Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+46
Dibsville
twigsterxd
Virulas
Tchuwib
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Hyena
psychichobo
Bloodpact91
PlasticandRage
defacto
Djem
User1
Guntles_5
Gazman0169
StarScarJenova
Odinbear
Icegodzilla
DMC
Conrack
Onion Knight
moaiguy42
BIG TIME MASTER
CaligoIllioneus
Walter_White
Corporal Maxey
TheAshenPhantom
king leonidas
Boogerwood
BoilerFan8472
Seignar
FinPeku
reim0027
edgie_za
Tomhet
Everynevers
WandererReece
GTP_Zodicus
T-King-667
bmurn
Mr. Tart
callipygias
FellipeMariano
Peaceful Wollyhop
philtitan
befowler
xSomax
50 posters

Tales of Jolly co-operation!

Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tales of Jolly co-operation!

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:06 pm

I made a post in the pvp tales mere seconds ago, about an experience me and Bloodpact91 had just now. I feel that the post belongs in both topics and will as such quote myself here. The text that is related to co-op will be marked in bold:

Mr. Tart wrote:So me and Bloodpact91 were doing some pvp in the forest separately after having done lots of co-op. As i ''farm'' pvp in the forest a hacker invades. The hacker had the health hack, speed hack, stun hack and possibly something else. I try to kick him off the cliff, but he rolls away from it everytime, just messing with me. Almost killing me, leaving me with such a small amount of health that i could hardly see it on the bar. I eventually decided to run for the boss as he decided to finish me off, so i backed off with my shield up. Another invader who's not a hacker invades, he had teamworked with the hacker earlier, but i got him before. As he invades, the hacker turns around showing some interest in him. I take advantage of this and run for my life to Sif, activating the boss shortly after waving them off. After that i use a homeward bone and return to the bonfire.

I tell Bloodpact91 about it, and then summon him for some regular pvp farming. Well guess what? The very same hacker invades again. This time around, seemingly wanting to kill Blood, so i backstab him in an attempt to save Blood. He turns around for me, and so Blood decides to distract him as i run for the boss once again. Blood then comes after me as we head there, when suddenly i get backstabbed. Blood comes back for me and saves my arse right on time, by backstabbing the invader. I run for the fog and go through it, finally ending the torment.
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:12 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:I made a post in the pvp tales mere seconds ago, about an experience me and Bloodpact91 had just now. I feel that the post belongs in both topics and will as such quote myself here. The text that is related to co-op will be marked in bold:

Mr. Tart wrote:So me and Bloodpact91 were doing some pvp in the forest separately after having done lots of co-op. As i ''farm'' pvp in the forest a hacker invades. The hacker had the health hack, speed hack, stun hack and possibly something else. I try to kick him off the cliff, but he rolls away from it everytime, just messing with me. Almost killing me, leaving me with such a small amount of health that i could hardly see it on the bar. I eventually decided to run for the boss as he decided to finish me off, so i backed off with my shield up. Another invader who's not a hacker invades, he had teamworked with the hacker earlier, but i got him before. As he invades, the hacker turns around showing some interest in him. I take advantage of this and run for my life to Sif, activating the boss shortly after waving them off. After that i use a homeward bone and return to the bonfire.

I tell Bloodpact91 about it, and then summon him for some regular pvp farming. Well guess what? The very same hacker invades again. This time around, seemingly wanting to kill Blood, so i backstab him in an attempt to save Blood. He turns around for me, and so Blood decides to distract him as i run for the boss once again. Blood then comes after me as we head there, when suddenly i get backstabbed. Blood comes back for me and saves my arse right on time, by backstabbing the invader. I run for the fog and go through it, finally ending the torment.

Yep , i'm a Hero 8)

Just kidding that guy was a pain , his health bar had no health when he invaded and we couldnt damage him so i figured backstabbing him repeatedly was the only way he wouldn't speed hack his way to Mr.Tart... Hopefully we never meet him again.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:25 pm

