Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Divine Zwei, Greatsword, Uchi, or Flamberge?

Tegu
    Casual
    Casual

Divine Zwei, Greatsword, Uchi, or Flamberge? Empty Divine Zwei, Greatsword, Uchi, or Flamberge?

Post by Tegu Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:46 pm

I need a weapon for catacombs, which would suit me best? Or should I get GSOA for that
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Divine Zwei, Greatsword, Uchi, or Flamberge? Empty Re: Divine Zwei, Greatsword, Uchi, or Flamberge?

Post by Seignar Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:55 pm

Which would suit you best? I have no idea.

The skeletons in the catacombs are fast. You'll want to match that speed. Any quick weapon suffices, so go Uchigatana. A word on GSoA, however, is that it deals 40% extra damage to them, so you have a permanent power within if you use it.
    Tegu
    Casual
    Casual

Divine Zwei, Greatsword, Uchi, or Flamberge? Empty Re: Divine Zwei, Greatsword, Uchi, or Flamberge?

Post by Tegu Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Seignar wrote:Which would suit you best? I have no idea.

The skeletons in the catacombs are fast. You'll want to match that speed. Any quick weapon suffices, so go Uchigatana. A word on GSoA, however, is that it deals 40% extra damage to them, so you have a permanent power within if you use it.

That 40% applies to giant skeletons, baby skeletons, skeleton dogs, bonewheel, pinhead Larry, and Nito as well?
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:14 pm

Applies to anything undead. Includes Hollows, a partial bonus on Darkwraiths (20%) and I think just maybe on ghosts. Make a small note that divine weapons do not work on Nito's necromancy (he is too powerful for that apparently).

As a matter of fact, I can't quite answer in full because we -as far as I know- have not conducted any tests on what divine works or does not work on. We only conclude the bonus damage and the generalization it works on all manners of undead (we have no real listings)
    Tegu
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Tegu Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:15 pm

Seignar wrote:Applies to anything undead. Includes Hollows, a partial bonus on Darkwraiths (20%) and I think just maybe on ghosts. Make a small note that divine weapons do not work on Nito's necromancy (he is too powerful for that apparently).

As a matter of fact, I can't quite answer in full because we -as far as I know- have not conducted any tests on what divine works or does not work on. We only conclude the bonus damage and the generalization it works on all manners of undead (we have no real listings)

Honestly, I don't know the difference between undead and hallow in this game.
    bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bjmacman Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:35 am

I found a divine Claymore to be very good. A big strong sword but very fast action. A divine can kill 2 or 3 skellies in one go without needing to kill the Necromancer that controls them as it's divine.

The clay is only available after u kill the dragon on the bridge tho.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:51 am

bjmacman wrote:I found a divine Claymore to be very good. A big strong sword but very fast action. A divine can kill 2 or 3 skellies in one go without needing to kill the Necromancer that controls them as it's divine.

You don't need to kill the Wyvern, just need to make it past him so he flys away. It's pretty simple. I actually have never killed the monster before. Way to intimidating right now lol. The fire hurts lol

Anyways I always found a Divine Halberd to be my catacombs weapon. Also the skeletons with Nit ARE affected by the divine auxiliary and do not revive. Something that I didn't know on my first play through and I went through the entire catacombs with out divine; it was one of the most frustrating part of the game. Also it will make Nito soooooo much easier too. He really is a pushover.
    bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bjmacman Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:03 am

RedderAI wrote:
    bjmacman wrote:I found a divine Claymore to be very good. A big strong sword but very fast action. A divine can kill 2 or 3 skellies in one go without needing to kill the Necromancer that controls them as it's divine.

You don't need to kill the Wyvern, just need to make it past him so he flys away. It's pretty simple. I actually have never killed the monster before. Way to intimidating right now lol. The fire hurts lol

Yes ur right - u can get the Clay without killing the dragon, i just always liked to do it. it certainly is a challenge tho and i tried running past him/her a few times and got burnt, ouch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:09 pm