Starting a petition on VERY STRICT PC moderation

Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: Starting a petition on VERY STRICT PC moderation

Post by Bcc17 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:54 pm

/Thread and lock this before this petition garbage gets out of control please.

Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:27 pm

Bcc17 wrote:/Thread and lock this before this petition garbage gets out of control please.

YES

War Organizer, Surtr : http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t8556p150-character-bio-compendeum#201274
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:21 pm

Bcc17 wrote:
    IV_Mark_VI wrote:But it's obvious many people play this for the PvP aspect, and want a separate game outside of the PvE where they can go at it. A fighting game with customizeable characters.

The mechanics of this and the mechanics of PvE are different. So why not just clearly separate them?

First off,

I realize that, but then you need to get of the BB glitch, as it makes money/items somewhat meaningless. If you do that, you have a game that's more narrow, that some of these players wouldn't enjoy.

So remove the BB Glitch, but add in a way to allow players to PvP all they want without the grinding aspect. It would make griefers less likely, and things like humanities, money, red orbs, would actually have value now.

Second off, in the PC version the BB Glitch is removed, and PvP through being randomly invaded has been more fun.e "Add a PvP Arena/Mortal Kombat with everything unlocked" to a game where PvP and PvE are So the wholsupposed to coexist, is an *ahem* EXTREMELY stupid idea. Also, you choose to make the game a "grind-fest," Dark Souls hands you all the tools you need to succeed, it's your job to actually progress. If you die, oh well too bad try again, you'll get it eventually. And you know what, if you play DkS for ONLY PvP, you clearly are playing the wrong game, go do Battlegrounds in WoW then.
    @the bolded area: I actually had a good idea about this when it came to the dlc pvp arena. where youd have an option to choose sl 50, 100, 150, 200 etc, and say if you chose 100, it would put you in the character creation screen. then you would create your character as you normally would at the title screen (as if you were to create a new toon), but once your finished it would allow you to choose your stats, which in this case would be capped at 100 (could go less for a self handicap to make things challenging i suppose) after that it would allow you to pick your gear. weapons, spells, armor etc after that you can battle in the sl bracket. You can save up to 4 character load outs for each sl bracket. This will only be available for the pvp arena. this ould be good for experimenting. And most of our pvp characters are sl 120 and from what i know the brackets work in a sense where its 50-99, 100-199 etc. so if i wanted to try this arena out with my 120 characters chances are im gonna face people who purposely brough their characters to 199 to be as powerful as possible in the bracket. now i gotta go back on my builds and make em suited for either sl 99 or 199 to keep up with everyone else or offcourse i can severely handicap myself. Or we can just have a character creation for the pvp arena its self since the arena is not a part of the dks world anyway. well at least i dont think. (Im waiting for the console version of the dlc to come out right now im going off youtube videos of what i seen on the arena and knowlage of what i heard from the people here and on youtube)

Last edited by T-King-667 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:24 pm

I'd like to ask that people please not be rude to new members, I understand repeat threads can get annoying but things can always be talked about politely.
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:49 pm

Tolvo wrote:I'd like to ask that people please not be rude to new members, I understand repeat threads can get annoying but things can always be talked about politely.

It's not because it's a repeat thread, it's that people think that they can get whatever they want by making stupid petitions. These petitions, in fact, can have an adverse affect on games. I'm not bitter, I just hate whiny poo-babbies that think they're entitled to everything.

Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:55 pm

Serious_Much wrote:guys if you're on ps3 though, good luck with your builds post DLC patch, cus bb glitch is getting removed, thank ***.

I dunno why you guys aren't against duping really, i understand it's okay if it was ONLY used to make high level builds where it's not unfair, but when it's used to dupe all the best gear onto a griefing character like is done now, it needs to be removed as it does harm to the online community.

prove that bbg is gone before you start posting this all over the forums please.

griefers are still going to grief, if anything it'll be easier for them too since everyone will have forced pve grinding thrown on their plate.

duelers are going to get effected.

Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:20 pm

I can understand being annoyed as I said, but there is no need to be insulting to people.
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:30 am

Rifter7 wrote:prove that bbg is gone before you start posting this all over the forums please.

rifter, it's in the list of things that are officially patched, along with dragonhead mk2, spell swap glitch, and the other nerfs we all know will happen when the dlc patch hits consoles.

anyway, my little tidbit on some people's opinion on giving a character builder and separating the arena from the rest of the game.. it's just incorrect to do so. The whole idea of the ingenious online system is that it is neither explicitly pve or pvp, it is both at the same time, at all times whilst active.

I also disagree when people say they are entitled to an easy way to build characters. The whole ethos in the souls series is that it's hard, easy building characters is not part of this. Also the fact people think we need a replacement for the BB glitch in terms of easy building of characters is wrong. This method was never meant to happen, hence why we shouldn't have a character maker or whatever. FROM never wished for you to make complete builds in less than an hour and it shouldn't really happen.

I get my views on this are extremely unrelenting and i'm sorry for that. But to be honest my view will be pretty much the same as from's own view on the matter. The BB glitch and easily made characters help change the online aspect into something they do not wish it to be, which is wholly other from the pve. Hence they deem it should not be in the game.

In the same way we were all up in arms over the whole easy mode thing, while taking out the bb glitch means less player base perhaps, it keeps the ethos of the game in line with what is best about the game. The same principle as not wanting to have an easy mode.

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:48 am

Bcc17 wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:I'd like to ask that people please not be rude to new members, I understand repeat threads can get annoying but things can always be talked about politely.

It's not because it's a repeat thread, it's that people think that they can get whatever they want by making stupid petitions. These petitions, in fact, can have an adverse affect on games. I'm not bitter, I just hate whiny poo-babbies that think they're entitled to everything.
    And, posts like that are exactly what Tolvo is talking about. Tone it down please; posts like that aren't helpful.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:23 pm

reim0027 wrote:
    Bcc17 wrote:

And, posts like that are exactly what Tolvo is talking about. Tone it down please; posts like that aren't helpful.

You have to remember though that these things develop over time. Replies build and build in agression/tone until someone actually makes a comment that is a straight insult or derogatory remark and 9/10 times I would say they've been pushed to it. It's very irritating when someone jumps into a thread after its had steam for a long time and asks people to "Tone it down" or "speak to others with respect". I'm not disagreeing with you Reim, people should be polite, but like I said, insults and rage develop over time.

Btw, next time someone wants to come on who isnt a mod and wishes to make some sort of "Come on, we're all adults here" post; please, make it a PM to the person you wish to hear it happy

Edit: And just to save everyone a bit of time, this post was all my opinion blah blah blah yeh we all know the score. happy

T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:23 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    Rifter7 wrote:prove that bbg is gone before you start posting this all over the forums please.

rifter, it's in the list of things that are officially patched, along with dragonhead mk2, spell swap glitch, and the other nerfs we all know will happen when the dlc patch hits consoles.

anyway, my little tidbit on some people's opinion on giving a character builder and separating the arena from the rest of the game.. it's just incorrect to do so. The whole idea of the ingenious online system is that it is neither explicitly pve or pvp, it is both at the same time, at all times whilst active.

I also disagree when people say they are entitled to an easy way to build characters. The whole ethos in the souls series is that it's hard, easy building characters is not part of this. Also the fact people think we need a replacement for the BB glitch in terms of easy building of characters is wrong. This method was never meant to happen, hence why we shouldn't have a character maker or whatever. FROM never wished for you to make complete builds in less than an hour and it shouldn't really happen.

I get my views on this are extremely unrelenting and i'm sorry for that. But to be honest my view will be pretty much the same as from's own view on the matter. The BB glitch and easily made characters help change the online aspect into something they do not wish it to be, which is wholly other from the pve. Hence they deem it should not be in the game.

In the same way we were all up in arms over the whole easy mode thing, while taking out the bb glitch means less player base perhaps, it keeps the ethos of the game in line with what is best about the game. The same principle as not wanting to have an easy mode.
    I understand that making builds or whatever strays away from what the game is ment to be. so im guessing your also against the "were making a new difficulty for the players who complain" because to me that also takes away from what froms original view of the game was. Making a "spicy yet editable" difficulty game now they just give in to pretty much whatever the mass majority begs for when it comes to making the game easy. The first patch halved enemy's hp and gave you more souls per kill. From is getting too soft of the community. the back of the case says "prepare to die" and they expected a walk in the park. I get side tracked easily..

