For the Glory of Alvina

reim0027

Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by reim0027 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:01 am

Doing better tonight. Still getting lag stabbed, but it isn't as bad as last night. I just fought someone that was vit-gouged (2272), and my Mura OHK him on BS. Of course, I had some help, PW, SLB, and HR to be exact.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:32 am

Lol no Reim this was a vit gouge....and I still have never been able to figure out how this guy had so much HP without a MOM on its just impossible Shrug

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=JsiZAam7hhg

Also why don't you try a SLB GC with hornets one handed it does 2400 dmg without PW and that was only a +14 with 45 STR!

Ill give cookie to anyone that can tell me how that guy had 2474HP without a MOM on :suspect:

Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:22 am

For one slick avatar visit this thread
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t8933-picture-request-thread
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:00 am

Hey friends and countrymen - I need an assist. Does anyone on the thread have a SL65 to SL102 toon who has a red soapstone? Need someone to act as a courier between my SL84 and SL128 toon. I'm on the XBOX. I know this isn't the proper thread for this discussion but hey I know I can count on y'all to help old Broke out.

PM me if you can lend an assist.My SL128 can provide proper payment for your services.

Ikkaku - GL+3 (SL138)
    Limera - DW+3 (SL130)
    Yammi - GL+3 (SL84)
    Harribel - DW+0 (SL50)

DeS - PSN ID: BROKEWILLY (N.A. server)
    Kempachi - SL144
    Soifon - SL30
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:30 am

Broke - you can't drop it without knowing a "special" way, so someone will have to know that as well.

DW - Yeah, the GC has probably the highest crit damage, but it is more impressive getting 2k with a mura - people don't expect it.

Here's an example of the forest meta. I invaded and was automatically on 2 vs 1. We got into a R1 spam contest, but he had more vitality and I backed off to heal, only to have my PW kill me. The host PMed me "too late". I sent him back saying I know, epic fail, it was great.

So, I invade him again, go 2 vs 1 (classic ganking in the forest), and proceed to BS him for a OHK. He sent me a PM saying holy s***. So, we proceed to having short PMs talking about vitality and general friendly messages. All the time, he would gank me, I would spam items, turtle, wait for reinforcements, run into the trees, etc.

No taunting, no complaining. Just expected and normal fighting.

I've come to the conclusion that the current rules of engagement are not acceptable in the Forest, and are just as out of place as DB spamming outside the Forest. Completely different world, different expectations, different codes of honor.

Ganking just doesn't seem like ganking in the Forest. And, taunting after killing still makes me laugh.

Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:45 am

My only issue that only slightly annoys me is when I actually get a hunter that wants a fair fight and it gets interupted....were always nearing the end of a epic battle when some try hard has to come flying in and start ganking!

The taunts don't bother me and to be honest what I just said doesn't either because its the forerst....its just lame to have to back off from fighting a solid hunter and heal cuz some TROLL is bearing down on you!!!

Post by reim0027 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:49 pm

Yeah, I hear you. Fortunately, it is a rare situation, actually running into a dueller.

EDIT: Anyone have ideas for a SL 40ish build that is viable to hunt?

nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:25 am

probably not as a 40 would be one shoted to high heaven

I will protect my lord till the very end

Au ou Pasnic Morarta

Spoiler:

GT:nsane32
    Steam:nsane32
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:47 am

Viable SL 40... damn reim you ask tough questions.
    this is gona look horrible.
    Version that stands a chance of not being 1 shotted http://tinyurl.com/9awksj3

the only other thing I can see working at that sl would be a glass cannon.

Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly on Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:10 am

dancash1808 wrote:Viable SL 40... damn reim you ask tough questions.
    this is gona look horrible.
    Version that stands a chance of not being 1 shotted http://tinyurl.com/9awksj3

the only other thing I can see working at that sl would be a glass cannon.

Nice build - that toon may stand a chance due to its high vitality and endurance. I've never used a crossbow other than Avelyn in PvP before. I'm thinking about using cbow on my SL84 just to take up a slot but i'm already using a composite bow so I don' know. What is the rate of fire of the light cbow under battle conditions (i.e. can u catch your opponent with it doing decent damage and/or momentary stun)?

@Infamous - got some input on resilient SL40 hunter?

You know old Broke is always asking questions.

Good times people, good times.

Ikkaku - GL+3 (SL138)
    Limera - DW+3 (SL130)
    Yammi - GL+3 (SL84)
    Harribel - DW+0 (SL50)

Kempachi - SL144
    Soifon - SL30
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:13 am

I found it viable as a surprise attack. light crossbow is faster than avelyn and if you dont have sufficent time for a weapon punish its a great screw you take 200 damage thing silly which at that level is actually pretty significant.

TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos on Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:18 am

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:28 am

Both good ideas. The BSS one was more in line what I was thinking. I'm just not good with the Scythe. I figure I've got a really high SL (380) hunter, so I want to try a really low SL hunter as well.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:30 am

jasons has the marked advantage of being patchproof. but I dont go 2 months without tinkering with my builds so its fine for me silly

Oh and scythe is definitely worth the effort to master reim. it does horrible horrible things if your good.

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:39 pm

So, the level 40 was a flop. I was constantly invading people at a much higher SL than me. I beat one that was 332. Scrapped. I may make another toon at 160 and see how that goes.