I had a really awkward one in anor recently. 3 of us chugging along when we get invaded by a HR + fog ring rapier guy, typical type. While I'm facing away from the group dealing with a couple of silver knights, he runs in and OHKO's the other phantom, which I only learn when I see the death msg pop up. But for some reason I get the names confused and think it's the host dying, so when the DW starts circling around me for a backstab I just stand there thinking "whatever, I'm going to disappear in a second anyway." He's circling, circling, circling, then BS's me and my camera pans to show the host standing there like WTF buddy! Doh! But the funniest part was that I somehow survive the BS with a tiny fraction of health, so low that the DW thinks I am dead and turns to the host -- allowing me to run up and BS him right back with a 2hd great club. Afterwards the host starts dancing around like it was all some nefarious plan I had. Yeah... I meant to do that!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:37 pm

^ I've done stuff like that before. I was PvPing once and I BS punished a guy and thought he was dead, so I bowed as he went down, but he had something like 4 HP left, and got up and BSed me back before my animation was over. Felt pretty dumb there. I'm a premature gesturer
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:31 pm

I completely SUCK at PVP. Now, I summoned a guy to help me defeat Sif (well, mostly as I like being summoned and want to spread the summon-love) shortly after I got invaded in the forest - didn't see the invader though.

Fellow sunbro turns up, fairly tough looking guy with clearly optimised gear. We murder a few forest covenant npcs and make our way to Sif.

I get to the gate first, and turn around to see a blue phantom run up and backstab the sunbro, before doing a little joy dance. The sunbro gets up with half his health left, faces the guy, slaps him with his shield and OHKO's him with a big-*** lightning sword. He then turns, shrugs, and we carry on to the boss gate.

I've never seen an Invader so royally humiliated in all my life. Felt good after all the backstabbers I've had invade me.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:10 pm

This was posted in the PvP tales, but it's also co-op related.

WandererReece wrote:I was in Sen's Fortress. I had two phantoms summoned. Then an invader invaded.

He started casting Chaos Storm right in front of us, even though we were kinda close to him. Both of my summons were a little closer then I was, so I waited for one of them to do the backstab.

None of my summons moved. They didn't try to backstab or retreat. They just stood there and stared at him!

I thought, "Idiots!", and ran to the invader. When I was directly behind him he casted Chaos Storm. One of my phantoms died instantly. Then I backstabed the invader, and he fell to his death.

After I killed him I Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 5 2707236321to my remaining summon.
    After that I got another, diffrent summon, but kept the one that was still alive because he's pretty good. We went through the level. We made it almost to the roof when they were taken out by the traps. I continued on and summoned them after unlocking the elevators, but we got owned by the Iron Golem. I'll try again soon.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:17 pm

A guy just asked for my help on BoC. Now, i usually do good on this boss, but this time around... i died within 2 seconds of entering.

Both sides were down so i went straight for the middle. Everything went well and BoC was busy using those orange/yellow claws of hers, so i decided to just run. No problem. Everything goes smooth, and i have just made it. happy

As i'm falling at the branch leading to the core of BoC, i see those "hands" of hers sweeping back and forth, and all of a sudden i'm back on the floor. I get stunned and knocked down, forcing my character to do the stand up animation. As he does so, i notice that i'm getting closer to the edge... Closer... Closer... Closer...

You Have Died.
    Hyena
    Hyena

Post by Hyena Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:16 am

My tale of Jolly Cooperation is reversed.
    I invaded in the forest. The guy I invaded tried to summon a Sunbro to gank me.
    When the Sunbro appeared, he saw me, shrugged, Praised the Sun, and BSC'd out. I then murdered the host.

Proud of that Sunbro for not ganking. Way to be honorable.

Most of my guys are Sunbros anyway
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:01 am

^What an enjoyable and - rare - experience, Hyena.
    Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:13 pm

My jolly co-operative go in two series:

1) series is with my BF in real life. We both loved DeS and we co-oped DaS and completed the platinium trophy in the first 2 week or so together even with the hard joining system and all the other glitch that made the game hard like WoP and crystal sheild invader. Here some of the moment I remember together.

-We were at the carpa demon door on NG+, both swinging BKBA at the swarm of ennemies. Invader pop up from the ground in the middle of the fight. He didn't survive XD.

-Trying the new DLC, being both very tip toe and watching where we go. Run in the room for the elevator shortcut for Artorias in royal wood. We both fall down the elevator shaft. Double Facepalm

-In the same run a while back later, warn him on skype "we have to be very carefull not to fall out of no where again. Just as I was trying to get that peice of Sanctuary guardian that you have to jump the hole to reach. Fell down and die. More facepalm

-Going back to get my soul and jump this time. Fallowed by my friend to practice the jump to there. We get invaded, decided to wait there to have some fun, since he blocked the jump section with is sheild raised and I got up on the side hill to shot the invader. Be before that I tease him with some praise the sun. He just stay there, not giving a F....he use force, making me slip in the hole of my previews demise. My forehead is red from facepalm.

