Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
zzombieboy
dianaduh
kramage
Ghadis_God
Tristan
reim0027
Rifter7
cloudyeki
WyrmHero
RANT
Forum Pirate
RedderAI
16 posters

My Fighting Style - Fair or Unfair

RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

My Fighting Style - Fair or Unfair Empty My Fighting Style - Fair or Unfair

Post by RedderAI Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:42 pm

I was dueling today and someone kept bs phishing me. I of course lost but they said after the fight that my fighting style should be punished with BS's. I use a PGS buffed with charcoal resin, BBoP w/ poison/ large arrows, and pyro for space control. Mainly mists with a few fireballs thrown in there and a fire tempest for good measure. I didn't even use the pyro for that fight but then more people started sending me hate mail. Some suicide while others just use every dirty trick an invader can use to win. I don't BS unless it's an accident whatsoever and only heal when people fight unfairly in a duel. What are your guys' thoughts?

P.S. I am brand new here. I've been lurking for a month now. I really like this community. Tolvo, acidic, Shkar and the many other lore posters are awesome. ;D
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

My Fighting Style - Fair or Unfair Empty Re: My Fighting Style - Fair or Unfair

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:47 pm

There is no unfair unless you're hacking, griefing, or glitching in battle. I'd just poke you with a spear untill you died, but bs punishing would be my next go-to. you should probably get good at stopping them.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:47 pm

maybe theyre mistaking the pgs for a dagger and they only thing youre gonna do is bs. dont pay attention to stuff like that dude and just do your thing.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:49 pm

Your fighting style is good, ignore the noobs. Practice counter backstab, and show them how to fight without fishing. winking
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:50 pm

Welcome to the forum big grin

As for your fighting style? It's hardly unfair. More than anything they've never come across that style before and couldn't think up good counters except to fish. I used a similar style when I started forest hunting, before I picked up better tricks and figured out my gear, and using a PGS is asking for some poised-up guy to just poise bs or trying to parry you constantly.

A word about archery, if you're keeping a midrange space you're better off with a shortbow or composite, since they draw and fire faster. BBoP is alright when you're sniping from a distance, but in a duel you're gonna wanna be able to land consecutive shots with poison, and land heavy hits at the end of there rolls.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:56 pm

I just don't understand. So I should heal, bs phish, run, and gank? I don't think so pvping Like that just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I really on my skill but seems people get mad when I win without bs or healing when they throw stuff around like mad.

Also I think BBoP is good for dueling a little slow but it throws people off. I've killed quite a few people with just a now and arrow. I don't use compound bow because I have next to no strength and the short bow is just not my style idk.

My PGS is my fav weapon next to the halberd the bleed is awesome and +15 buffed makes it a beast. I only got parried about twice with that sword but they were party spammers
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:01 pm

I didn't say you should do anything except learn to stop bs attempts. You should do whatever you want, its your game.

I would recommend learning to bs though, its the best way to learn to recognise attempts.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:02 pm

Lol, I'd love to meet a party spammer. However, PGS is beastly if you can fight locked off. Give it a try sometime, you can track the fishers and punish there attempts.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:04 pm

how the hell are you getting backstabbed with a painted guardian sword?

i use the falchion and i have trouble remembering when i get bs'd with that thing..

btw use the falchion. that thing has better range.

the roll r1 is a 360 sweep, the run r1 does a uppercut with the sword and it's r2 is basically a rapiers run r1 from hell. you can change the direction of the second and first swing on a dime if you're unlocked- it's madness.

of course the r1 spam stunlocks the living crap out of everything too, but i'm sure you know that.

i personally hate the pgs r2.. a lot.

basically a combo you'd want to do with the falchion is dash r1 -> r2 unlocked and redirect as nessessary (yeah good luck backstabbing that boyo im staring right at you) and then spam r1 out of it. don't bother with the second r2 followup.

oh and never 1 hand it unless you have no choice (ie you toggled a stunlock and just went ape on them or something.)

oh and don't lock on when you're in swinging distance or running at them. just sit to the side of them a bit swing so the hits hit them at the sides. laugh when they start parrying.

oh and pull out a bigger weapon if they have a shield up- especially if they've got a spear or rapier. you'll never break their stupid guard, trust me i've tried.

Last edited by Rifter7 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:12 pm; edited 4 times in total
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:08 pm

Wait, what was cheap? I don't understand.

Welcome to the forums.
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:10 pm

You unfair- no!

Me- yes

I use miracles so that automatically tells people I am cheap.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:16 pm

I've actually been trying to fight locked off with pyro. The pyro I mainly used with mists which are great in the burg especially toxic and it's easy to aim the arc. And I tried to use the PGS sword unlocked a couple times and it helped but people's lag stab still would *** me over. I mainly play because my build is fun and effective in my eyes. So when I fight those awesome long duels it would make my day and get my heart pumping. Can anyone say adrenaline?

