Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+46
Dibsville
twigsterxd
Virulas
Tchuwib
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Hyena
psychichobo
Bloodpact91
PlasticandRage
defacto
Djem
User1
Guntles_5
Gazman0169
StarScarJenova
Odinbear
Icegodzilla
DMC
Conrack
Onion Knight
moaiguy42
BIG TIME MASTER
CaligoIllioneus
Walter_White
Corporal Maxey
TheAshenPhantom
king leonidas
Boogerwood
BoilerFan8472
Seignar
FinPeku
reim0027
edgie_za
Tomhet
Everynevers
WandererReece
GTP_Zodicus
T-King-667
bmurn
Mr. Tart
callipygias
FellipeMariano
Peaceful Wollyhop
philtitan
befowler
xSomax
50 posters

Tales of Jolly co-operation!

Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 2 Empty Re: Tales of Jolly co-operation!

Post by Everynevers Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:08 pm

I've been playing since launch but never invaded or set down a summons. I created a SunSister for Jolly Cooperation lately and this weekend was the first time I'd tried to be summoned.

1st summon - I'm at the top of Sen's and I finally feel up to the challenge of social gaming and place a summons down right below where the first exploding barrel landing is thinking I'll be extra helpful and aid people earlier than the boss fight but later than all the hanging blades. Not much time goes by and I'm summoned. It's a player in full Balder's gear, lol. He dashes up the stairs and I follow, we dash all the way to the skinny walkways below the crossbowman and he makes it... now it's my turn and the barrels are coming a pretty good clip. My timing fails and BLAM, I get barrelsploded to death.

So, then I decided to put the summons right before the Boss fog and not long passes before I'm drawn into another person's world. I find that I'm in a group that wants to gank invaders. An invader invades and the host runs out to the corner of the precarious square walkway where I got barrel blasted before. He's looking off somewhere for the invader and I'm kinda worried since he's in a really dangerous place and I can't help out from where I am... when I see the invader approaching from the hosts left totally unseen. The invader uses the Golem axe's R2 move and blasts the host, the host barely keeps himself on the narrow walkway but overcompensates and falls to the grate side (further fall), the invader plunges after him, and I plunge off after the invader. I take a healthy chunk of health off him but he rounds on both of us and kills us easily.

Next attempt... We wave, and I attempt to point to where Iron Tarkus is but he's already entering the fight. I rush to enter and we rush the Golem. I have never been picked up more times by anything until this moment. I swear he picked me up and threw me to the ground about 10 times (5 in a row) before we even got this guy down to 70%. So, I die horribly and the guy I was "helping" messaged me that he got it down to 50% but wants to summon me again. I attempt to make it back to the boss fog after telling the dude "of course, brt" and my connection craps out. Blaaaaargh!!

Next 3 times I'm summoned we murderize the Gollem. One of the times another phantom got him to kneel and fall off the side so fast I barely landed many hits at all. I figure it's time to kill this Boss myself and I summon Tarkus but there are no other summons signs. I decide to wait just a little but I'm invaded. I attempt to get Tarkus to follow me up to the barrel tossing Giant's area but only get him 1/2 way up the stairs before Tarkus goes after the invader. Tarkus is doing awesome but somehow the invader gets a lucky BS off killing him and turns to run cuz he's way low on HP. He runs out of the fog room and I give chase. He turns left where the crossbow dude would be and falls down to walkway below... and dies. He sends me a message "lol" ... I send him back a lie "I'll never tell anyone =P" ... he replies "please, lol".

Other escapades were found at the Smough/Ornstein fight but I'm losing the computer that allows me access to here in a few minutes... so another time. I apologize for the wall o' text.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:52 pm

Haha, great stories.

I also had one of those meet your invader ones, in Anor Londo. Guy invades my host, I kill him near the Solaire bonfire. Since we're there already, the host starts hunting for another summon. After a few tries, he ends up summoning the darkwraith! It was pretty funny, the guy and I hugged it out with the "well what is it" gesture and then proceeded to have a really good run on the boss. He was a better co-oper than an invader and I told him so afterwards, heh.
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:25 am

LOL, I have similar stories. One of my greatest moments of fail: I got summoned to kill Seath, but then the phone started ringing and I had to answer, so when I entered the Crystal Cave I walked off the edge because I couldn't see properly from where I was sitting Look Skyward

I've had some memorable moments though. Once a summoner gave me a lot of treasure. I'll never forget that.

