Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
ICEFANG
n0rain
Rifter7
cloudyeki
Spurgun
ROOSTER330
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
11 posters

Any experienced Flagellants out there?

sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Any experienced Flagellants out there? Empty Any experienced Flagellants out there?

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:31 am

Anyone here have any expertise on whips besides "buff them" ?

like move combo's or interesting bonus's whips have etc?

i ask cause i've started a whip build (who'll eventually use the dlc whip) and in pve its been fun, so now to see about pvp...
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Any experienced Flagellants out there? Empty Re: Any experienced Flagellants out there?

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:34 am

Used the notched as an off hand weapon once.... didnt like the reach/damage ratio for strong hand, but it worked great for my offhand when using a heavy/slow weapon. Not sure that helps at all, but yeah.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Any experienced Flagellants out there? Empty Re: Any experienced Flagellants out there?

Post by Spurgun Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:37 am

I've never used a whip. The only good thing about them IMO is that they can't be parried.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:37 am

2h it to use its waving r1 as a spacing tool. The bleed makes for a decent deterrent and locking off to track backstabbers will help.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:43 am

i don't have any experience with whips.. but you should dual wield them imo.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:03 am

im using the regular whip... and getting better damage than with the notched one... my best analogy is that its like using a long sword with trippy range, similar damage and it seems to cut through people shields better... even great shields in pve don't deflect it, maybe with the shield deflection patch in the dlc whips will be come more wide spread happy
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:05 am

As a fella that has scraped by with it, buffing is probably your best best. That doesn't mean you have to go with the standard buffs like SLB and others that require stat investment. I usually rotten pine a notched whip and two hand it. RTSR, Leo, and high poise creates some nasty tom-foolery.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:06 am

Leo ring works with the whip? i thought leo only worked on thrust attacks? the whip is all swipes... time for some testing! big grin
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:08 am

It's based on damage TYPE.
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:09 am

^ good point it may not be categorized the same. I hope it is, but I could be wrong. I was just trying to use it for the counter damage since it seems like it would be boss at that. It's piercing attack I thought though. Notched pierces, kinda? lol!
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:12 am

It deals regular type damage so you're outta luck.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:51 am

I don't think they've chanted defection, and the new whip is cool, but weighs 5. I considered using the normal whip once, but I dunno, I think the Rapier is a better secondary at the same weight.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:02 am

Whips are really good off hand weapons, they can parry and can't be parried which is useful against parry spammers, I use them whenever I have enough dex to use them.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:45 pm

idk notch bleeds and cant be 100% blocked so its a good pressure weapon to a turtle, besides that idk much more :|
    BackstabFisherman
    BackstabFisherman
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BackstabFisherman Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:48 pm

Whips have an advantage in hiding your intentions. For example, I might start the fight and show them a whip, which can't backstab, so they will assume I'm not doing what my name suggests, lol. Then will give me something to go on, and I will just swap and punish them.

I think bows are more effective at doing the above than whips, but I still like to mix it up sometimes and try something new.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:22 pm

At least your honest lol!

and so far the regular whip has been nice, thing is you cannot combo. it's all block and counter and im keeping a chaos rapier as back-up for when i parry...
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:23 pm

the whips are fun to break out when the person you are fighting is an obvious new player and has no idea what hes doing.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:06 pm

You can kick-r1. that's kinda a combo. Or you could kick-r2-r2, you probably won't get the 2nd r2 unless you lock-off and they try to bs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:13 pm