Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Re: Starting a petition on VERY STRICT PC moderation

Post by Serious_Much on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:27 am

ROOSTER330 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    ROOSTER330 wrote:
    callipygias wrote:Like I said, I'm sure a cheat or two will be found pretty quick.

So then whats your purpose in signing?

obviously so that guys who use these new found cheats as well as old ones will be punished.. you think the mods won't punish new cheats or something? silly

If people are just going to find a new way to cheat, how are you punishing anyone tho? They have let the bb thing go for how many months without a patch or fix or whatever?

And to some of us, its not a "cheat". I acquired everything I have, I'm just transfering it to another character in my eyes. I've had everything a million times already, to me transfering the same equipment I've spent hundreds of hours getting on dozens of other characters, is not a "cheat".

The fact is if you obtain things on a character in a way which the game does not intend you to do so, it is a cheat or an exploit or whatever you wanna call it. It's just unchangeable definition but at the end of the day it's all stuff you didn't get on that character and shouldn't have.

I have no issues with you guys using it to make higher level PvP builds, but i find it sad when you use the excuse of doing something several times over as a reason to say it's not a cheat. Just because you've done something before, doesn't mean you have any right to refuse to do it again.

You wouldn't refuse to do the same thing over and over to take medicines you need, or if your job has a process you regularly repeat, the same should be true of dark souls hence why they're removing the BB glitch with the patch.

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:14 am

Serious_Much wrote:
    ROOSTER330 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    ROOSTER330 wrote:
    callipygias wrote:Like I said, I'm sure a cheat or two will be found pretty quick.

So then whats your purpose in signing?

obviously so that guys who use these new found cheats as well as old ones will be punished.. you think the mods won't punish new cheats or something? silly

If people are just going to find a new way to cheat, how are you punishing anyone tho? They have let the bb thing go for how many months without a patch or fix or whatever?

And to some of us, its not a "cheat". I acquired everything I have, I'm just transfering it to another character in my eyes. I've had everything a million times already, to me transfering the same equipment I've spent hundreds of hours getting on dozens of other characters, is not a "cheat".

The fact is if you obtain things on a character in a way which the game does not intend you to do so, it is a cheat or an exploit or whatever you wanna call it. It's just unchangeable definition but at the end of the day it's all stuff you didn't get on that character and shouldn't have.

I have no issues with you guys using it to make higher level PvP builds, but i find it sad when you use the excuse of doing something several times over as a reason to say it's not a cheat. Just because you've done something before, doesn't mean you have any right to refuse to do it again.

You wouldn't refuse to do the same thing over and over to take medicines you need, or if your job has a process you regularly repeat, the same should be true of dark souls hence why they're removing the BB glitch with the patch.

Ok. Whatever, you win, its a cheat. Bottom line, alot of legit players will stop playing because of the patch. That sucks. Its sad that you dont see that.

And the medicine thing makes no sense. lol. I get what your saying, but thats totally different.

Its more like, I've been the low guy on the totem pole at work for several years, now Ive put alot of time in, maybe I shouldnt have to take out the trash. Maybe thats sh***y, but oh well. I'm sh***y then.

And no one is refusing to do anything, its a game man. Not a job, not a tax return, a game. It so happens that in this game, once youve played it enough, pvp becomes the only legit longevity of the game. And most people wouldnt still be playing if there was not a way to create pvp characters without spending tons of time doing it. So in my mind, it would be better to MAKE the bb a part of the game, or intigrate something similair so that these people will continue to play.

And your right its getting patched anyways, so I'm not sure what we are even arguing about, except just to argue.

War Organizer, Surtr : http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t8556p150-character-bio-compendeum#201274
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:21 am

ROOSTER330 wrote:Its more like, I've been the low guy on the totem pole at work for
    several years, now Ive put alot of time in, maybe I shouldnt have to
    take out the trash. Maybe thats sh***y, but oh well. I'm sh***y then.

Well, that's not really right. When you make a new character its supposed to be a new character so a more accurate analogy would be:

You've been working in a company for a long time, worked up alot of respect and experience. Then you decided to have a career change. You leave your work and get a new job. Should you be the bottom of the totem pole and do all the **** jobs again? Well, yes.

ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:31 am

Knight Alundil wrote:
    ROOSTER330 wrote:Its more like, I've been the low guy on the totem pole at work for
    several years, now Ive put alot of time in, maybe I shouldnt have to
    take out the trash. Maybe thats sh***y, but oh well. I'm sh***y then.

Well, that's not really right. When you make a new character its supposed to be a new character so a more accurate analogy would be:

You've been working in a company for a long time, worked up alot of respect and experience. Then you decided to have a career change. You leave your work and get a new job. Should you be the bottom of the totem pole and do all the **** jobs again? Well, yes.