edgie_za
    edgie_za
    Regular
    Regular

Post by edgie_za Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:03 am

FellipeMariano wrote:That was this time when I was farming souls from the two NPCs in the Dark Anor Londo... I acidentally entered Anor Londo as human and just after defeating the NPCs I was invaded by a Darkmoon Blade. I immediatly ran for the upper part, near the Princess Chamber and took the elevator to the Chamber itself. The Invasor came just after me and I was able to damage him with my Grear Chaos Fireball (both the impact and the splash damage) and I thought I was gonna win... when suddenly another Darkmoon Blade invaded and engaged me in combat... I thought I was gonna lose to then, and ran to the stair in the entrance of the ornstein e smough room, and there I found one gold summon sign... man, that was the beatifullest thing I ever saw in life... From there, a golden spirit, wearing the Paladin Set (same as me) emerged with a spear and together we defeated the two invasor (one severely damaged by me in the begining).

That is sooo awesome!! Love the fact that you were cornered, and found a summon who was able to not only help you, but to turn the tables on the 2 Blades. That is why I love jolly co-op! it's a win-win...
    edgie_za
    edgie_za
    Regular
    Regular

Post by edgie_za Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:06 am

xSomax wrote:lol. not bad. i did something just as stupid, thought it wasn't during co-op. my controller freaked out and sent me off the edge of the bridge leading to the burgs bonfire. i lost 19 humanity and 20000 souls

At least i don't feel so bad about me loosing my 12 humanity and 12000 souls recently... that hurt!
    edgie_za
    edgie_za
    Regular
    Regular

Post by edgie_za Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:15 am

WandererReece wrote:This is a bit off topic. Once I got hatemail from someone I was helping. He said I was too good, or something moronic like that, and kicked me out. Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 2 3596227959

I was not BB glitching. Also, I'm just starting to learn how to roll and parry, so I usually get owned by red phantoms.

I replied," if you don't want help, then don't summon someone". Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 2 2707236321

Aggree, why bother summoning someone in the first place. :evil:

That is the one aspect i love about Dark Souls. It is a nasty as hell game, specailly to newbies like me, but the fact that you can summon someone to help u (specially with them nasty bosses) is such a cool aspect fo the game. Even on my 4th/5th charater build, i stil summon because i love the co-op aspect of the game.

It's when I get invaded that i p*$$ myself :affraid:
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:30 am

I have a glass cannon Int build. It has, like 14 Vit and 12 End or so (SL 60). The rest is dedicated to Att and Int, also has PW. I get summoned at New Londo and right away, I get a PM. It says NG++++. So, any hit on me is a OHK.

We tried a few times, and the host kept getting killed (OK, I got killed a couple times). So, we came up with a deal. The host would summon me and another phantom. He would stay in the background and spam the Channeler Trident's attack boost move. So, here I am with PW, TCC, 44 Int, spamming CSS and CHSM with that extra power boost.

Needless to say, it worked.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:29 am

Nice reim, at least the host told you. I usually find out it's NG++++ the hard way. Had a funny one like that recently, it was well past NG+ in Anor Londo (the painting guardians took like 6-7 hits and gave something like 800 souls), and the host was terrible! Complete noob, he had no idea where he wanted to go, where the mobs were, what their attack patterns were, or anything. I'm talking not understanding how to turn the rotating stairs, that you need to open the cathedral doors from inside, etc. I ended up PMing him to ask how the heck he got into new playthroughs without knowing any of that and he didn't respond. But all I can think of is maybe someone was playing a joke on their brother or something. "Hey, come try this Dark Souls game, it's cool, you can use my built up character" -- and not telling them it's like NG+++++.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:40 am

Not really a story, but the most scary thing as a phantom is the painted world sewers. It's so hard to keep the host alive if he doesn't know what's going on and just aggros all the bonewheel skeletons.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:34 pm

This isn't really a co-op story, but damn it i really just wanted to share it(i'll add a co-op story as to compensate to this later).

So i had reached Gwyn for the first time, and i decided i'd kill all NPC's for their items, so when i killed Andre...

He decided he'd go about humping the floor for about 1h 30m. Got about 5m of it on my phone as well. I laughed so damn much, god. It may not sound as fun right now, but believe me, watching it was just too much. Too much.

