Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
skarekrow13
Rin
nhbdy
stryks1
8 posters

What does.....mean

stryks1
    stryks1
    Casual
    Casual

What does.....mean Empty What does.....mean

Post by stryks1 Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:02 pm

What does dex characters and str characters mean? I've seen people mention these before.
    nhbdy
    nhbdy
    Addicted
    Addicted

What does.....mean Empty Re: What does.....mean

Post by nhbdy Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:07 pm

stryks1 wrote:What does dex characters and str characters mean? I've seen people mention these before.

it's a quick reference to stat setups or builds, ex. a dex character will typically have 40 dexterity
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:33 pm

most people base their character on 1-3 stats so if i wanted a dude that uses a katana and miracles katana= dextarity based weapon miracles= faith based spell i would base my new char on dextarity and faith stat and call it a dex/fai build that uses a katana hope it helps...
    stryks1
    stryks1
    Casual
    Casual

Post by stryks1 Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:56 pm

do they focus exclusively on those skills ONLY or do they branch into others too?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Usually the focus is to get the primary stat(s) to 40ish. Levels beyond that get distributed elsewhere. Kind of like having a major/minor in college.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:04 pm

stryks1 wrote:do they focus exclusively on those skills ONLY or do they branch into others too?

They do branch into others, like an Int based caster gets his faith up to 12 so he can cast heal. Or a Faith guy who gets his Int up to 20 so he can use the Sword of Artorias (sp?).
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:58 pm

Usually you go atleast 40 in Vit and End then from there you spawn out and meet the requirements for the things you want your char to be able todo.

Ultra weapons require a lot of Str for instance whereas Magic-int and Miracles-faith. Difference between Str and Dex build is merely what kind of weapon you prefer Big heavy ones that benefit from Str or the lighter quicker weapons thats primarily dex based.

Usually Str/Dex builds are hybrids with Faith/Int for buffing and thus requires some stats in those as well. However you can forego the whole spell buffing and just build a Pyro/Elemental weapons build using Chaos/Lightning that doesnt benefit from higher stats in Str/Dex etc.

I know examples of people using elemental weapons having 80+ vit, 45+ end since they dont need to throw points into supporting stats.
    zzCLR2Rzz
    zzCLR2Rzz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zzCLR2Rzz Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:21 pm

Vitality and end people usually stop around 40, fepending on how high of a level you want to make your charechter (soem folks try to beat the game at the lowest leslev possible) but if you are interseted in multiplayer the unofficial cap is in the 120's (you can play with anyone within 10% of your level, so if you were 120 you could play with someone within 12 levels of you so anyone with a toon that was 108 to 132)

at 40 your stamina is maxed, if you go higher your equipment burden will keep going upStr,Dex,Int and faith are all stats that are required to use spells miracles or certain weapons.

at 50 str you can equip any strength based weapons

at 50 int you can use any magic spell

at 50 faith you can use any miracle

I am not that farmilliar with dex, but i think the highest dex requirement i have seen for a weapon is in the 20s but i could be wrong but dex also effects how fast you cast yours spells so if you are a mage, putting some levels into dex would be a good idea

to use the Atronis greatsword i think you need 24 str and 18 each of dex,int and faith, so there are build that put something into all of them but until you get that weapon you are kind of a jack of all trades but master of none, i find it best to decide what you are going for and play to strengths if you are looking to deal the most damage you will want to get one of those stats up to 50
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:23 pm

I think the highest dex requirement is 22 for silver knight weapons.
    zzCLR2Rzz
    zzCLR2Rzz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zzCLR2Rzz Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:28 pm

sorry about the spelling, I am multitasking at work
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:37 pm