Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
n0rain
FruitPunchNinja
RANT
Jansports
8 posters

SL99 the begining of the end[spoilers]

Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

SL99 the begining of the end[spoilers] Empty SL99 the begining of the end[spoilers]

Post by Jansports Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:38 am

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=1258409787243896

Oh Lady Ciaran why do you got such a sexy robe? With poise? For THAT weight?

I've felt like Dex/Pyro was going to be good, great even at sl99(or 100) But I think it's going to be Haveldad Giantmom 2.0 It's going to be popular. I mean dressing up like the Lord's blade, sweet new shiny dex weapons. Katanas already popular, ect. ect.

I really wanted to see if I could get to 62 poise to stop the onslaught of dex weapons/spears ect. and tank two hits from them. Lo! and it was made so that Ciaran's robe had poise, and he did look on his creation and smile.

But now that I made this I can either look back and laugh at my naive perspective OR look back and say "Told you so"

In either case think we can improve it?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

SL99 the begining of the end[spoilers] Empty Re: SL99 the begining of the end[spoilers]

Post by RANT Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:50 am

yeah pvp is not gonna change at all, everyone is gonna keep using katanas or rapiers, the only difference is that dex builds wont hav 106 poise.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

SL99 the begining of the end[spoilers] Empty Re: SL99 the begining of the end[spoilers]

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:44 pm

Dex/pyro already is insanely popular, but yea them having less poise is obviously a good thing. Also i know people disagree, but hitting someone with a DWGR on is much more difficult then hitting someone who is fast rolling. I think everything is changing for the best, and i will have a medium rolling str build along with other types of builds. Honestly mage builds are going to be really powerful too, but in the arena in particularly faith is going to rule. I think its a pretty nice variety of what will do well. Much better then the current state of things, in my opinion at least.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:53 pm

http://tinyurl.com/9mn3l83 one of the mage builds i will most likely use. That dark bead has really low stat req and has one hell of a hit radius.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:59 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:http://tinyurl.com/9mn3l83 one of the mage builds i will most likely use. That dark bead has really low stat req and has one hell of a hit radius.

I'm messing around with a somewhat similar Oolicile catalyst build(32end 45dex 41vit less Dark more GC)

I also think a pure 44 int Pursuers/CSS build will be workable.

Also considering the nature of the arena (no healing) I've become reinvigorated to try a hyper build, but I'm not sure how much you can get away with without having BKshield/MagicEffigy to swap, who knows
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:13 pm

Well you can heal using the heal miracles, which is why i said faith will just rule the arena. Dex/Faith+stacks of SLB and Great Heals.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:17 pm

My STR build is going to be something like this http://tinyurl.com/8dxe3qp. I need to get on making them before the patch, i just haven't been in the mood. The medium roll does seem to be quite a bit faster though, i think it will be viable. Just need to heavily rely on the defense of Havels shield against range attacks.
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:06 pm

I humbly disagree with ninja on faith builds. Faith builds have so little damage shy of buffs that it doesn't matter if you have a healing miracle. What you will see with faith builds are a sacrifice to damage or hp, which either way nerfs faith in a really hard way. At least on the Sl.99 front. In the 200 bracket it ill most definitely be tough to bring a faith user down, but at Sl.200 every build can equip a low level talisman and heal so it will boil down to more skill over skillset.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:14 pm

http://tinyurl.com/8h9drkr
    somebody order a momtroll?
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:27 pm

200 is such an absurd place. Like for seriously. http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=1669279946704816

really?

But I do agree, FAI builds will be pressed to dish out damage while buffs are up, or fall behind the damage pace from Dex or Int focused builds.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:07 pm

this is what the new trolls are gonna be using http://tinyurl.com/9odk8d2 i know its less damage but you still gonna get gangbanged and it doesnt matter tha gs are slower when you have three of them beating the crap out of you at the same time and the rapier is of course to bs your ***.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:09 pm

I dont think they will run the clay with the Uber greatsword up for grabs. although that is entirely possible I suppose.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:15 pm

Zwei can still lock in pvp, clay can't.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:45 pm

I think the fact that everyone disagrees on what will be most powerful just shows that it is indeed more balanced now. I have to disagree though rant, the elemental weapons really were nerfed quite a bit and so was backstab damage.

I think castings either Pyro or Int is going to be the new troll build, but more then ever skill is going to play a big part. I also agree the obsidian greatsword will be widely used, but i don't think its the best weapon it just has amazingly low stat req vs damage output. Remember the mom mask was nerfed too, so that build you posted dan will have 5% less health.

Also anyone who has been practicing not using the DWGR, or just didn't use it much is going to have a huge advantage. All those people who used the DWGR on every single build are going to have to adapt, theres a bit of a learning curve. I for one love all the changes they made, only thing i wish they added was a slight decrease in some of the STR weapons weight.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:59 pm

my str builds were the ony ones that suffered from the dwgr, i never got why people used to for dex weapons since it does not need it but i guess they really need 106 poise. i switched the favor ring for havels and damn i have low vit(1300) for my sl 99. im pissed theres no hyper armor but i guess rtsr will help me out a little. and elemental will till be used a lot byt trolls dude, after thi whole year they didnt get any better(not that they were even decent) so i think theyre gonna stick to what they think they know. this time it will be a lot easier to deal with them though.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:07 pm

crap, i was talking about gankers not trolls.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:30 pm

They're still easier to deal with than before. They're gouging End rather than Vit, and 485 split damage is pretty weak for PvP. That's less than a chaos Uchi does prepatch. Also, the 10% crit bonus from a rapier was never much of an advantage, it only put it on the level of slightly larger and heavier weapons if at that. It's only an increase of approximately 50-80 damage over what it would do without the 110 crit value.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:45 pm

My main fear is of 3 gankers with pursuers. That is going to become pretty common i think, its going to get pretty crazy.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:55 pm

at least we'll all get better at dodging the new spells lol.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:39 pm

That's true. When I first started out I actually had trouble dodging CHSM and CSS, and especially WotG, now it's second nature. I don't think Pursuers will be as scary once we've gotten some practice dodging it.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:55 pm

A single pursuer im not worried about, 3 all at the same time or one after another though :O that silver pendant or w.e the thing that blocks that type of magic is going to always have to be hotkeyed. It only requires 28 INT too which is pretty low for how good it is.
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:59 pm

I intend on using VoS mostly since its low on the faith stat. i think Velka's talisman and VoS is going to be way common for pure melee or melee/int Hybrids.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Vow of silence has always been in the game, so i kind of doubt that. Unless it got a buff to how long it lasts, try it out though sometimes people are just surprised by players who use underused tactics like that. I don't feel like it will be very common though.
    mmghouse
    mmghouse

Post by mmghouse Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:08 pm

I have to agree with fruitpunchninja. VoS requires 2 slots and 30 faith. On a sl99 character, two extra slots gets kind of expensive for 30 seconds of peace. Good luck trying to recast it. The pendant is going to be the most common response because it is a hard counter and pursuers are limited in supply. The risk is that they have swapped over to a soul spear. I look forward to the mind games.
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:38 pm

you two are correct. I must have been duped by the calculator. 30 faith is too high to be considered a viable option outside of faith builds.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:00 am