Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
WandererReece
Back Lot Basher
FruitPunchNinja
JSPrestonEsq
Gazman0169
DamageCK
Tolvo
StarScarJenova
Yukon
reim0027
callipygias
tofucactaur
Serious_Much
StockpileThomas
Forum Pirate
Ghadis_God
cloudyeki
Razielthemanslayer
IV_Mark_VI
23 posters

PS3 methods of telling invaders to please exit

Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

PS3 methods of telling invaders to please exit - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 methods of telling invaders to please exit

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:13 am

Morning Mark, I honestly cannot see that an Invader would listen even if you could get a message off to them in time, simply because you and your co-op bud would be easy prey to them. Far better for you to forewarn your bud to expect the worst, and if the grieving gets to bad simply shut down and begin again as this will reset both of your invasion counters, which in turn should greatly decrease the likelihood of you coming up against the same grievers time and time again. Good luck, and have fun!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

PS3 methods of telling invaders to please exit - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 methods of telling invaders to please exit

Post by Tolvo Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:16 am

You could also try and get another friend to summon, that has a powerfull toon just there for the sake of killing invaders, they could just follow along not attacking but when an invader pops in, they rush to kill em.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:23 am

Not much fun for the friend though, unless they're being constantly being invaded that is. :evil:
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:32 am

Are disruption of service attacks OK? I don't see why not.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:33 am

They're completely illegal.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:34 am

Link?

Oh yes, US. Also UK and I'm assuming Europe?

Last edited by IV_Mark_VI on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:39 am

Well it depends on who your internet provider is, it violates the terms of most of them, and in some cases can even catch the eyes of the FBI if done to a person who does it for a job. Such as if a youtuber gets DDOS'ed while trying to record game footage, or a person streaming especially.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1030

I believe in some states it is 5 years for such acts.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:46 am

Hmmm...... still worth it?

Haha. I kid. Don't, my man.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:48 am

Ah, let me find the UK laws. To my understanding while you won't have the FBI on your case, unless the person you do it to is in the US, you'll have to deal with their laws.

Here's an article about it.

http://news.cnet.com/U.K.-outlaws-denial-of-service-attacks/2100-7348_3-6134472.html
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:52 am

Yeah US/UK have tough laws about it... interesting
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:53 am

Yeah, for pretty good reason with how people have been using it these days.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:58 am

US has some weird laws... glad I don't live there.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:59 am

Well it's denying someone the use of something they pay for.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:05 am

They can always play offline right?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:07 am

They pay for their internet service, they should get to use it.

EDIT: Just remember to please not detail any information about how to do it on the forum, I'd rather not see us shut down.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:15 am

Oh yeah, it'd just be to boot them out of the game, not to deny them internet service.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:17 am

I know, but understand it's near to the level of hacking to kill an invader since you don't wish to fight the. It's just a territory that maybe shouldn't be discussed on the forum.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:11 am

I'm with Tolvo on this one. Probably best to drop that part of the conversation.
    StarScarJenova
    StarScarJenova
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StarScarJenova Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:38 am

As was suggested, I'd be willing to be this antigriefer! I'll just follow along and can provide some good, seemingly unending, consumables while I keep an eye out! big grin
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:23 am

Hmm. I should make an antigriefer toon for Anor. That actually sounds like fun.
    JSPrestonEsq
    JSPrestonEsq

Post by JSPrestonEsq Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:06 am

When I'm in a tough spot and I get invaded - I quit out. Don't care if it's lame. If I'm working on something or in a new area, I don't want to deal with it. However, if I'm farming in a comfortable area - or at least an area I know very well, I stand and fight. I've had my share of invasions- and there is nothing more gratifying than kicking someone off the ledges in Blighttown and saying "G. T. F. O. of my game!"
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:01 am

C'mon guys, i guess i understand but a huge part of the game is getting your *** kicked by invaders. You slowly see how they fight in your first playthrough, then your second or towards the end of your first you put up more of a fight. Especially if you will always be with him, its 2vs1....

I don't know, obviously everyone is allowed to play how they want. So i have no issues with you not wanting to deal with invaders, but it's like playing a FPS and messaging someone not to shoot you -_-
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:24 am

If you could play the campaign coop, and if enemies could drop into the campaign with weapons that did way more damage and had way more health than you did, when you don't even know the possible directions they can come at you.

But other than the huge differences in damage taken/recieved, yeah, it's like that.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:06 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:C'mon guys, i guess i understand but a huge part of the game is getting your *** kicked by invaders.
    As much as I've always despised invaders, I suppose you're right. The invader usually has over-leveled gear, so they'll almost always kill the host on their first playthrough, but I guess the balance comes later, when the same level 30 ltng. Zwei invades you on +++ when you're sl 120 and you destroy them.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:07 pm

If the invader lost humanity if they lost the fight, I'd agree with this. Just one humanity even. They risk nothing, they are geared by build and spells for a single fight, they have a lot of advantages.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:28 am