As for co-op, i was summoned once to this guys world, and when i was summoned, there were prism stones all around where i had been summoned, and the host and another summon were dancin' around me naked. All of a sudden there's this guy invading, first thing he does is try to bs the host, but instead he ends up being chain bs by the host and summon while they're wearing nothin'. No armor, no weapons, nothing. And they keep backstabbing him until he falls off a cliff. Now, i can't say i like chain bs, but damn it, it was hilarious to watch. Prostration
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:47 pm

Here is an invader's stories:

I invade New Londo ruins, as protector of great Darkwraith Kaathe! I get a message: "You're being summoned as a white phantom..." Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 2 2707236321. So I randomly appear in a host's world (the host confirmed I just suddenly appeared) and put aside my bloodlust to assist the man in defeating the 4 kings (of course, so he may join Kaathe). So yeah, I invade someone as a white phantom...

Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 2 1447589260 I'm going to help you whether you like it or not!
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:10 pm

befowler wrote: "Hey, come try this Dark Souls game, it's cool, you can use my built up character" -- and not telling them it's like NG+++++.
    So cruel it's funny. Makes me want to try it.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:30 pm

Seignar wrote:Here is an invader's stories:

I invade New Londo ruins, as protector of great Darkwraith Kaathe! I get a message: "You're being summoned as a white phantom..." Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 2 2707236321. So I randomly appear in a host's world (the host confirmed I just suddenly appeared) and put aside my bloodlust to assist the man in defeating the 4 kings (of course, so he may join Kaathe). So yeah, I invade someone as a white phantom...

Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 2 1447589260 I'm going to help you whether you like it or not!

I should have done this to that moron that kicked me out of his game! lol!

(See previous post)
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:32 pm

Just helped Redhawk17torch as he requested help in getting the Sanctuary Guardians tail on NG+. Shot the tail off of him with the Dragonslayer Greatbow and damn, did i feel awesome or what? 8)
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:26 am

Coolest thing I've done in recent memory is when I was putting my sign down for the Artorias fight with my Ornstein build. The host summons me and a smough build. We jumped around and danced for 5 minutes before starting the fight with Artorias.

Before the host entered the fog he sent us a message saying 3 estus so I knew not to rely on the host for healing. We go in there and me and smough decide to do a tag team thing. He went in for a hit then I go in for a hit. Smough mistimed one of his hits and got sliced to pieces. Being Ornstein I naturally rush up to Artorias to avenge smough and deal massive damage with my spear and get him down to one hit left as he cuts me in two. As I'm fading away I see the host pull out a bow and headshot Artorias.

That was one of the funnest boss fights I've ever done lol
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:31 am

You should be happy Smough died before you, or you might not have enjoyed the last few seconds. Shrug
    Boogerwood
    Boogerwood
    Casual
    Casual

Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 2 Empty Wanted: Mercenary to help pacifist

Post by Boogerwood Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:41 am

I'm a Sunbro for life. I just love the concept and so play that way practically every playthrough even when I plan otherwise. So I leave my sign down and get summoned by all types. But this one was actually my first, and I've been playing since console launch and have it on PC too. I put down my summon outside Undead Parish while farming for a BSS when a guy dressed like- I'm sorry- a little pansy summons me. I'm thinking "sorcerer." He hasn't even touched the area yet. So I dispense with the 3 guys in the courtyard, and I'm thinking, did he do anything? Suddenly he drops something. I pick it up: a titanite shard. Thanks! We go into the church and there's the Tower Knight. I lure him back into the courtyard and dispatch him as well. Still no help, but what's this? Another titanite shard. Um… thanks. We go up, kill the channeler, clear the room, talk to Lautrec, and go to the fog gate where he summons Solaire. While Solaire is being summoned, down drops another item: a titanite chunk! Well, thanks indeed! Then a message pops up on my screen: "I'm playing as a pacifist and this is payment in advance for clearing the boss." At this I was rolling.

A pacifist playing Dark Souls? Are you kidding me? He says it's been tough (yeah I bet!), but he was determined. Apparently the only boss you HAVE to kill is the Stray Demon in the Undead Asylum. For everything else you can summon. I'm not sure you're truly a pacifist when you hire all your killings, but I have to say I totally applaud this dude's effort! I'm sure we've all heard about the concept (which has a big reward in Dishonored if you do it), but I've yet to meet someone with the nerve to do it in Dark Souls. Bravo and thanks for the titanite!