2) Second series is on my usualle day. I made a lv 15 sunbro with gwyn crown and just help starter at Burg to kill DK, havel and griefer that find it funny to invade low level with no equipement. I'm a defender and protecter of the little people. I literally have about 500 assist on that character silly. Would be nice to have an actually number like the other convenant.

-The weirdest glitch invite that happen to me. Get summon, do my routine and we kill taurus...the end. But after I replaced my sign, got summon not long after by same guy. K, might be an other low level character he want help with. Don't see him around, run and all the ennemies are dead? Keep going and while going keep getting soul out of no where. Reach the Taurus door and no fog...keep going and it pass all the way down where I hit a fog at the bridge. I am WTF, get expelled by the summoner...never knowing what happen.

-It's not so often that I get a host that get invaded, but usually just kill them quick and fast with my giant blacksmith hammer. So when I wait for an other invite, I start burning them hate mail about their invasion. One guy, start blasting back and forth. We keep chatting and wouldn't you know it , we start becoming friend and talk how the girl around my region are hot. Once every life time silly

-Kill a very buff equip greifer and burn him later. He start saying that if we would have fought 1v1 without my element of surprise attack he would have beat me. Good thing I kept Taurus alive just for those sort of occasion. Revive and wait for him to invaded me. Luck on my side and he does. We go all out on the bridge 2handing baching. I won, with about 1% left on my bar. He got serve XD. But I did give him a mail saying he almost had me.

-My usualle coop in low level Burg go like this. Get summon because of my gear appearance. Bow and run smashing everything in my path, killing DK in 1 shot 2h smash attack. If host have master key, go down to Havel, dodge the first hit, BS him, 2h my hammer and 2 hit him to finish him off. During Taurus, go right to him and 3 hit kill him with 2 hand. If host ask, I usually give starting gear and upgrading stone. Most praise me and sometime I make new friend.

-Casualle funny during Burg Jolly co-op, is running with ghost of people that other host invited with me previewsly. Usually give a hand sign and go on the routine, they pretty much lay back knowing I'm gonna ravage the stage.

Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 5 639795459always Praise the sun Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 5 4205493335

Edit:
    New one today. I don't usually do much co-op in anor londo because I find it to long, but lately I've worked on a good solaire cosplay at lv 50 with faith built. So decide to go there to maximize coop. Did a few and got pretty fun after a while and starting to love it. Last summon of the day, do the run, reach solaire bonfire. The host wasn't really gear up that much and he still go and attack solaire. I'm mad and thorn between helping the host and my bromance with solaire. Decide to go fetch a Silver knight and bring him in the room with me. XD Nobody touch my bro!
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:23 am

good to see my legacy lives on in these threads. all you guys needed was a kickstart and you started sharing stories left and right, well after i'd stopped posting. makes me proud honestly.

anywho, i was summoned in the undead church, you know kill the big dude, run to the ladders. well, an invader appeared, and just stood near the stairs. we stared eachother down for a little while, till we were totally sure neither of us would attack, and he started dropping stones. then him and the host started backstabbing eachother with darkhands, so i equipped on and joined in. halfway through the invader did the trident dance, and we just jacked around a little. eventually me and the host just went on our jolly way to smear the gargoyles into a fine dust. there are a lot of cool people, if you don't just run at em like berserkers.
    Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:01 am

Today was a good day for jolly co-operative. I was doing regular sunbro here and there and I was down in Sen for relaxing last part of the night. I got summon, multiple time by the same guy, let's call him Deadguy. He kept dying on trap and ennemie he would face alone. After a while he ran out of humanity for dying so much but he sent me a friend request saying "I'm the guy who kept dying but thank for still trying to help me".

So jolly as I was, starting messaging him, letting him know I could help more if he wanted (he was obvouisly not familiar with DS). So after a while figure out he's retrying the game, it's is second character because he was never able to reach pass anor londo. Heck, he was even at lv42 in Sen (to my opinion that a lot XD ). I ask for is stat and what kind of play style he want. I make him a build and gear him up. heck, I even got him queelag fury +5 and a holy weapon to go do catacomb easy. he was pretty happy with all that.

