Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room..

    Share
    avatar
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 651
    Reputation : -23
    Join date : 2012-06-15
    Age : 104
    Location : The Abyss, tending to Kaathe.

    Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room..

    Post by Derpwraith on Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:49 am

    In case any of you haven't realized, Its the same place where you fight the hydra.


    _________________


                                                PSN: x_-Vizionary-_x

    avatar
    Casdman
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 129
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-02-07
    Location : Boston

    Re: Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room..

    Post by Casdman on Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:56 am

    InfiniteDoomsday wrote:In case any of you haven't realized, Its the same place where you fight the hydra.

    Ya, its cause you go back in time to the forest, so you'll notice that a lot of things are similar or the same
    avatar
    Wrenchfarm
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 19
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-08-28

    Re: Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room..

    Post by Wrenchfarm on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:07 am

    Hrrm, I've seen a lot of people say this and I don't really get it. More to the point, I've seen a lot of internet whining about "oh, Oolacil is just a reskin of Darkroot, stupid From Soft couldn't even make new area, blah blah blah" which I know isn't the intent of your post, but it has been bugging me.

    Clearly the area is reminiscent of Darkroot and shares some landscaping features, but it isn't a 1-for-1 remake of the area at all. The pit you fight Kalameet in is very much like a drained out Hydra area sure, but with a larger canyon leading into a drop off. Same with the rest of the area. There are nods to Darkroot (the bridge out of the Sactuary is similar to the one leading into Sif's room, the elevators are like the ONE ruined bridge-fort you can cross in Darkroot, ect) but it isn't the same.

    Personally I think it is cool. I've just been frustrated with the number of piffy "I'm not paying money to play a day-time version of an area" posts I've seen like that was all there was to Prepare to Die.
    avatar
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1435
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-04-09
    Location : Scotland

    Re: Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room..

    Post by Knight Alundil on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:27 am

    Wrenchfarm wrote:Hrrm, I've seen a lot of people say this and I don't really get it. More to the point, I've seen a lot of internet whining about "oh, Oolacil is just a reskin of Darkroot, stupid From Soft couldn't even make new area, blah blah blah" which I know isn't the intent of your post, but it has been bugging me.

    Clearly the area is reminiscent of Darkroot and shares some landscaping features, but it isn't a 1-for-1 remake of the area at all. The pit you fight Kalameet in is very much like a drained out Hydra area sure, but with a larger canyon leading into a drop off. Same with the rest of the area. There are nods to Darkroot (the bridge out of the Sactuary is similar to the one leading into Sif's room, the elevators are like the ONE ruined bridge-fort you can cross in Darkroot, ect) but it isn't the same.

    Personally I think it is cool. I've just been frustrated with the number of piffy "I'm not paying money to play a day-time version of an area" posts I've seen like that was all there was to Prepare to Die.

    Yeh it's like this is what it was before it was ravaged by time so alot of ledges and other structures are diff. I think its pretty cool.

    Also, the calamity ring and Dusk crown ring both drop from dragonoids in the same area.
    One has to do with halfing the other with doubling.

    Cowinkeedink? I think not.

    avatar
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 2021
    Reputation : 56
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Northern Ireland

    Re: Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room..

    Post by Wade_Wilson on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:22 pm

    Knight Alundil wrote:
    Wrenchfarm wrote:Hrrm, I've seen a lot of people say this and I don't really get it. More to the point, I've seen a lot of internet whining about "oh, Oolacil is just a reskin of Darkroot, stupid From Soft couldn't even make new area, blah blah blah" which I know isn't the intent of your post, but it has been bugging me.

    Clearly the area is reminiscent of Darkroot and shares some landscaping features, but it isn't a 1-for-1 remake of the area at all. The pit you fight Kalameet in is very much like a drained out Hydra area sure, but with a larger canyon leading into a drop off. Same with the rest of the area. There are nods to Darkroot (the bridge out of the Sactuary is similar to the one leading into Sif's room, the elevators are like the ONE ruined bridge-fort you can cross in Darkroot, ect) but it isn't the same.

    Personally I think it is cool. I've just been frustrated with the number of piffy "I'm not paying money to play a day-time version of an area" posts I've seen like that was all there was to Prepare to Die.

    Yeh it's like this is what it was before it was ravaged by time so alot of ledges and other structures are diff. I think its pretty cool.

    Also, the calamity ring and Dusk crown ring both drop from dragonoids in the same area.
    One has to do with halfing the other with doubling.

    Cowinkeedink? I think not.

    Try using both rings at once.



    _________________
    Golden rays of the glorious sunshine, sending down such a blood-red light
    Now the animals slowly retreat to the shadows, out of sight
    Arid winds blow across the mountains, giving flight to the birds of prey
    In the distance machines come to transform Eden, day by day
    Only love is with us now, something warm and pure!
    Find the peace within ourselves, no need for the cure!
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room..

    Post by ChizFreak on Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:13 pm

    Also just to let everyone know, once you beat him, if you come back, there will be a chest close to one of the waterfalls containing a titanite SLAB.


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1435
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-04-09
    Location : Scotland

    Re: Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room..

    Post by Knight Alundil on Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:16 pm

    ChizFreak wrote:Also just to let everyone know, once you beat him, if you come back, there will be a chest close to one of the waterfalls containing a titanite SLAB.

    Ohhh i didnt realize you had to like... save and reload etc. do get this to work. Just settled some arguements for me there winking


    Sponsored content

    Re: Black Dragon Kalameet Boss Room..

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:31 am