\ \ [T] / /

Praise the Sun!
    king leonidas
    king leonidas
    Casual
    Casual

Post by king leonidas Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:53 am

well here is a sad one i was invaded in anor londo when the game came out and the ******* was in where my blacksmith was i went to att him i knew better he moved i hit the blacksmith now mind you i was pretty high cause the game just came out and had to stat all over sad
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:08 am

Boogerwood wrote:I'm a Sunbro for life. I just love the concept and so play that way practically every playthrough even when I plan otherwise. So I leave my sign down and get summoned by all types. But this one was actually my first, and I've been playing since console launch and have it on PC too. I put down my summon outside Undead Parish while farming for a BSS when a guy dressed like- I'm sorry- a little pansy summons me. I'm thinking "sorcerer." He hasn't even touched the area yet. So I dispense with the 3 guys in the courtyard, and I'm thinking, did he do anything? Suddenly he drops something. I pick it up: a titanite shard. Thanks! We go into the church and there's the Tower Knight. I lure him back into the courtyard and dispatch him as well. Still no help, but what's this? Another titanite shard. Um… thanks. We go up, kill the channeler, clear the room, talk to Lautrec, and go to the fog gate where he summons Solaire. While Solaire is being summoned, down drops another item: a titanite chunk! Well, thanks indeed! Then a message pops up on my screen: "I'm playing as a pacifist and this is payment in advance for clearing the boss." At this I was rolling.

A pacifist playing Dark Souls? Are you kidding me? He says it's been tough (yeah I bet!), but he was determined. Apparently the only boss you HAVE to kill is the Stray Demon in the Undead Asylum. For everything else you can summon. I'm not sure you're truly a pacifist when you hire all your killings, but I have to say I totally applaud this dude's effort! I'm sure we've all heard about the concept (which has a big reward in Dishonored if you do it), but I've yet to meet someone with the nerve to do it in Dark Souls. Bravo and thanks for the titanite!

\ \ [T] / /

Praise the Sun!
    Gotta try this. :|

Too bad i'm running out of character slots.
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:10 am

I got two stories. The first actually occured in DeS.

1) I was on my way to take on Penetrator for Ng++ and summoned some random person. We're doing pretty well and make it to the last little group which is the red eyed knights. All of a sudden someone invades and appears behind the knight. He wipes out the knights and then continues on to annhilate my companion. Try as I might I couldn't stop him from doing it. After he finishes off my summon he puts away his weapon and says he wants to a bare fisted brawl... Most awkward challenege I ever had but I obliged, and neither of us are getting the advantage. we are both parrying each other, rolling away, getting backstabs and healing to the best that we can. This fights goes on for atleast 30minutes before I finally get the finishing strike on him. He messages me wishing it had gone on longer, and I admited it was the most fun I had when it came to being invaded.

2) I was wearing Hawkeye Gough's armor and Bow and dropped my summon stone for anyone that wanted to face Kalameet. After about 10 minutes I get a summon. To my suprise I was summoned by a Ciaran and she had already summoned someone wearing the complete set of Artorias (sword, shield, and armor.) Needless to say we just all stood there for a bit before finally moving on to face Kalameet. I gotta say it was just awesome seeming watching us fight kalameet. I even shot off Kalameet's tail. That is one of my personal favorite occurence in co-op.

Last edited by TheAshenPhantom on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stating what play through I was in for DeS)
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:39 am

Boogerwood wrote:Then a message pops up on my screen: "I'm playing as a pacifist and this is payment in advance for clearing the boss."
    lol! I think we all laughed our heads off because of this. lol!

theashenphantom wrote:The first actually occured in DeS

This reminded me of when I got summoned in Demon's Souls, which is a very, very rare occurance for me. It was for the Adjudiator, a morbidly obease guy made of bulbber. We took the long way to him.

When we get to the gold skeletons I cast warding. I take out the first one, then I take out the other two before the spell wears off, and this was all by myself.

Then we fight the boss. I'm meleing him. The host is casting soul arrow or soul ray. The host is hitting the body and not the bird, so he is doing no damage. However, I get the Adjudiator to fall down on his face so I can beat the crap out of the bird. I do this two more times and the boss dies.

There is a multiplayer ranking system in Demon's Souls. Each player gives the other a rating. The rating is the same as weapon ratings. The host gave me a D. Who took out the gold skeletons and boss all by hisself ? Me!

Now I know why this rankning system was not put in Dark Souls.

Also, I gave the host an A, but then regreated it when I saw what he gave me. He did well against the other enemies.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:25 pm

Was invading as a DM SL 200 just now. All of a sudden i'm summoned as a phantom to a SL 100s world.