We are now reaching Anor londo pretty easy. Show him around all the level to grab every item and giving him hints about the game. Like how right of kindle work and stuff like that.

So yeah, it's my first time helping a 16 year old at getting better at this game. We should be able to complete the game during the week. I hope I've helped him regain some faith in the game and see it in a different angle

big grin
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:13 am

Hyena wrote:Most of my guys are Sunbros anyway

In my experience sunbros are more likely to gank invaders. They are also more likely to not help the host fight computer enemies.

From made a big mistake by lowering the starting faith requirement from 50 to 25.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:29 pm

I've only had good experiences with Sunbros, usually cos anyone who's not one has often invested in another covenant and could easily be a griefer.
    Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:07 am

Today was weird during my jolly co-operative. I was doing Sen fortress with my dex build. The run went well, even killed a dark wraith along the way and lost partner ghost with Sen trap. But we reached the Iron golem. Here where it get weird. I've seen my share of stuff with him.
    - Him dying right after the host enter the fog gate
    -Shooting him to death after the host had enter the fog without me after falling a long way down
    -The usual drop down when hit on the ankle
    ...But this time, it was pay back for him. As soon as the fight started, I did my usualle buff of power within and ran 2H toward him facing is back now since the host was on the other end of the bridge. Right as I was about to start hitting him, he did some weird glitch leg move that sended me literally flying straight to the mountain side near the blocked door. It was a straight shot like if I was staggered for a second and moving along a path. Then when my body slammed against the rock facade it was like Will E. Coyote. I stayed in the air for a second then fell down sliding down the mountain to my death.

I still have no idea what actually happen other then what it looked like. He kick me off the battle feild XD.

Edit:

An additional story of Sen to put here. This morning I was helping someone that appeared to know half the game. He knew where to go mostly and all, but had all sort of mix and match armor to scream "I'm still learning". The reason I said that is this. We had reached the first boulder falling part and he was off killing the snake people near Seigy. Invasion go on, so I run to meet that DW as close as I can get to start my usual tactic. I get on the first bridge near the first arrow trap. Wait to see the DW pop around somewhere, take a while and then he pop up and I start shooting arrow. We do the usual who's gonna hit who from each side of the bridge. With his bloated wizard head from the DLC, that make a pretty good target and he doesn't seam to have upgraded bow as I have. I do 120+/- while he pick at me with about 10 or so damage. Then he switch window to try to flank my spot or something. As soon as he start shooting, he hit me and health drop plus stagger like it's almost Dragon slayer bow. Pop, I'm dead, camera going back to normal from zoom mode and I look around....the host. The [insert curse word] came from behind and stepped on the switch who had resets after so long. I usual don't get mad, but that thick me off for some reason. I've sent the invader a message saying "The host a [insert], please kill him a thousand time".
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:04 am

So, I'm at Solaire's Bonfire in Anor. I'm a base vitality/end mage in NG+. I get human and summon 2 phantoms. We go out, take the first Silver Knight, when suddenly, a Black Phantom Silver Knight comes out of nowhere!

I've been gravelorded in NG+ with my vitality only 531. Scared the hell out of me.

I'm still gravelorded though. . . .
    Virulas
    Virulas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Virulas Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:12 am

Was messing around in undead burg and parish, trying to get the faith requirement down on the sunbro covenant. Well when i get summoned to the world theres a DW there and hes standing right behind the channeler. Figured i was summoned to help get rid of the darkwraith and channeler. Well, i put on my +5 claymore, 2 hand it, and do the charging R1 attack at the channeler, hitting it and the DW at the same time. Killed the channeler (forget how much damage i did) and dropped the DW down to about half health. Me and him started going at it for about 5 or so mins (stupid ninja ring lol) with me barely winning. The thankful host dropped me a few shards and we procedded to go kill the gargoyles. Now im a sunbro happy
    Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:57 am

^^^ welcome to the brotherhood silly.

