Catalysts: TCC or Manus?

ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Re: Catalysts: TCC or Manus?

Post by ublug on Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:15 pm

Brother Mojo wrote:With the Oolacile Ivory Catalyst, he did 259 damage consistently. With the Manus Catalyst, he did damage around 150ish at first, increasing eventually to 259 damage when he hit 99 strength.
    I was afraid that this might be the outcome.

Brother Mojo wrote:It outclasses the Oolacile Ivory Catalyst at 23 int (though only barely)
    Was this also at 99 strength?

Did you by any chance also test if the two-handing bonus applies to the manus cat when casting the dark magic?

(I also edited your post since it mentioned a hack.)

Brother Mojo

Post by Brother Mojo on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:47 pm

ublug wrote:
    Brother Mojo wrote:It outclasses the Oolacile Ivory Catalyst at 23 int (though only barely)
    Was this also at 99 strength?
    Here we weren't testing dark sorcery damage, just the listed "Magic Adjust" value, which scales based on intelligence only. It should have slightly more effect with all sorceries, dark or otherwise, once you have at least 23 Int.
    ublug wrote:Did you by any chance also test if the two-handing bonus applies to the manus cat when casting the dark magic?
    That didn't come to mind, so we didn't test this... we probably should, though. I think just about anyone with the catalyst could do it, though. Just see if dark orb does more damage when you're two-handing. Anyway, I'll reply again once we have the opportunity to test more... I'm especially interested in learning if any other catalysts with strength scaling apply that to dark sorceries, esp. the Oolacile Catalyst (not ivory).
    BackstabFisherman
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BackstabFisherman on Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:25 pm

Dark spells aren't useless because of the pendant, if anything that sets someone up into predictable item usage (pendant) which the pendant usage itself can be punished by another means, etc, backstab, CSS to the face. The guy with pursuers, is going to hope you try using that pendant, because he has a CSS ready to clutch cast, and if he interrupts it, then you will end up eating the CSS + pursuers, and certainly be killed by a combo of both.

Christoph
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Christoph on Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:11 pm

BackstabFisherman wrote:Dark spells aren't useless because of the pendant, if anything that sets someone up into predictable item usage (pendant) which the pendant usage itself can be punished by another means, etc, backstab, CSS to the face. The guy with pursuers, is going to hope you try using that pendant, because he has a CSS ready to clutch cast, and if he interrupts it, then you will end up eating the CSS + pursuers, and certainly be killed by a combo of both.

Afaik pursuers don't get nullified by the pendant, they only stop following him and don't explode until it wears off. At least I heard that from someone who has PTD.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content