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI on Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:09 pm

@BCC17:

What is the point of the BB glitch, but to custom make your character out of the gate? You can be any level (with the dragon head glitch), with all the gear. Lots of people have mules out there.

So why let these people interact with legitimate runs? Not that removing the glitch will solve anything at this point; all the players will have backups.

I honestly don't think there'd be that many low level griefers that go through all the effort just to invade some low levels. That's a lot of work for little gain.

Creating characters from scratch is unintended; and should be removed, or a separate area setup for people that want to do that (I wouldn't go there).

Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:31 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:@BCC17:

What is the point of the BB glitch, but to custom make your character out of the gate? You can be any level (with the dragon head glitch), with all the gear. Lots of people have mules out there.

So why let these people interact with legitimate runs? Not that removing the glitch will solve anything at this point; all the players will have backups.

I honestly don't think there'd be that many low level griefers that go through all the effort just to invade some low levels. That's a lot of work for little gain.

Creating characters from scratch is unintended; and should be removed, or a separate area setup for people that want to do that (I wouldn't go there).

You've totally missed his point and you're arguing the same point as him. happy

Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:35 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:

Creating characters from scratch is unintended; and should be removed ,or a separate area setup for people that want to do that (I wouldn't go there).

Oh my God I'm sorry, that made me lol pretty hard. Did you mean creating high level characters?

Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:40 pm

T-King-667 wrote:
    I understand that making builds or whatever strays away from what the game is ment to be. so im guessing your also against the "were making a new difficulty for the players who complain" because to me that also takes away from what froms original view of the game was. Making a "spicy yet editable" difficulty game now they just give in to pretty much whatever the mass majority begs for when it comes to making the game easy. The first patch halved enemy's hp and gave you more souls per kill. From is getting too soft of the community. the back of the case says "prepare to die" and they expected a walk in the park. I get side tracked easily..

Yeah, i'm also against the easy mode thing too, though there's been an official announcement saying difficulty will be kept at the same level.

in terms of the 1.05 patch yes it increased souls among other things, not really sure it decresed hp of enemies i personally don't think it did, but really the patch made it so there was slightly less farming involved, which I think was an okay patch. Yes it made the game slightly easier in some aspects and much easier for instance in izalith or for when you get cursed. I think though the patch wasn't THAT bad, though some of the edge was taken off the game putting in some of the features they did.

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:54 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    You have to remember though that these things develop over time. Replies build and build in agression/tone until someone actually makes a comment that is a straight insult or derogatory remark and 9/10 times I would say they've been pushed to it. It's very irritating when someone jumps into a thread after its had steam for a long time and asks people to "Tone it down" or "speak to others with respect". I'm not disagreeing with you Reim, people should be polite, but like I said, insults and rage develop over time.

Btw, next time someone wants to come on who isnt a mod and wishes to make some sort of "Come on, we're all adults here" post; please, make it a PM to the person you wish to hear it happy

Edit: And just to save everyone a bit of time, this post was all my opinion blah blah blah yeh we all know the score. happy

Knight. I know things build up over time. But, building up aggression is not an excuse to act like that.

I did not just jump into this thread to post it. I watched it as it developed and gauged the community's responses. This is the time I decided to step in.

One last thing. Do not question my moderation out in the open. If you have a question about my decisions or suggestions about me, take it up with me in private. Or, talk to another mod or admin in private. But, please do not tell me how to do my job.

Now, let's get this topic back on track (if I haven't derailed it enough already, lol )

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:21 pm

Yes BCC, I meant high level characters; it's obvious.

@Knight: You say I'm arguing the same point as him; I don't think so. I put up all my points and he did a big facepalm picture of Picard when he quoted me. Does that not mean he's disagreeing? That's what I took from it.

Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:26 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Yes BCC, I meant high level characters; it's obvious.

@Knight: You say I'm arguing the same point as him; I don't think so. I put up all my points and he did a big facepalm picture of Picard when he quoted me. Does that not mean he's disagreeing? That's what I took from it.

Im pretty done with this thread. People are arguing to have the game become *** dark souls tag tournament. Stupidity. End of.

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:32 pm

this thread is dead, as usual the initially thoughtful discussion about a very spicy subject in the community has turned into a hostile endeavour, and is probably best left alone.