Says a 17 year old who hasnt been there done that yet bro. Its not like getting a new job (new game), its like moving your office down the hall. But the analogy thing is getting outta hand lol, I'll stop.

I dont really feel like I'm making a new character either, I'm changing my current character for pvp. Not trying to play the whole game, just adjust for the part of the game that I wish to participate in now. If there was a way to obtain something that allowed you to re-allocate your stat points etc, that could solve it too.

But again, none of this matters, its getting patched. Me and alot of others wont be here to argue with you anymore silly

War Organizer, Surtr : http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t8556p150-character-bio-compendeum#201274
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:48 am

hehe, you're right rooster, i guess i'm just arguing on principle..

I'd like personally not something to reallocate your statpoints, as that is too easy.. maybe something that can reduce your toon's level back to base at the cost of all your souls, or have a boss that can drain levels again, that was a pretty awesome idea lol

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:55 am

Serious_Much wrote:hehe, you're right rooster, i guess i'm just arguing on principle..

I'd like personally not something to reallocate your statpoints, as that is too easy.. maybe something that can reduce your toon's level back to base at the cost of all your souls, or have a boss that can drain levels again, that was a pretty awesome idea lol

+1, that would work for me! lol. Anything to cut down on some time, maybe your character has to beat NG++ to change stats, or maybe you can only change so much. Or like you said, a certain situation where your stats are stolen or you have to give up half your stats to change them. Idk, anything to keep the legit people here! I dont wanna leave! sad

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:02 am

yeah rooster, a way to delevel yourself would be great, but having a penalty for it would balance it nicely, and having harsh penalties or requirements to be able to readjust or restart your build is definitely in FROM's style too

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:08 am

Thats it. Making a new petition! silly

Btw @ Knight, wasnt taking a jab at you for being 17 (I actually was too not THAT long ago), just meant that you dont have the experience in that particular area, as I'm sure there some aspect of your life that I know little or nothing about and cant really comment. But anyways no ill will meant my friend.

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:15 am

oh god, another petition lol

you know knight isn't actually 17.. at least unless he explicitly said he was.. he's just got 17 rep silly

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:22 am

Oh...... wellllll you didnt see that! lmao! Its def my bed time! Ignore everything I said Knight, pretend you didnt see it Serious, goodnight fellas!

One thing out of all this is for certain, we are all very pationate about our DKS!

Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:32 am

ROOSTER330 wrote:Oh...... wellllll you didnt see that! lmao! Its def my bed time! Ignore everything I said Knight, pretend you didnt see it Serious, goodnight fellas!

One thing out of all this is for certain, we are all very pationate about our DKS!

Yeh ive just came back and read this.

Sorry, but i've lost alot of respect for you now, regardless of whatever argument or debate we happen to be having, if you were willing to turn around and pull the "I'm older than you" card on me when there's a high chance you're probably not. Besides, even if i was 17 how would you know how my country runs? Nah mate. bya.

XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Tldr after 2nd page , I've made several lvl 120 builds and farming the souls and gear for it is easy the ppl who whine about a world without bb glitch annoy me its just not THAT hard to remake builds
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:23 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    ROOSTER330 wrote:Oh...... wellllll you didnt see that! lmao! Its def my bed time! Ignore everything I said Knight, pretend you didnt see it Serious, goodnight fellas!

Sorry, but i've lost alot of respect for you now, regardless of whatever argument or debate we happen to be having, if you were willing to turn around and pull the "I'm older than you" card on me when there's a high chance you're probably not. Besides, even if i was 17 how would you know how my country runs? Nah mate. bya.

Did you even read my post? I was wrong thinking you where 17, was real late for me and thought your rep was your age silly. But i only said anything about your age because you compared the bb argument to changing jobs and starting over, me (incorrectly) thinking you are 17 implied that you prob dont have the experience in that area to make that comparison. Was a bad comparison in my opinion, I also said in a later post tbat I didnt mean the previous post to sound like I was down grading you for your age.

I have no ill will, everyone has their opinion bro, if you dont like mine and dont want to read everything i have to say before judging me, nothing i can do about that. You lost respect for me, justified or not, thats cool, Im still going to try my best to respect you.

And like me and serious said , no point in arguing about this lol, its a done deal anyway.

Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:47 pm

ROOSTER330 wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:

Did you even read my post? I was wrong thinking you where 17, was real late for me and thought your rep was your age silly. But i only said anything about your age because you compared the bb argument to changing jobs and starting over, me (incorrectly) thinking you are 17 implied that you prob dont have the experience in that area to make that comparison. Was a bad comparison in my opinion, I also said in a later post tbat I didnt mean the previous post to sound like I was down grading you for your age.

I have no ill will, everyone has their opinion bro, if you dont like mine and dont want to read everything i have to say before judging me, nothing i can do about that. You lost respect for me, justified or not, thats cool, Im still going to try my best to respect you.

