Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Darkstar485
Hylian
ErrJon6661
Mclovein
8 posters

str bulid???

Mclovein
    Mclovein

str bulid??? Empty str bulid???

Post by Mclovein Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:45 pm

i'm planing on doing a str build for my next character what weapon and armor is good for that kind of build
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

str bulid??? Empty Re: str bulid???

Post by ErrJon6661 Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:55 pm

Its basically whatever you prefer. Heavy armor is your best bet. Out of the large weapons some of the notable ones (that I see most in PvP) are the Demon Great Machete, Claymore, Zwiehander, and BKGA.
    Hylian
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:00 am

I think Black Iron Armor is very good, it's not too heavy like Havel set and has excelent defense.

For weapon i recommend Black Knight Sword, Black Knight Greataxe, Lightning Zweihander, Lightning Claymore... Demon Machete is too heavy and slow imo. I was told Man-Serpent Sword is ok
    Darkstar485
    Darkstar485
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Darkstar485 Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:09 am

I'm kinda doing the same thing right now and to be honest my knight armor/ elite knight armor is doing ok right now until i get to black iron armor. Although i am definitely not a noob.... a still am just gettin into the reinforcement part of the game lol....so i guess i am a noob!
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:12 am

With many of the larger weapons you need a lot of poise. The weapons are slow and easy to punish. Poise lets you take hits and execute attacks without being stunned. I'd recommend at least 80 poise total. But the more the better.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:40 am

any of the bk weapons but you need 18 dex whihc i think its a waste, demon great machete is one the best str weapons, man serpent gs is pretty awesome, large and great club are good too. i personally love the demon great hammer, it looks so intimidating but its not as good as the great club, and dont be one of those guys that use a lightning claymore or zwei on a str build might as well make a boring vit/end build, theyre good for early in the game but not around sl 120, try all of them and stick with whatever youre good at and feels good for you.
    stale
    stale

Post by stale Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:48 am

You have to go to the gym. it's in new londo. no wait, dark root garden. You have to pay up to 20 thousand francs to get inside. Once there you pump iron with these dudes all day and out until you're feeling buff then you go back and drink some protein shakes by your fire. it feels great - but one of the best armors is there too -- or as the game prefers to spell it, "armours" -- and it's over past that cat ***** like the Cheshire Cat in the little castle place. It's got good poise which means you can strike back when being hit, but then again Havel is the best. I made the game easy by lucking out on a Black Knight Sword my first time through, but now I'm liking the Graveyard Sword even though it doesn't stack much with strength (E, E) . Probably is with this game though is that the enemies will still hit you hard even if you're like 100+ level with 40 strength and lots of deterrance and the highest armor (maxed out Giant).

Giant is the best. get all his stuff
    Hylian
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:14 am

stale wrote:You have to go to the gym. it's in new londo. no wait, dark root garden. You have to pay up to 20 thousand francs to get inside. Once there you pump iron with these dudes all day and out until you're feeling buff then you go back and drink some protein shakes by your fire. it feels great - but one of the best armors is there too -- or as the game prefers to spell it, "armours" -- and it's over past that cat ***** like the Cheshire Cat in the little castle place. It's got good poise which means you can strike back when being hit, but then again Havel is the best. I made the game easy by lucking out on a Black Knight Sword my first time through, but now I'm liking the Graveyard Sword even though it doesn't stack much with strength (E, E) . Probably is with this game though is that the enemies will still hit you hard even if you're like 100+ level with 40 strength and lots of deterrance and the highest armor (maxed out Giant).

Giant is the best. get all his stuff

Is it heavier than havels?
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Teh_hapy_octopus Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:48 am

i used the large club +10 with 39 str and i did as much damage as iron tarsus to the iron golem
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:10 pm

i'm making a smough hammer build. will be entertaining.... does its move set include that charge move of smoughs?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:05 am