So i guess you can co-op with any SL through the invasion bug. big grin
    Boogerwood
    Boogerwood
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Boogerwood Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:27 pm

TheAshenPhantom wrote:I got two stories. The first actually occured in DeS.

1) I was on my way to take on Penetrator for Ng++ and summoned some random person. We're doing pretty well and make it to the last little group which is the red eyed knights. All of a sudden someone invades and appears behind the knight. He wipes out the knights and then continues on to annhilate my companion. Try as I might I couldn't stop him from doing it. After he finishes off my summon he puts away his weapon and says he wants to a bare fisted brawl... Most awkward challenege I ever had but I obliged, and neither of us are getting the advantage. we are both parrying each other, rolling away, getting backstabs and healing to the best that we can. This fights goes on for atleast 30minutes before I finally get the finishing strike on him. He messages me wishing it had gone on longer, and I admited it was the most fun I had when it came to being invaded.

2) I was wearing Hawkeye Gough's armor and Bow and dropped my summon stone for anyone that wanted to face Kalameet. After about 10 minutes I get a summon. To my suprise I was summoned by a Ciaran and she had already summoned someone wearing the complete set of Artorias (sword, shield, and armor.) Needless to say we just all stood there for a bit before finally moving on to face Kalameet. I gotta say it was just awesome seeming watching us fight kalameet. I even shot off Kalameet's tail. That is one of my personal favorite occurence in co-op.

Okay, I have to admit the second one is freaking cool.
    Corporal Maxey
    Corporal Maxey

Post by Corporal Maxey Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:28 pm

Last week I was in Anor Londo like always (I'm a Sunbro for life and that's one of my favorite areas). I get summoned along with another phantom. The host asks me if I have Artorias's armor and he asks for the chest piece. I figured "Yea I spent 20,000 souls on this and upgraded it all the way but I don't even use it so it's not a big deal." So I give it to him, he thanks me, and we go on our way.

We make our way through the level like every other time. Sure enough, we get invaded (we're on the roof when it happens so we decide to just wait for the invader). It's a Spirit of Vengeance so I wasn't going to be aggressive. A few minutes go by and the other summon sends me a message that basically says that the host wants me to 1v1 the invader. I'm thinking: "Crap, I'm garbage at PvP." So the invader finally gets up there. He bows and I Praise the Sun. Neither of us can land a backstab because we're being really careful. I decide to two-hand my +15 longsword and try hitting him. He lands a hit and I poise through it; giving me enough time to hit him. I spam the attack button and find out that he has no poise for this. I stun-lock him to death and use the gesture you get from Patches. I feel like a total badass because I didn't get killed by an invader for once.

The rest of the level and boss fight go smoothly. That was one of the more memorable times for me. Props to the invader being a good sport and not just going straight for the host.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:35 pm

xSomax wrote:...we spent a while killing smough, but it wasn't very difficult (well for him, it was for me because i have no ranged attacks, so i used throwing knives) after i'd run out of ranged, we used hit and run tactics and eventually got him down. Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 2 558843162

you are not serious, or? Throwing Knifes on big ornstein is like a mosquito bite for him - i wouldn't be able to fight him, cause rolling on the floor laughing, if i saw this...

So two Story from me (Sunbro by heart):

1. Gaping Dragon and complete Depth
    got summond at the bonfire behind the door. Shortcut was closed, magician alive - nothing was done. so i took him on a guided tour with everything (Spider Shield, kill magician, down to get the ring of evil eye and the NPC Kirk Invasion, open up shortcut). Then the Boss with Solaire - Tailcutoff within the first 5 minutes and then killing him safely.
    Directly after the Match the host wants to be my friend in GFWL - no prob glad to help

2. Anor Londo last Bonfire before Boss
    First jump from round stairway and open up the door, killing a noob invador with firesurge (he went back into a dead end to make miracle heal - lol), make the round with the siegmeyer storyline and then go to O&S with Solaire.
    Killing Smough pretty fast with QFS+5 and 10 Humanity (cruel Weapon in Anor Londo) two handed.
    Got around 1/3 of the health from big Ornstein with one Chaos Storm and right after went in with QFS+5 two handed an finished him off with one combo - big Ornstein was faster down than Smough before.
    That was the next friend request on GFWL

Well i am a Sunbro by heart - when i got enough of them (looting spots available) i drop one humanity directly after bowing - with the message: "Just stay back and watch - if something goes terribly wrong use this to summon me again."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:13 am