Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
cloudyeki
Alara78
ViralEnsign_
7 posters

Optomising a Ciaran Build (Spoilers)

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Optomising a Ciaran Build (Spoilers) Empty Optomising a Ciaran Build (Spoilers)

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:59 am

SO basically Im going for the Tracers and Armour set and I know the END reqs for fast roll etc and basically need no real suggestions on the build..... but what I want to know is which starting class is most efficient for a pure Dex build?

Theif, Hunter, Wanderer, bearing in mind the Max Strength requirement is 9 to use the Gold and Dark Silver Tracers.

My current build is sitting at SL 92 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3054536557100766

Items are only intended to simulate weight and im 0.3 over.
    Alara78
    Alara78
    Addicted
    Addicted

Optomising a Ciaran Build (Spoilers) Empty Re: Optomising a Ciaran Build (Spoilers)

Post by Alara78 Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:03 am

When making a DEX build I always go with Wanderer.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Optomising a Ciaran Build (Spoilers) Empty Re: Optomising a Ciaran Build (Spoilers)

Post by cloudyeki Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:12 am

Wanderer would be your best bet, unless you want some magic.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:11 am

Im not using any magic, nor pyro's , nor miracles because Ciaran doesnt display any capacity for such when you fight her in game.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:37 pm

Any build with 40 to 50 strenght is good enough for cyaran, i play with her weapons at the DLC and with 40 Dex they do a hell lot of damage in the arena and cooping at bosses (the bleed of the gold tracer is beyond awesome)
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:18 pm

I like to start as the thief for a Dex build but it's probably not as efficient. Wanderer is the most efficient, you get three extra levels.
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:06 pm

I like using warrior class, it all seems to level out once you get your Vit and End up, also it has less points in attunement, int, and faith. My build is this:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=d2Fycmlvciw1MCw4LDQwLDE1LDQwLDExLDksOSw5OSwyNSwzNCw0NCwzLDI0LDIyLDEwLDcsMCwwLG5vcm1hbCxub3JtYWwsbm9ybWFsLG5vcm1hbCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsd29vZGVuLHdvb2Rlbix3b29kZW4sd29vZGVu

Cant save it for some reason so stuck with the long link, I'm thinking sl 100 is the best for this build in arena and someone had to get the wolf ring to Arty's grave so might as well use it. lol!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:20 pm

Yeah but why do you have 15 STR?
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:34 pm

I was playing around with it and decided that would be the biggest change the 2 points could give me, I was assuming it would model after the bandits knife and that only go 1 measly dmg from the 2 lvls, otherwise it would only make 17 vit, and 2 endurance wasn't enough to change roll speed. So I decided to go with strength, I'd imagine even with E scaling it would add more than 1 dmg and allows a few more weapons to be used for pve getting to the dlc content.

That could all change when we see the hard numbers on both tracer's, maybe we'll see the first weapon to scale into 50 dex cheers
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:09 pm

Hunter so you can lvl up strength a bit and mix some medium weapons (like katanas or Silver knight straight sword).
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:15 pm

ChizFreak wrote:Hunter so you can lvl up strength a bit and mix some medium weapons (like katanas or Silver knight straight sword).
    But Ciaran doesnt use those weapon.....
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:18 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:Hunter so you can lvl up strength a bit and mix some medium weapons (like katanas or Silver knight straight sword).
    But Ciaran doesnt use those weapon.....

Then use a character calculator like the one in here:

https://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/dark-souls-calculators/stat-planner

It's from the console version, but just equip all your desired equipment and weapons, and calculate the endurance required to fast roll with that. It also tells you which class has the lowest level with the stats you input (in other words what you wanted).

And:
    I don't agree with pure-cosplaying, there is no point. One thing is not using that seriously breaks the cosplay build, like using Solaire and using Soul Spear, but using a similar weapon (another sword) wouldn't affect it much. I played with my Leeroy Cosplay build a lot of time, and I used Great Magic Barrier, now we don't see Leeroy using it, but, does it really break the build?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:49 pm

Well Its just that from my sign and avatar its pretty obvious that IM one of the biggest Ciaran fans around.... so I'd like to challenge myself to PvP without any gimmicks and also to make the closest Ciaran possible. Hopefully in its own way it is unique.
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:47 am

Well I think cosplays are more about planning out a build that makes you excited to play it, any limitations are just to make things more challenging and feel more accomplished, personally some of my most enjoyable pvp was when I tried fighting as a gargoyle with nothing but the halberd, shield, and helmet. I got my *$$ handed to me half the time but I also had fun and made some friends along the way.

Back on topic as far as optimizing ciaran's equip it seems she was based around a perfect 40 end, you technically only need 39 but if you where to pick up havel's ring and hit 40 you enter the next tier of fast roll making you that much more agile although that's a bit non cannon it would be something fun to switch to mid match aha
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:02 pm

Shameless bump but it looks like you were completely right Viral, according to mugen strength does exactly jack for Ciaran so I've revamped my build to this
    http://tinyurl.com/9ldcw9p
    At least I was on track with the dex scaling Shrug
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:20 pm

Hurray! I hope your build runs better than ever and Ciaran kicks some ***!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:19 pm