And like me and serious said , no point in arguing about this lol, its a done deal anyway.

Nope. Read everything you said. Understood it perfectly. I direct you to my previous post -

"you were willing to turn around and pull the "I'm older than you" card on me"

"how would you know how my country runs?"

Yup.

ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:39 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    ROOSTER330 wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:

Nope. Read everything you said. Understood it perfectly. I direct you to my previous post -

"you were willing to turn around and pull the "I'm older than you" card on me"

"how would you know how my country runs?"

Yup.

Well my friend, Im sure you genuinely believe you understand, but sorry, you clearly do not. Again, I meant no ill will, I didnt try to down you for your age (whatever it may be), I only meant to imply that you probably dont have the experience in the work force to correct my statement. I promise you, if I had a reason to downgrade you or say something hurtful, you would know. For the last time, thats not my intent.

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:51 pm

What if FROM included a character builder for just the arena? Just select the gear you want, select your level and stats, and bam, you're in the Arena, but can't go anywhere else?

The problem, as I see it, is that there's a PvP group, and a PvE group. Getting invaded doing a legit PvE run by people with top gear is really annoying. I'm actually fine if these people run through the entire game with a low level build, and then come back to invade. But I doubt that's what they do. So the easily created BB glitched characters are interacting with legitimately made characters, and there's a definite power imbalance. So segregate them.

Last edited by IV_Mark_VI on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:53 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:What if FROM included a character builder for just the arena? Just select the gear you want, select your level and stats, and bam, you're in the Arena, but can't go anywhere else?

Mmmm yes that seems like it would be fine but it takes away the effort and reward system. Y'know, I spent a long time making builds and fine tuning characters through repeated character creation and it would take away the investment you have in your characters.

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:59 pm

That's what the BB Glich is; taking away the effort. I don't see how this would be different.

Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:01 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:That's what the BB Glich is; taking away the effort. I don't see how this would be different.

Well i'm totally against the BB glitch. So there you go big grin

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:07 pm

But it's obvious many people play this for the PvP aspect, and want a separate game outside of the PvE where they can go at it. A fighting game with customizeable characters.

The mechanics of this and the mechanics of PvE are different. So why not just clearly separate them?

Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:10 pm

Because that's not Dark souls. The PvP and PvE are not supposed to be separate. That's why you "Invade" people and not invite them to a duel. It's why you cant play with your friends through a simple invitation. It's supposed to be difficult and you're supposed to be invaded off guard etc.

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:31 pm

I realize that, but then you need to get of the BB glitch, as it makes money/items somewhat meaningless. If you do that, you have a game that's more narrow, that some of these players wouldn't enjoy.

So remove the BB Glitch, but add in a way to allow players to PvP all they want without the grinding aspect. It would make griefers less likely, and things like humanities, money, red orbs, would actually have value now.

Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:34 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:I realize that, but then you need to get of the BB glitch, as it makes money/items somewhat meaningless. If you do that, you have a game that's more narrow, that some of these players wouldn't enjoy.

So what you're saying is... that people should have a way to cheat to a high level character in seconds, otherwise all the people who aren't willing to put in the time to actually play the game properly the way it was intended would leave, and that would be bad because From would lose business.

That's just awful man. Just plain awful.

Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:38 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:But it's obvious many people play this for the PvP aspect, and want a separate game outside of the PvE where they can go at it. A fighting game with customizeable characters.

The mechanics of this and the mechanics of PvE are different. So why not just clearly separate them?

First off,

I realize that, but then you need to get of the BB glitch, as it makes money/items somewhat meaningless. If you do that, you have a game that's more narrow, that some of these players wouldn't enjoy.

So remove the BB Glitch, but add in a way to allow players to PvP all they want without the grinding aspect. It would make griefers less likely, and things like humanities, money, red orbs, would actually have value now.

Second off, in the PC version the BB Glitch is removed, and PvP through being randomly invaded has been more fun. So the whole "Add a PvP Arena/Mortal Kombat with everything unlocked" to a game where PvP and PvE are supposed to coexist, is an *ahem* EXTREMELY stupid idea. Also, you choose to make the game a "grind-fest," Dark Souls hands you all the tools you need to succeed, it's your job to actually progress. If you die, oh well too bad try again, you'll get it eventually. And you know what, if you play DkS for ONLY PvP, you clearly are playing the wrong game, go do Battlegrounds in WoW then.

Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:42 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:So remove the BB Glitch, but add in a way to allow players to PvP all they want without the grinding aspect. It would make griefers less likely, and things like humanities, money, red orbs, would actually have value now.

Another point; I dont think that would help anything.

You're effectively saying move all the griefers who bb glitch over to the arena where they can make any build they want and they should be happy. But no they wouldn't be happy. They'd be on a level playing ground, which isn't griefing. They'd get bored after a while, as would I with such a stupid arena system, and quit the game; losing from customers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:49 pm