I also had an epic win today. I was getting chased by host and phantom. They had Artorias and MLGS 2H and came at me spamming R1. I parried - both at the same time. I was locked on to the host. So, the phantom was stunned by the parry and had to watch me riposte the host. Big smile on my face.

dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:17 pm

Nice! thats pretty good. and yeah I had the same thing when I was running an SL1 the few wins I did get against people wearing full giants with at least 1.3k hp
    were very very very sweet big grin although I do need to make a high level forest hunter again, any idea at what point the invasions start to peter out? I know they slow down at some point but the general ball park would be appreciated.

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:40 pm

I get summoned a lot at 380. Usually only 1 host and phantom. But, they are pretty powerful.

DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:30 am

Just so all you dedicated servants of Alvina know that old DarkW17 is still killing Gankers not just hosting........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ntlo6HJNLA

The 1st bunch chased me through the forest for a good 5 mins...after circling and coming out from the bridge I flanked off left and hide behind a tree in the corner by the 'darkroot jump'....I let them get in front of me then they went back through Alvina's house to the mushroom area stumped as to here I was....the mystery was soon solved for them tho twisted

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly on Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:04 am

DarkW17 wrote:Just so all you dedicated servants of Alvina know that old DarkW17 is still killing Gankers not just hosting........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ntlo6HJNLA

The 1st bunch chased me through the forest for a good 5 mins...after circling and coming out from the bridge I flanked off left and hide behind a tree in the corner by the 'darkroot jump'....I let them get in front of me then they went back through Alvina's house to the mushroom area stumped as to here I was....the mystery was soon solved for them tho twisted

Wu-Tang, Wu-Tang, Wu-Tang forever bro!! Love the vid - now that's when the HR is supposed to be used.I love to see when and host or phantom is watching their buddy get OHK'd and can't do an dang thing about. Proper Bow

Ikkaku - GL+3 (SL138)
    Limera - DW+3 (SL130)
    Yammi - GL+3 (SL84)
    Harribel - DW+0 (SL50)

Kempachi - SL144
    Soifon - SL30
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly on Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:08 am

reim0027 wrote:So, the level 40 was a flop. I was constantly invading people at a much higher SL than me. I beat one that was 332. Scrapped. I may make another toon at 160 and see how that goes.

I also had an epic win today. I was getting chased by host and phantom. They had Artorias and MLGS 2H and came at me spamming R1. I parried - both at the same time. I was locked on to the host. So, the phantom was stunned by the parry and had to watch me riposte the host. Big smile on my face.

Reim - great win bro. Yeah SL40 can be tough - you might have to make that 160 and see how that turns out.

Well I don't have problems with constant invasions at SL314 - they come quick fast and hurry.So I think SL 400 and below is good to go but above that I don't know.

Ikkaku - GL+3 (SL138)
    Limera - DW+3 (SL130)
    Yammi - GL+3 (SL84)
    Harribel - DW+0 (SL50)

Kempachi - SL144
    Soifon - SL30
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly on Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:15 am

Well I had an awful night last night hosting in the forest.All I was running into was bangs, lag stabs and hackers. My last invasion of the night I got banged by newbie hunter and red mod. I start fighting the red then soon realized I wasn't doing damage so I start to run around - then the newbie FH invades and I'm like well maybe the blue will attack the red. Nope - he attacks me. So we all continue with the footsies and I decide well I'm not letting either one of these fools kill me so I jumped of the cliff. I PM'd the hunter and told him the red was a mod - the hunter was clueless in all things PvP :roll: . I schooled him so now I think we a 'good' hunter in the making - at least that made me feel a little better about the night.

On the hunter side - bang city.I had a couple of wins but everyone is out to win at all costs. Oh well - that's Darkroot for you. Hopefully today will be better on both sides.

Ikkaku - GL+3 (SL138)
    Limera - DW+3 (SL130)
    Yammi - GL+3 (SL84)
    Harribel - DW+0 (SL50)

Kempachi - SL144
    Soifon - SL30
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos on Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:16 am

Found myself an OP forest hunter build: http://tinyurl.com/9mntpdw

Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly on Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:40 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Found myself an OP forest hunter build: http://tinyurl.com/9mntpdw

I like Dex-based toons so that build is good to go.You could squeeze out even more normal and counter AR damage by using a crystal BSS+4 (I keep a stack of them and crystal pike+4s - you know I got that idea from your crystal short bow suggestion Proper Bow ). Once the BSS is SLB coated most gankers won't stand a chance - the weapon is so fast and versatile. Five stars on that build bro.

*Edit - Since studying it - I like it so much I may just make Sl120 based off it - maybe make him a DM

Ikkaku - GL+3 (SL138)
    Limera - DW+3 (SL130)
    Yammi - GL+3 (SL84)
    Harribel - DW+0 (SL50)

Kempachi - SL144
    Soifon - SL30
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:32 pm

what I am really becoming fond of is the painting guardian sword. people dont seem to have the same OMG FEAR of it as they do the falchion and it is actually more dangerous in close. 2hand it and shred anyone who tries to trade.

Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed on Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:17 pm

What do ya'all use to record your pvp fights? They look really good, and if I got interested I may start recording and posting my fights.

Join us cursed brothers and sisters and regain the lives you once knew: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t10229-those-of-cursed-blood-covenant-looking-for-members#212550

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:03 pm