Oh and knight, just a word of advice don't rip on mods or anything like that, it's not something that goes particularly well or that is sensible either, believe me, I should know lol! They're all very capable and know how to keep the forum going in the right direction.

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:33 pm

Serious_Much wrote:this thread is dead, as usual the initially thoughtful discussion about a very spicy subject in the community has turned into a hostile endeavour, and is probably best left alone.

Oh and knight, just a word of advice don't rip on mods or anything like that, it's not something that goes particularly well or that is sensible either, believe me, I should know lol! They're all very capable and know how to keep the forum going in the right direction.

Didnt rip. Shared my views in a respectful manner as was asked of me. Of course this is wrong too. Im just being a robot from now.

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:47 pm

Eh hopefully I didn't offend.

I honestly see the two groups, and am surprised the idea gets so much negative assessment. Because effectively, that's what people are doing. Creating people from scratch, levelling up to 120, and duelling in the Burg.

Streamlining that desire would make sense, if people really want it. Personally I don't, and agree it should be integrated, and I would never use the BB glitch to just duel in the Burg, but that's my opinion, but I know tons of people that do. I don't see the difference between that and a 'character creation of X level' screen. I just don't think they should interact.

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:05 pm

knight, with all due respect, your post was completely belittling reim's efforts to return the conversation to an acceptable level. Saying stuff like 'it's not helpful what you're doing' is pretty much telling him how to do his job as a mod, and how you pretty much said the only reason his comment isn't stupid is because he's a mod.. It's not good. btw, you were never asked to share your views, respectfully or as in this case not on what he should be doing as part of his responsibilities. It's not like they're paid to take crap from you, they're volunteers who don't want their time wasted by unappreciative members.

This is just friendly advice, support the mods rather than swim against them, belittling them is a dumb idea and they're usually right anyway. It's not constructive to the community to be like that.

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:11 pm

Serious_Much wrote:knight, with all due respect, your post was completely belittling reim's efforts to return the conversation to an acceptable level. Saying stuff like 'it's not helpful what you're doing' is pretty much telling him how to do his job as a mod, and how you pretty much said the only reason his comment isn't stupid is because he's a mod.. It's not good. btw, you were never asked to share your views, respectfully or as in this case not on what he should be doing as part of his responsibilities. It's not like they're paid to take crap from you, they're volunteers who don't want their time wasted by unappreciative members.

This is just friendly advice, support the mods rather than swim against them, belittling them is a dumb idea and they're usually right anyway. It's not constructive to the community to be like that.

Never said his post was unhelpful, dont know where you're getting that from. Dont know where you're getting most of that post from.

Im starting to think it's because of where im from. Perhaps respect is different where you all come from. Im honestly really starting to think this is what it has to be.

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:21 pm

..I can't believe I'm bothering to do this...

Knight Alundil wrote: It's very irritating when someone jumps into a thread after its had steam for a long time and asks people to "Tone it down" or "speak to others with respect". I'm not disagreeing with you Reim, people should be polite, but like I said, insults and rage develop over time.)

Here you told him he was wrong in what he did, i.e you said he was unhelpful.

Knight Alundil wrote:Btw, next time someone wants to come on who isnt a mod and wishes to make some sort of "Come on, we're all adults here" post; please, make it a PM to the person you wish to hear it happy

Here you openly belittle the action he took, you clearly state the only reason what he said deserved to be out in the open is because he's a mod.

To be honest, it really doesn't matter where you're from. As part of respect, your actions should reflect it. Openly disagreeing with him is disrespecting his position and ability to be in his position. In short, you were undermining him totally, and that's inappropriate really.

My last post on the matter as if this doesn't make you get it then it's just unfortunate. I'll just say again, i really appeal to you to do as Reim said, keep your opinions on moderators to yourself and discuss it in PM, openly trashing his chosen action is counter productive to the forum.

If you wanna discuss this anymore PM me, we're massively derailing the thread.. Sorry OP and everyone interested in the discussion Proper Bow

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:29 pm

This thread does not need to become an argument over what mods want or do not. Forum guidelines are in place and need to be followed. That includes flaming on the forums and derailing threads.

Locked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:55 pm