Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Share
    avatar
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 254
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-08-05

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by OrnsteinBro on Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:32 pm

    CaptanSpudsy wrote:I heard that you could roll through them and they'd crash into the ground. I have no clue if it works because my PC sucks.

    I tried, man, but I couldn't get the timing right. It's like those phantom great chaos fireball hits when you dodge on your screen but they've already hit you on their screen and so you get hit by some invisible attack and lose the hp anyway.

    Ghadis_God wrote:Dear God that sounds cheap. I would try to tank them with a high stability shield, unlocked and facing the pursuers rather than the caster. If I was a mage build I would do some CSS punishment while they were casting.

    It goes through shields, and I have a feeling it dead angles since it tracks sideways.

    I killed a guy through his Artorias shield with a combination of pursuers and dark bead (actually, he may have been using a cleansing greatshield, lol. I couldn't see because Dark Anor Londo was too shadowy). He pulled out his DSS and tried to turtle, the spell was like lolno and he went down in under 5 seconds.


    _________________
    Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
    avatar
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 335
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-06-07
    Age : 28

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by XuitusTheGreat on Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:49 pm

    wow o-o....does magic barrier work at all?


    _________________
    XBL: XuitustheGreat
    NeoWraith
    want a duel? PM me in game <3
    avatar
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 254
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-08-05

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by OrnsteinBro on Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:04 pm

    Actually, after looking at one of sansvie's vids, GMB does work- and very well at that. I suppose it's time to add that miracle to my arsenal.


    _________________
    Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
    avatar
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 286
    Reputation : 82
    Join date : 2012-03-06
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by roanispe on Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:10 pm

    The lagshot effect happens occasionally, and it is very nasty when it occurs. Something else to note is that viable does not imply overpowered. When Pursuers went through the wall for you, I am sure that was a laggy match, as I have seen first hand that it will crash into a wall, and detonate harmlessly. As well, the new dueling PvP arena does in fact feature pillars around the map that would greatly aid with dodging this spell. Not only that, it has an almost Fire Tempest casting time, so you can certainly pull out a bow in time to knock at least one arrow, if not land a running attack with current weapon.

    While it is true that this spell will be very powerful in flat places like the Burg, there are more places to PvP than just there. I personally expect a rise of people that will start going to the Butterfly Forest instead, but that depends on how well the arena itself takes off.

    Pursuers does not automatically go through shields, but it does do a fair bit of stamina damage.


    _________________
    Currently #6 in the SL51-100 Duels with a 75 Streak on Kagami_S00mika.
    If you would like a build, please send me a PM. I'll be glad to try to help make something to your specifications, and walk you through how to use it.
    Ever wonder why Pinwheel stole the power of Nito? How to use a Katana. DmC: Devil May Cry footage
    Chen is best 2hu:






    If my post was helpful, please click the little '+' next to it. My PSNid: roanispe, Kagami_S00mika
    avatar
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 335
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-06-07
    Age : 28

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by XuitusTheGreat on Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:16 pm

    roanispe wrote:The lagshot effect happens occasionally, and it is very nasty when it occurs. Something else to note is that viable does not imply overpowered. When Pursuers went through the wall for you, I am sure that was a laggy match, as I have seen first hand that it will crash into a wall, and detonate harmlessly. As well, the new dueling PvP arena does in fact feature pillars around the map that would greatly aid with dodging this spell. Not only that, it has an almost Fire Tempest casting time, so you can certainly pull out a bow in time to knock at least one arrow, if not land a running attack with current weapon.

    While it is true that this spell will be very powerful in flat places like the Burg, there are more places to PvP than just there. I personally expect a rise of people that will start going to the Butterfly Forest instead, but that depends on how well the arena itself takes off.

