don't want to play the role of a Deus Ex Machina, to save him at the last second (if I'm using that term right; he's in trouble, and then I save the day). I'd actually prefer to host, and have him explore the level first, then if he dies I can resummon him. Humanity will be hard to come by for the first good while.

Besides warning him about resistance, I plan not to tell him much more. It'll make coop annoying at first, as he won't know where to go to eventually summon me, but steering him to the right areas isn't fun either. If he's lost, I'll just chat to him and farm rats under the bridge.

Anyways. Any ideas out there? Wish there were low level princess guard type miracles.
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Coop build Empty Re: Coop build

Post by n0rain Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:24 pm

A cleric build is perfect. Drop some healing his way and attune WoG for protection in later levels like Londo. Grab an appropriately leveled composite bow upgraded through the divine or occult variants. Start out with a Morning Star and progress to the Crescent Axe after you kill Nito. Other than that try to play around with what works for you. Oh and one last thing, you will only do chip damage with a divine weapon when you go up against S&O. Try to bring an occult weapon.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:57 pm

I can't heal him as a cleric until Princess guard right? Great Heal and Great Heal excerpt only heal yourself.

I don't expect to have WoG until we tackle the catacombs, which is much later where invasions won't be as key, but Force will help even low level.

There's an occult club by O&S so I can use that.

Cheers
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:43 pm

You can Save Rhea before you go to londo in your game for WoG. I would even suggest going to Anor londo and opening up the dukes archives just to have the PG miracles on hand for when they become available. I've tried that club before and I don't like it. I'd do the Asylum before you go to Anor Londo and then do the painted world before the second half of Anor Londo. Back track to get an upgraded occult weapon and continue. They come in handy for the lord soul fights if your host knbows you have them. Especially Nito where people tend to be more aggressive and try to take him down as quick as they can. BS before the pit, SS after the host drops(recomended to time it so you are casting it during the cutscene) and SS at different intervals. recomend that you have very high poise. I did it with 100 poise.

These are all recomendations so your friend doesn't get overwhelmed. At release I had someone purchase it with me and he became overwhelmed with trying to play together invasions and general difficulty to the extent that he just quit.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Thanks for the advice; I won't show him anything he doesn't see himself though, so no getting WoG until he actually goings into the tomb himself.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:21 pm

no! make him go to to,mb of the giants with no lord vessel like a lot of people did. i did it cause i wanted to save reah and i was stuck there for a couple of days.
    BackstabFisherman
    BackstabFisherman
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BackstabFisherman Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:30 pm

Why would this be under PVP? Are you asking for a ganker build? I'd recommend a high backstab damage dealer. Something like Large Club + CMW or Darkmoon Blade + hornet's ring.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3952905871378763

There is your SL 100 gank backstabber build twisted .

Might be a good idea to play sneaky, meaning don't engage immediately with the others, and circle around from the back while remaining unseen. Just some pointers from someone who has been there and done that.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:33 pm

Its under PvP because it has a dual purpose of making a coop build that doesn't steal the show but is still viable for PvP by the end.

Cleric looks good. Thanks guys

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:23 pm