Little tail of sunbro here. I've been working on my Abyss Artorias build this week and I was grinding soul with Nito jolly at lv70 (pretty much the only good spot I found). So I'm in my full Artorias set up and get summon by someone cosplaying as Ciaran, gold tracer and sheild tho. It's not often I get invited by matching cosplay, but that was pretty fun. I already enjoyed playing the whole playthrew as Artorias and that was just cherry on the sunday. But then again, when I heard the host get hit and heard the manly grown, that busted my bubble XD.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:42 pm

Last night, I had a great session. I was summoned in the Township. I could tell by the health of the enemies that I was on NG+. We get down past the dungeon, and I notice the host really lagging behind me. I saw him using the Skull Lantern. I finally asked him (after we rescued Sif) if he's ever been to the Township. He replied never.

So, we backtrack, collecting the silver pendant and the key. We get to Manus and I send him a PM telling him strategies. This is a tough boss. HUGE lifebar. Can one-shot you in NG+. Be patient, 1 hit and roll. Silver Pendant when his catalyst glows. If you get low on life, back away. Keep me alive. Summon Sif. Those kind of things.

We get to Manus and he stays back the entire time and let's me solo Manus. I didn't expect him to do that. But, it did allow him to see some strategies. Otherwise, doing Manus on NG+ for the first time meeting Manus is enough to drive one insane. And, personally, if the host is going to die, I'd rather him back up, heal me, and let me be the meat shield and try to beat the boss.

Lots of fun.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:54 pm

2nd day playing game i went to summon a guy and got invaded. thought i had summoned a red tag instead of orange. got killed and messaged guy just to ask if i summoned by accident. he drops his red tag, says don't attack and he drops me a few hum and a lightning hand axe. loved it until blight town as i found it crap against dung guys. made me happy my very 1st playthrough happy
    Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:43 am

Little resume of my jolly co-operative I had during my farming in The Tomb of Giants:

1) I got a few host that should have made clear that they were already invaded. Because doing the normal run and getting BS or WoG out of the dark got me very paranoid after a while XD.

2) One time, I was in the Nito fight and he did his grab attack. But when he dropped me it was in the middle section with stalagmite. So I was now stuck to watch the rest of the fight in a prison. I've made sure to stay alive while I switched to a range weapon to shot at Nito while the host did the rest of the work.

3) During all those session, about maybe 50+/-, I've got invited by someone from the forum. Luvz2fight, I'll assume he use the same psn account as the forum. His first reaction was to mail me saying he saw my name in the forum. That what I call nice timing when you meet brethren from the forum for jolly co-op.

4) I've found out why they named the enemy "Pinwheel". At the door of the boss, during an invasion we kept running around the stage up and down with the host trying to catch the invader. It really felt like a giant pinwheel.

5) The final, but probably the best. It also include a scenarios like in 4). We had reached the spot of Leeroy and I was already running to kill gecko and put my Avarice helm for the soul when instead we got invaded by someone else. I switched to good gear and ran toward facing the invader. I must have miss her somehow but she was going after the host so when I came about I just ran to her and gave her a BS. That's when I notice she had Fog ring and couple with Hornet ring for sure (later on in the story). So I bowed since it was a bit cheap of me and I shouldn't be humiliating her death. We got back to leeroy spot and nothing came. I knew he was suppose to be there, the host had popped threw the White fog. Lucky enough, the host used dried finger and it trigger back Leeroy. But right after we went back on the road, we got re-invaded by the same invader as before. We just ran right to the pinwheel room and clear the area until she arrive. It was a very intense fight since she kept running around in the 4) fashion and the fog ring made her hard to track. She got a few BS in me and I was lucky to have 1,1k of Hp or I wouldn't have survive each one of them. A few roll away and heal up I would go back after her. It went on for a while, since it was cat and mouse all over. But I eventually got her by cutting off in different trail. Getting a few stunlock hit with a BS finish. That time I didn't bow since she took so long to kill.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon May 06, 2013 5:22 pm

Sometimes, co-oping as a glass cannon can be frustrating. First off, the host has to recognize that I'm purposely reducing my health, instead of healing me over and over when I purposely toss some dung.

Second, the host has to realize I can one shot almost everything, but can be one-shot myself. Therefore, I need to stand back and cast magic or projectiles. The host has to not rush in or distract the enemy while I'm casting/arching.

Some of those things should be self evident, right? No.