    Pursuers does not automatically go through shields, but it does do a fair bit of stamina damage.

    idk I rock max stamina and a GSoA so just curious of slowly backing up and taking the hit would be a safe way to deal with it cause lord knows the CSS is just like **** you and ur shield and hurts like a mother
    avatar
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 254
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-08-05

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by OrnsteinBro on Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:25 pm

    roanispe wrote:The lagshot effect happens occasionally, and it is very nasty when it occurs. Something else to note is that viable does not imply overpowered. When Pursuers went through the wall for you, I am sure that was a laggy match, as I have seen first hand that it will crash into a wall, and detonate harmlessly. As well, the new dueling PvP arena does in fact feature pillars around the map that would greatly aid with dodging this spell. Not only that, it has an almost Fire Tempest casting time, so you can certainly pull out a bow in time to knock at least one arrow, if not land a running attack with current weapon.

    While it is true that this spell will be very powerful in flat places like the Burg, there are more places to PvP than just there. I personally expect a rise of people that will start going to the Butterfly Forest instead, but that depends on how well the arena itself takes off.

    Pursuers does not automatically go through shields, but it does do a fair bit of stamina damage.

    No, i am certain it goes through shields. It hit me for the full damage when i was blocking with crest (although i suspect it may have dead angled me as it hit sideways). And i wiped 1250 hp off of the guy with the artorias greatshield with it while his shield was up (i finished him off with dark bead).

    Also yes, i've seen it hit pillars harmlessly a few times now after using it extensively, but if you chase the opponent around the pillar it will circle and hit them. Very little effort is required on your part and it puts tremendous pressure on them to evade since it does so much damage.


    _________________
    Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
    avatar
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 286
    Reputation : 82
    Join date : 2012-03-06
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by roanispe on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:55 pm

    OrnsteinBro wrote:No, i am certain it goes through shields. It hit me for the full damage when i was blocking with crest (although i suspect it may have dead angled me as it hit sideways). And i wiped 1250 hp off of the guy with the artorias greatshield with it while his shield was up (i finished him off with dark bead).

    I don't know what is going on it your game, but I just tested it again, and asked other people who play it as well, and it does not automatically go through shields. It does a lot of stamina damage, and remember hits after guard broken are counter hits. As well, once it fires it will take the shortest path to the target, independent of what you do. As well, rolling through it messes with its tracking. Blocking one or two Pursuers then rolling through it might seem impossible, but is not to hard once you get the timing down. However, you don't even need to do that trick once you get more confident, and just roll through it. What you are telling me is going against my own experience against the spell. It's powerful, yes, but it isn't the unbeatable juggernaut that you seem to be suggesting it is.


    _________________
    Currently #6 in the SL51-100 Duels with a 75 Streak on Kagami_S00mika.
    If you would like a build, please send me a PM. I'll be glad to try to help make something to your specifications, and walk you through how to use it.
    Ever wonder why Pinwheel stole the power of Nito? How to use a Katana. DmC: Devil May Cry footage
    Chen is best 2hu:






    If my post was helpful, please click the little '+' next to it. My PSNid: roanispe, Kagami_S00mika
    avatar
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1087
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-07-18

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by ICEFANG on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:56 pm

    It goes through my Greatshield of Artorias and my Tower Shield.


    _________________
    DRAGONBRO4LIFE

    See my youtube channel, with Dark Souls Prepare to Die (spoilers):
    www.youtube.com/user/RavenWolfStarcraft2
    See my livestream to watch me do it live (spoilers):
    http://www.twitch.tv/ravenwolfstarcraft2
    avatar
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3627
    Reputation : 144
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 23
    Location : World 4-2 Demon Souls

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:18 pm

    havels shield has a use once again!!!


    _________________
    ლ(ಠ_ಠლ) (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    avatar
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 286
    Reputation : 82
    Join date : 2012-03-06
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by roanispe on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:18 pm

    I've been using Crest Shield, and I'll get around to getting a highlight of it being blocked, and edit it in here. It still deals some magic damage, and you'll take some chip damage with any shield you use. If your shield has low magic resistance, you'll take more damage, correspondingly. I, once again, stress that it deals a lot of stamina damage, and if your guard gets broken, expect to take huge damage.