The r2 though is terrible. Looks cool...... But terrible. I never ever use it..... Ever.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:17 pm

You're probably good enough that they feel like they have to resort to fishing. Anyway, PGS is great at cancelling bs, just unlock and swing 2h to your side and back when the opponent tries circling you. Also, it sounds like you have an interesting build, so keep at it.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:21 pm

dude go get the falchion NOW!

seriously, anyone with a weapon the similar size and speed as yours becomes your *****. that little demon will overpower anything except a rapier behind a shield.

and you really really need that dash r1 - r2 combo or else you just aren't being aggressive enough with the weapon. just switch, trust me.

also, if you really want to get people with toxic or poison throw some dung pies and poison kunais in your quickslot and barf that mist on them after you backstab them. first off they're already in the thick of it, so just backpeddle to avoid a roll stab on wakeup and then charge at them in the mist with your new falchions dash combo.

oh before i forget stack your bleed resists too. just incase someone tries to r1 showdown you can survive the bleedout and stunlock them instead. 200+ is a good number to hit, i usually try for 210-230.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:28 pm

The falchion is a bit predictable in my eyes. I realize its strengths, but beside that combo you mentioned (I'm too much of a careful player to try and punish dash attacks, I evade since they're so easy to dodge) all one can really do with one is to run up to the opponent and spam r1. I'm no good at parrying them, but it's easy to punish anyway. I actually prefer Quelaag's; with 40/40 and 10 humanity it hits pretty respectably with mostly fire damage, which is great against turtles, and it has extra range to boot. Not to mention the psychological effect the fire animation has, along with it, I think, throwing off the enemy's parries. It's a really underestimated weapon, most people just make one without upgrading it for PvE their first run through, but it has so much potential.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:28 pm

and when you have that thing.. and you run into people with 0 poise..

all you're going to be saying to yourself is "i'm so sorry.. you're about to get raped" and you'll literally kill them in one r1 volley after they get hit with the dash r1-r2 combo. toggling the falchions stunlock is freaking tough once it digs in.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:29 pm

My stats are:

Vit - 45
    Att - 28
    End - 40
    Str - 30
    Dex - 40
    Res - 12
    Int - 11
    Fai - 8

I also have the elite knight armor set all +9 except chest which is +10. I use the grass crest shield, fully ascended pyro glove, +15 PGS and +15 BBoP. My rings are the wolf ring and DWGR. Its totally built towards pvp pre-DLC. I like my build. What do you guys think?

P.S. I know Niven monkey is easier but I only have mobile so this is sort of a chore. silly
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:30 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:The falchion is a bit predictable in my eyes. I realize its strengths, but beside that combo you mentioned (I'm too much of a careful player to try and punish dash attacks, I evade since they're so easy to dodge) all one can really do with one is to run up to the opponent and spam r1. I'm no good at parrying them, but it's easy to punish anyway. I actually prefer Quelaag's; with 40/40 and 10 humanity it hits pretty respectably with mostly fire damage, which is great against turtles, and it has extra range to boot. Not to mention the psychological effect the fire animation has, along with it, I think, throwing off the enemy's parries. It's a really underestimated weapon, most people just make one without upgrading it for PvE their first run through, but it has so much potential.

well i use a claymore too.. i like to smash them once with a run r1 or something and if i can't catch them in my claymore combos and i see theyre starting to escape i switch to the falchion to hunt them down.

the thing with the claymore is it basically takes a dump on their poise bar, so if you switch to the falchion fast enough the first hit stunlocks them and you can continue your rapist combo.

pure aggression.

but you're right, if someone starts to kite you and can get the range you're done.
    good thing i only duel in the bug happy
    kramage
    kramage
    Casual
    Casual

Post by kramage Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:21 am

nah, your style is fine and "different" which is good too see. My build is currently tuned towards hammers. Specifically the DGH since it looks kinda like the Bramd, my fav weapon in DS. It just sounds like people dont know how to react to your attacks and are getting annoyed because they dont know how to punish you. Personally I don't bs unless I see them fishing for it.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:02 am

unless you're not glitching or ganking everything is fine
    you shouldnt be worried about what people think its honest or not, do what you feel is honest, people have different opinions here, some may even think youre not fair because they cant beat you
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:44 pm

So far I exchanged my PGS for a falchion and my BBoP for a compound. So far it's helped immensely. I rarely get back stabbed anymore but I still have problems with spears and katana users. the lag pokes just kill my build; only if they know how to use and buff their katana or something though. Alhough DSS and DS are cheap in pvp to my eyes. Only my opinion though.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:55 am

u need to either be really good at backstep dodging or fighting unlocked with the falchion vs katanas.

beware of their backstep r1 and r1 to roll out. they can escape the moment their katana hits something.
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:25 am

RantFromRant wrote:maybe theyre mistaking the pgs for a dagger and they only thing youre gonna do is bs. dont pay attention to stuff like that dude and just do your thing.

This. PGS could easily be mistaken for Bandit's Knife when it's buffed. When I used to RP a Painting Guardian with DMB on the PGS I used to get people crying at me for buffing the Bandit's Knife and fishing...despite the fact that I was even wearing the full PG set Shrug

Some people just cant stand losing, don't worry about. I've had so many people using racial and homophobic slurs in messages over XBL because of this game. It's a tad pathetic really.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:07 pm

People who fish for lagstabs really ruins pvp for me. Lag in general does. People who use it to their advantage and doing things such as what I mentioned before just suck. Period. I do love the pvp at the same time especially when I get those very long matches with no heals, that just makes my day. =D

I have done no pyro for a majority of my matches now and only use it to spam GC against other spammers of said spell. Or toxic mist for mind games lol. I have used only my bow and falchion so far and the pvp is amazing. I literally sat for HOURS yesterday and just played and played and played. Any suggestions for optimizing my build for pvp?

P.S. I switched out my gauntlets for havels for the poise and my helm for MoC for stamina. I dodge and NEVER block so I NEED that regen with being aggressive two-handing a falchion. So far I'm in love.

P.S.S. I always fight with my falchion unlocked and it's been working wonders. Also people REALLY don't like bow and arrows lol.

Last edited by RedderAI on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just wanted to add something. ^_^)
    martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:22 pm

As long as you are not using glitches during PvP or ganking, there is no such thing as unfair pvp imo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:30 am