Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Level 30 pvp covenant help

Desiani
    Casual
    Casual

Level 30  pvp covenant help Empty Level 30 pvp covenant help

Post by Desiani Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:49 am

As the title says, I made a toon with a level 30 cap because I wanted to see how pvp goes without having to refine a character to the specific detail due to life constraints.

I am having trouble picking a covenant that would be best suited to my needs and wanting to get my feet wet. I have tried being a dark moon at various levels ranging 55-135 and about 80% of the time, the invasions fail sad I haven't tried dark wraith because I haven't seen the Katherine guy in game yet. I horridly dislike forest covenant because of the constant 2/3v1 I always seem to get.

Could some one explain why my dark moon experience could be less then satisfactory? What differences does being a dark wraith have on a dark moon? Anything special I should know about either one?
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Level 30  pvp covenant help Empty Re: Level 30 pvp covenant help

Post by Maneater_Mildred Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:53 am

Well for starters DM can only invade people with sin, so you may have problems at times trying to find a host. Also when trying to invade as a DM it helps if you stay hollow so that people are not trying to invade you, as this may interrupt any invasions your are trying to do.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:02 pm

Katherine, lol. That's a good name for Kaathe.

In addition to the sin point raised by maneater, I would add that DMs invade at or below their level. There might not be a huge pool of sinners below SL30 (although BB glitchers are an exceptoin). If you join the darkwraiths, you can invade up and you don't need to worry about sin. Have you placed the lord vessel yet or talked to Frampt (the toothy serpent in the firelink shrine)? If not, you're a candidate for the darkwraiths. If that opportunity has passed you by, you could always host in dark Anor Londo by killing boobs-McGee.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:22 pm

strangejoy wrote:boobs-McGee.

You stole my nickname for her!
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:25 pm

meridam99 wrote:

If you used that name before, consider my use tribute instead of theft. silly It's a catchy nickname, imo.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:37 pm

strangejoy wrote:
    meridam99 wrote:

If you used that name before, consider my use tribute instead of theft. silly It's a catchy nickname, imo.

To be honest, I started using Boobs Mcgee because I can't spell Gwnevereaidknald.
    Desiani
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Desiani Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:03 pm

Ok. What exactly does the dark wraith do? Don't they get some kind of weapon that looks pretty cool?
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:10 pm

Desiani wrote:Ok. What exactly does the dark wraith do? Don't they get some kind of weapon that looks pretty cool?

Indeed they do. When you first join, you get a dark hand. The dark hand can either be used as a punching weapon or as a shield. As a punching weapon, it looks like your hand is covered in a black smokey/glowing substance. When you use R2, the hand performs a slow grab attack that can drain the humanity of your opponent. If you use it as a shield, it bends light such that it looks like a black hole. When you rank up in the covenent, you get a dark sword and armor that appears to be made out of bones. The dark sword is a decent weapon (better than the dark hand, but it doesn't steal humanity).

edit: The most important things you get as a dark wraith are cracked red orbs and the red orb. The red orb requires +1 rank in the covenent, and it allows endless invasions. The cracked red orbs can be used for invasions even after you've left the covenent for some other covenent. I generally join the darkwraiths as early as I can with every one of my characters regardless of whether I plan to ultimately join some other covenent. The cracked red orbs are just too useful to pass up.
    nhbdy
    nhbdy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by nhbdy Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:20 pm

Desiani wrote:Ok. What exactly does the dark wraith do? Don't they get some kind of weapon that looks pretty cool?

they get a sword and a set of armor, nothing real crazy, they also get the dark hand, an unarmed weapon that you can use to steal humanity (strong attack) and can be used in the left hand slot as a shield that looks like a black hole. The main attraction is the red eye orb, you can use it infinitely as long as you are human, if you die you loose all "banked" humanity and souls but these can be recovered if you can get back to your area of death, the important part is that you stay human on a loss and can thus PvP infinitely for basically no cost.

EDIT: ninja'd

I bet you got some kind of strange joy from it too...
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:33 pm

[quote="nhbdy"]
    Desiani wrote:
    EDIT: ninja'd

I bet you got some kind of strange joy from it too...

Oh yes, I do. 👽 🤡 :cyclops: (to prove my point, here are three strange emoticons that serve no obvious purpose).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:44 am