    _________________
    Currently #6 in the SL51-100 Duels with a 75 Streak on Kagami_S00mika.
    If you would like a build, please send me a PM. I'll be glad to try to help make something to your specifications, and walk you through how to use it.
    Ever wonder why Pinwheel stole the power of Nito? How to use a Katana. DmC: Devil May Cry footage
    Chen is best 2hu:






    If my post was helpful, please click the little '+' next to it. My PSNid: roanispe, Kagami_S00mika
    avatar
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 254
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-08-05

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by OrnsteinBro on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:40 pm

    roanispe wrote:
    OrnsteinBro wrote:No, i am certain it goes through shields. It hit me for the full damage when i was blocking with crest (although i suspect it may have dead angled me as it hit sideways). And i wiped 1250 hp off of the guy with the artorias greatshield with it while his shield was up (i finished him off with dark bead).

    I don't know what is going on it your game, but I just tested it again, and asked other people who play it as well, and it does not automatically go through shields. It does a lot of stamina damage, and remember hits after guard broken are counter hits. As well, once it fires it will take the shortest path to the target, independent of what you do. As well, rolling through it messes with its tracking. Blocking one or two Pursuers then rolling through it might seem impossible, but is not to hard once you get the timing down. However, you don't even need to do that trick once you get more confident, and just roll through it. What you are telling me is going against my own experience against the spell. It's powerful, yes, but it isn't the unbeatable juggernaut that you seem to be suggesting it is.

    No, it's not unbeatable. I'm not saying that it's unbeatable. I'm saying that I'm crappy at rolling through it, am looking for the timing for rolling through it, and that it goes through shields.

    It's certainly beatable if you stand there and spam silver pendant (the orbs fly into the sky and never come back down) or if you use GMB (which reduces the damage to a pitiful amount). There are probably a variety of other ways of getting around it; But shielding against it, from what I have seen, is a horrible idea and should never be attempted. It definitely wasn't chip damage either, unless you consider roughly half a lifebar (~750hp) done to me, and 1250 done to the Artorias shield guy to be chip damage- which is why I suspect that it dead angles.


    Last edited by OrnsteinBro on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:49 pm

    I'm glad int got some useful pvp spells, I was underwhelmed by sorcery for the most part.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 254
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-08-05

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by OrnsteinBro on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:58 pm

    Forum Pirate wrote:I'm glad int got some useful pvp spells, I was underwhelmed by sorcery for the most part.

    Yeah, I can already see the possibility of alternating the use of CHSM and Pursuers to keep your enemy on their toes. Since the roll timings are different, they'd have to concentrate on that (or eat the massive damage penalty from pursuers) and be more likely to make mistakes when attacking.


    _________________
    Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:06 pm

    Its an indirect buff (well, as I see it, one could argue otherwise)to faith as well, vos and gmb have more uses, as they have more and better spells to stop. (slb still throws a wrench in things though, and the timing to get them off will be iffy if its not done as the battle starts).

    I don't have experience with them unfortunately, but the cast time was compared to fire tempest and I can tell you that bows/crossbows are quite good at head shotting me out of a tempest cast. Hope that helps.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 254
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-08-05

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by OrnsteinBro on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:12 pm

    I dunno, it doesn't feel as slow as a tempest cast. Maybe I'm estimating the timing wrongly because the cast animation is so similar to CHSM's, but it seems faster than tempest.

    Needs more testing I guess. Shrug


    _________________
    Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by Serious_Much on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:19 pm

    i'm just gonna say, haven't looked at the content of the discussion, but i think anything with pc only content should go in that section, just saying to make sure the spoilers are confined and away from tempting me silly


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 254
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-08-05

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by OrnsteinBro on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:24 pm

    I don't know how to move the thread, man. Prostration


    _________________
    Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
    avatar
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2290
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2012-05-27

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by Ghadis_God on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:28 pm

    OrnsteinBro wrote:
    CaptanSpudsy wrote:I heard that you could roll through them and they'd crash into the ground. I have no clue if it works because my PC sucks.

    I tried, man, but I couldn't get the timing right. It's like those phantom great chaos fireball hits when you dodge on your screen but they've already hit you on their screen and so you get hit by some invisible attack and lose the hp anyway.

