Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Desiani
Loopie
FellipeMariano
3DHero
Hellion7776
callipygias
IV_Mark_VI
leopard2lx
12 posters

Four Kings in NG+

leopard2lx

Four Kings in NG+ Empty Four Kings in NG+

Post by leopard2lx Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:23 pm

Does anyone have any tips on how to beat the Four Kings on NG+?
    They were really easy on regular game.

I am SL 104 with fully upgraded Giant Armor and they pretty much 2 shot me.
    The main problem I'm having though is that the kings seems to appear very quickly one after another.
    I'm using a Lightning Zweihander +5 that does almost 600 damage per hit to them and even though I can kill a king pretty fast, the next one appears very quickly and two of them kill me super fast.

I summoned one guy to help me but he died fast too.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Four Kings in NG+ Empty Re: Four Kings in NG+

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Faster weapon with buffs.

4 Kings do all magic damage I believe, so a good armour set is Dingy set.

What are your stats?
    leopard2lx

Post by leopard2lx Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:36 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Faster weapon with buffs.

4 Kings do all magic damage I believe, so a good armour set is Dingy set.

What are your stats?

I don't think I have the Dingy Set. I was using the Crest Shield because it has 80% damage reduction to Magic.

Hp: 1325
    Max Equipment Load: 83 (123 with Havels Ring)
    40 Str
    22 Dex
    42 Endurance
    40 Vitality
    Poise 91

Not sure what other stats I have

I am doing this right after Blightown....so maybe I am going there too soon? I could do Sen's Fortress and Anor Londo instead
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:45 pm

Dingy set is what the Firekeeper drops when she dies in firelink shrine.

Try a fast swinging weapon, with power within, and a Golden Pine Resin. Like the handaxe.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:16 pm

leopard2lx wrote:I am doing this right after Blightown....so maybe I am going there too soon? I could do Sen's Fortress and Anor Londo instead
    Most people do it well after Anor Londo during their first NG+, as it's easily the hardest fight in the game from this point forward.

If you're dead-set on tanking them (like the 91 poise suggests) you'll do better with a strong buff and a faster weapon. It's the easiest way to tank them in + and beyond. For my first NG+ I went light and started learning to dodge them. I didn't know how effective buffs were against them at the time, so I used the Black Knight Great Axe, which does great damage and swings relatively fast.

The most important thing for me when doing the Kings is to have a few green blossoms. You won't believe the difference it makes when your stamina just flies back to full. Also, if you have the Crest Shield you can block most of their magic damage and stay light.

Wish I could post more specifics but I'm at work.
    Hellion7776
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hellion7776 Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:53 am

Just just soloed it this weekend on NG+ because every person I summoned couldn't dodge and was twoshotted as soon as they engaged. I recommend Stone armor, Grass shield (on your back) and Dark fist in your left hands, and any hard hitting polearm/2hander in your right wielded two handed. As you jump in, eat a green grass and charge in with the Dark first shield up (it negates 80% of the damage and doesn't stagger you) for the magic spells. When you get close, swap to your grass shield, and two hand your wep and go to town. Only drink when the King is down, or after you dodge our of the way. When you see him spin, just swap to your dark fist and block. No need to run unless you are SURE you can dodge. If he uses the AOE, the dark fist will catch the damage. If he uses grapple, just soak the damage and dodge his next swing, then drink. I used a +10 Fire Gargoyles Halberd (not uber powerful) and still killed them each and had time to drink before the next king arrived. This is my new "go to" method for these guys, as calling in help makes their HP go up.
    Good Luck, and have fun!
    3DHero
    3DHero
    Casual
    Casual

Post by 3DHero Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:12 pm

well if you've got pyromancey you could go and buy Iron flesh for extra protection at the expense of mobility or you can buy the great magic barrier that will protect you against there magic attack.
    FellipeMariano
    FellipeMariano
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by FellipeMariano Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:46 pm

Use heavy defense against magic and stay very close to then... just after the AoE attack you drink a Estus Flask. I used a Dragon Greatsword +5 (50STR) with the one-handed RT attack doing about 650 per hit (and leaving half stamina to block). Mostly of his attacks doesn't hit when you're close enough to then. If another one comes before you kill the first one, stay calm and keep the initial tactic (don't worry about the second).

In my first playthrough, I fight the 4 at once... maintaining the fight agaisn't the first one and keeping calm... you don't need to kill all of then, just damage then enough to empty the health bar.
    Loopie
    Loopie

Post by Loopie Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:42 pm

Was always so scared of this boss I would always summon help. DO NOT DO THAT! They get a HUGE health increase. A decent fire/chaos weapon upgraded does wonders in this fight, I used a +5 Chaos MSGS and it DESTROYED them. Also having some Green Blossom and having a fast roll speed is great. Use Darkhand for block their homing soul thingy and dodge their attacks right an you'll have no problems at all taking them down.
    Desiani
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Desiani Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:36 am

Does the abyss sword work well on them?
    LD_Soze

Post by LD_Soze Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:28 am

I run in with full havels, crest shield and Quelaggs Furysword. Get to the king and 2 hand and spam R1. The hits that close will do little damage and you can heal between each king. This has worked perfectly through NG++ for me.
    LD_Soze

Post by LD_Soze Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:54 am

"The hits that close will do little damage"

Let me clarify - when you are close to the King their attacks do much less damage and the heavy armor will withstand a grab attack - and do not roll just tank it
    Xskulled
    Xskulled
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xskulled Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:37 pm

Whenever I take on the 4 kings, i always do it solo and with very light armor so I can fast roll.

Most people say the best way to take on the Kings is to tank their hits but its much better to roll under their swings and punish them.

I also recommend you go in alone, especially since it seems everyone you summon dies before they can contribute much to the fight. Not only that, but when you summon a phantom for the 4 Kings fight they gain (50%?) hp and they spawn faster aswell.

Go in solo, abuse stamina regen items (Child mask, green blossoms) and you should be fine.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:43 pm

30%. That being said, if you summon a phantom that knows what they're doing, the fight is much easier. Buffed dex weapon= dead kings.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:40 pm

Or if you see a phantom with Logan's or the Tin Crystal Cat summon them. Then you can just stand back at a safe distance and spam mocking gestures at the Kings while the sorcerer destroys them.
    mattm28

Post by mattm28 Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:01 pm

Never understood why people use iron flesh every time i tried that the kings would just run away and id be too slow to catch up and hit them. if you have a faith build its cake. SLB and GMB ftw. just make sure you know how to dodge properly.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:37 pm

Pyromancy works great for me. Only not above NG++

But the most important thing for me was how to dodge them. It's far more easy when u learn that than bringing a tank in to deal with them, also more satisfying to dodge them instead of being whacked at lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 pm