But, when it works . . . damn, just powerful. I can oneshot little O and probably little S. I can do 1,800 damage to Manus per shot. I can snipe enemies for 400-500 damage. I can one shot every humanity. And, the Avelyn on invaders? Pain.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon May 06, 2013 6:04 pm

My first summoning experience put into an original poem wrote by myself:

"When I first started, I was told to ring a bell
    I didn't know where to go, my fear came out of its shell
    when all of a sudden, I was hit by fire
    I didn't even know how but then I looked higher
    I saw my target, the enemy hollow
    and I went up to him, but I had to wallow
    in my very own blood, because when I turned around
    I saw another, who jumped straight off the ground
    I put up my shield, and blocked the blow
    But the firebomber began to take the show
    I was bombarded, I was finished, left for dead
    When all of a sudden, I saw it, a phantom who said
    "I've got your back, no need to fear
    There is no trouble, when I am here!"
    I got back up, and drank my Flask
    and so we kept going, until I learned my task
    the great Demon, who was looming above me
    Let out a snarl, as if to say "What of thee?"
    So I climbed the ladder, that was so near
    And I jumped off of it without any fear
    I dropped straight on the beasts head, and with a cry
    the beast dropped to the ground, and began to die
    I knew I had won, I knew I had defeated
    The one and the only, the great Tauros that I had just greeted
    When I turned around, I saw the phantom,
    He seemed to be exhausted, as if he had just sang an anthem
    but then he looked up, and said with a smile
    "Good bye, dear host, I'll see you in awhile!""
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Mon May 06, 2013 11:33 pm

I don't PVP, but I like to co-op.
    I hadn't done a lot of it, in fact I don't think I'd started putting down my summon sign myself at this point, but I was invaded in the forest and the guy kind of stopped and messaged me saying he was new, and we talked back and forth and exchanged some items and stuff. I was invaded by a second guy and we took care of him together and continued chatting until I gave him some items and he leapt off the cliff. I think that was my first kind of "eff yeah!" co-op moment and first time chatting with a rando, and especially so extensively. Oh yeah, and the guy kept kicking me away from the cliff and later said in a message that he was worried I was going to fall off while chatting -- just, like, really nice sentiment (not sure how I would have fallen though).

My next best one was putting down my summon sign for the Sanctuary Guardian and just practicing for solo battle. I ended up helping a sorcerer, like, 6 times in a row because he kept dying, and eventually just said, "k, you stay back and heal me while I tank." and we just won really quickly. But then summoning was slow and I was eventually summoned by another guy. We beat the Guardian first try and I kind of wanted to continue soloing, so I asked him if he would come back and help me beat the Guardian too. He did, and after that we ended up co-oping almost every part of the game together. It was just really great. I helped him get toward his platinum by giving him some items including a Soul of Gwyn. And took on Four Kings, which ended up being my first time beating Four Kings before even going to Sen's Fortress (since he helped me beat mine after I helped him). Great times.

Now one of my favourite things to do is leave my summon sign in the Painted World and show new players where every item is and chopping Priscilla's tail. They're always super appreciative and I get lots of friend requests happy

I love co-oping. I also feel way more confident in PVPing invaders since I have nothing to lose and get a "heck yeah!" rush as opposed to an "AAAAAAAHHHHH!" rush when I'm invaded in my own world.

EDIT: Oh, xSomax's reminded me of another!! I was putting down my sign in the undead burg with my SL1 character. Someone summoned me and was clearly waiting for another summon sign to appear. So I played around a bit. Parried her hits, did the double bow dance, and then I started dropping prism stones all over that area just outside of the bonfire room. About halfway through she started joining until we had both dropped 99. I think she had originally intended to just take on Taurus, but once the prism stones were down we, and a second phantom was summoned, we ended up just waiting around for invaders, which was fun. I assumed because she thought it would be wasteful to lose our pretty prism stone display. We only got, maybe 2-3 invaders in total, but we just ended up chilling and doing silly things like closing the door on each other in the wooden shield room, and equipping weird things, I double skull-lanterned, we both double-shielded the same shield (cadeceus kite shield?), weird helmets, etc. It was really fun. I couldn't believe I just sat there for, like, 1-2 hours doing this until 2 in the morning? it was just a chill co-op vibe happy
    Kax Ace xKa
    Kax Ace xKa

Post by Kax Ace xKa Tue May 07, 2013 11:27 pm

I got a great one. Creates new build. Summons two Sun Bros into Parish just to destroy Bell Tower Gargoyles. Backsteps off roof after fight begins.

I think the girl blocked me. Forever.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 pm