    Ghadis_God wrote:Dear God that sounds cheap. I would try to tank them with a high stability shield, unlocked and facing the pursuers rather than the caster. If I was a mage build I would do some CSS punishment while they were casting.

    It goes through shields, and I have a feeling it dead angles since it tracks sideways.

    I killed a guy through his Artorias shield with a combination of pursuers and dark bead (actually, he may have been using a cleansing greatshield, lol. I couldn't see because Dark Anor Londo was too shadowy). He pulled out his DSS and tried to turtle, the spell was like lolno and he went down in under 5 seconds.
    I was under the impression that the new dark magic did physical instead of magical damage, sorry.


    _________________
    7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

    PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    avatar
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 254
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-08-05

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by OrnsteinBro on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:41 pm

    Nah it's okay. They do magic damage though, as evinced by how GMB affects them. Misleading description lol.


    _________________
    Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
    avatar
    Parsify

    Posts : 6
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-09-08
    Age : 38
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by Parsify on Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:51 pm

    Fought some of these during my invasions. You can spam the silver pendant until the pursuers eventually die, but while you do this, you become vulnerable to other spells, of course.

    Other method I had some success was to keep the distance, wait until the pursuers are about to hit you, and then roll away. They explode without any damage done. But I cannot confirm if this method needs some latency to work :oops:

    Nice boost to int, if broken or not, time will tell. But I'm itching to make a darkmage twisted
    avatar
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 689
    Reputation : 38
    Join date : 2012-09-04

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by XachAttack on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:57 am

    I just had an idea that could be tested.

    Get a second Crest Shield and two hand it when you see the Persuers coming. If I remember correctly, when you 2 hand a shield it gets a very nice stability bonus.

    I don't have the PC version so I can't test this myself, but I hope it gives you some good results!


    _________________
    [__ It's go time!__]

    PSN: Xach_Attack
    avatar
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 254
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-08-05

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by OrnsteinBro on Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:45 pm

    It's not the stability that is the issue, it is the massive amount of damage that it does on clean/guarded hit.

    Without GMB, the chip damage is still sizeable. Also, after having met several more pursuers users, I find that it is pretty easy to roll through but lag only has to get you once since you can be oneshot even with full hp on a moderate vitality build.


    _________________
    Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.

    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1776
    Reputation : 93
    Join date : 2012-02-18
    Age : 48
    Location : Oregon, US

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by callipygias on Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:09 pm

    Doesn't Pursuers do physical damage? If so, stability is a big issue on how much damage gets through.


    _________________
    XBL: callipygias33
    PSN: callipygias33


    "It's just common sense to NOT go into battle naked." ~ Yarxov

    "Billy - what type of gladiator do you plan on being?" ~ TehInfamousAmos

    "Troll the big drunk guy at the bar. Get punched in the face. Repeat until desire to troll is gone." ~ Forum Pirate
    avatar
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1087
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-07-18

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by ICEFANG on Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:34 pm

    No they seem to get through shields for me, so I think they do magic, but since PvP is so dead on PC, I can't seem to find anyone else to practice them with.


    _________________
    DRAGONBRO4LIFE

    See my youtube channel, with Dark Souls Prepare to Die (spoilers):
    www.youtube.com/user/RavenWolfStarcraft2
    See my livestream to watch me do it live (spoilers):
    http://www.twitch.tv/ravenwolfstarcraft2
    avatar
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 343
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2012-04-20
    Age : 25
    Location : EST, UTC - 5

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by Revoltage on Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:48 pm

    Every fight I've had with that spell has ended with me dead. I can dodge them just fine but i usually get hit by a dark bead or that other dark spell while I'm dodging it. Also, they still do magic damage, NOT physical. I just think they simply inflict higher poise and stamina damage.

    Also ICEFANG, I've been getting some pretty consistent pvp lately in the dlc, at least while invading the area before the artorias boss room. I'm up for pvp practice too, but i don't have any spellcasters atm.


    _________________

    GFWL / XBL GT: high rev0ltage (yeah that's a zero) - Steam ID: Revoltage

    Sponsored content

    Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:39 pm