Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
RNsunbro
FruitPunchNinja
NotoriousKnight
Gazman0169
shagtheturtle
Seenblack
Buggy Virus
Montante
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
callipygias
Alara78
Glutebrah
Spurgun
Back Lot Basher
18 posters

What's the lowest level you've ever been when taking on the Kings?

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

What's the lowest level you've ever been when taking on the Kings? Empty What's the lowest level you've ever been when taking on the Kings?

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:04 pm

Just curious, has anyone ever beaten the Kings, and the game, at a really low level? I've only ever done this at mid-high levels. Was thinking about trying it at a low level, but wondered if it's practical. Coop help must be scarce, since people need to have beaten Sif. Any tips?
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

What's the lowest level you've ever been when taking on the Kings? Empty Re: What's the lowest level you've ever been when taking on the Kings?

Post by Spurgun Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:06 pm

My lowest level 50, and that was the first time i played DkS.

But there are a lot of people who have done low sl playthroughs, so you should be able to get help. And it's definitely doable, you just need a elemental weapon.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

What's the lowest level you've ever been when taking on the Kings? Empty Re: What's the lowest level you've ever been when taking on the Kings?

Post by Glutebrah Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:31 pm

i used to have a SL20 i would invade at the Klin with, back before the BBG days so to get my weapons i had to do a play through at SL20

i had alot of Co-op help at that level
    Alara78
    Alara78
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Alara78 Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Lowest so far was a level 4 on NG.
    On NG+, 12 was my lowest
    NG++, 20
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:40 pm

Alara78 wrote:Lowest so far was a level 4 on NG.
    On NG+, 12 was my lowest
    NG++, 20

That's amazing. Kudos. I'll have to round up a few of my friends and torture them with some low level plays, now that I know it's doable.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:00 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:
    Alara78 wrote:Lowest so far was a level 4 on NG.
    On NG+, 12 was my lowest
    NG++, 20

That's amazing. Kudos. I'll have to round up a few of my friends and torture them with some low level plays, now that I know it's doable.
    It's definitely doable. I started a Covenant on the forum (Infinity 6) based on getting to NG+infinity at a single digit sl. The cov kind of petered out, but I made it. So my answer is NG+++++++, sl 6.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:14 pm

my cousins done them at 1, my dads done them at 4 but thats regular game.
    Montante
    Montante
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Montante Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:17 pm

I've made a SL1 Darkwraith before, so my answer would be SL1. Perfectly doable as long as you can deal the damage required.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:47 pm

SL1 on NG+
    Seenblack
    Seenblack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Seenblack Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:55 am

SL47.... It was hell. What's the lowest level you've ever been when taking on the Kings? 1330857165
    shagtheturtle
    shagtheturtle
    Regular
    Regular

Post by shagtheturtle Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:06 am

I have an sl1 on ng3, with the kings down. It's easily my favorite fight with low levels.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:43 am

SL120, seeing as that I got bored with and eventually gave up on my recent SL1 run, but all things going to plan I will shortly be squaring up to them with my SL3 Sorcerer melee and starting equipment only build, which in case you don't know is stats wise the lowest level possible for a melee only character in the game. twisted
    NotoriousKnight
    NotoriousKnight

Post by NotoriousKnight Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:51 am

I haven't done the four Kings yet, but I'm told its one of the easiest things if you're a melee. So I'm sure you could do it at SL1 as long as you have time and technique.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:57 am

sl 1 cheers I have also done it at sl 4(Hunter) with no poise/spells/or elemental weapons. Kneel before my awesomeness......DO IT!
    twisted
    What's the lowest level you've ever been when taking on the Kings? 1330857165 What's the lowest level you've ever been when taking on the Kings? 1330857165 What's the lowest level you've ever been when taking on the Kings? 1330857165
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:37 pm

SL1.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:01 pm

SL 5 on my Low SL Run
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:23 pm

NotoriousKnight wrote:I haven't done the four Kings yet, but I'm told its one of the easiest things if you're a melee.
    Hardly. In NG they're not too bad for most people because you can tank damage and chug Estus, but after NG+ they're the toughest fight in the game.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:02 pm

Not sure I'd have the fortitude to pull off these kinds of low level runs. As much as I love this game, I'm not exactly a pro. I've done the Four Kings at level 70+, loaded up with spells, pyro, miracles, and coop help, and still found it tough. Kudos to you guys and gals who can do this. I may try it for the challenge, but I'm not expecting much. I got pwned by the boar in the undead parish this morning 😢
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:09 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:Not sure I'd have the fortitude to pull off these kinds of low level runs. As much as I love this game, I'm not exactly a pro. I've done the Four Kings at level 70+, loaded up with spells, pyro, miracles, and coop help, and still found it tough. Kudos to you guys and gals who can do this. I may try it for the challenge, but I'm not expecting much. I got pwned by the boar in the undead parish this morning 😢

Try this build -> Link i've NG with it, no problem at all... if you want to fast roll just trade the wolf ring for DWGR
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:36 pm

There are a lot of youtube videos of people soloing the kings at SL1. I recommend a lightning weapon; some people 2h the clay which seems like a good idea.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:27 pm

Pesth wrote:
    Back Lot Basher wrote:Not sure I'd have the fortitude to pull off these kinds of low level runs. As much as I love this game, I'm not exactly a pro. I've done the Four Kings at level 70+, loaded up with spells, pyro, miracles, and coop help, and still found it tough. Kudos to you guys and gals who can do this. I may try it for the challenge, but I'm not expecting much. I got pwned by the boar in the undead parish this morning 😢

Try this build -> Link i've NG with it, no problem at all... if you want to fast roll just trade the wolf ring for DWGR

That's great...I'll give it a shot.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:32 pm

Honestly with the DWGR patched, low level runs are going to be quite a bit harder. My most recent low level(SL4 Hunter) i didn't use DWGR, and that was really testing my limits. I had to take a break, cause it was just kicking my ***. I was doing it with no poise or elemental weapons either, which was probably the hardest part. Plus hunter has no att.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:34 pm

I never used the DWGR through infinity on my run. Never a reason to. It's the elemental nerf that's gonna brutalize the challenges.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Do you find it important to be able to fast roll using a low level character? I've been trying the one that someone posted a link to above (Pyro + 4 levels), and it's been pretty good so far. I have full mobility, and use a heater for protection (wearing only pyro robes). Is it better to keep the weight down, or should I try tanking it more as I get better gear? The low health is the biggest achilles heel, but the endurance is a close second.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:03 pm

I never even considered trying a medium roll. I guess in NG it doesn't matter so much since you can still tank a certain amount of damage, even from the Kings, but beyond that it'd be quite the extra challenge. Armor becomes mostly irrelevant after NG though, so you might as well fast roll.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 pm