Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Garl Vinland

Mikhail

Garl Vinland Empty Garl Vinland

Post by Mikhail Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:40 pm

So I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this yes, or if its even something worth noticing. But in Demon's souls, Garl Vinland has an armor set made of dark silver. In Dark Soul's, Lord's blade Ciaren has a dagger made of dark silver. The two of them also have helmets that look very similar. Not sure if this means that the universes in the two games are actually the same and are tied together in a subtle way, or if its just another spiritual throwback to Demon's souls. There are other signs like this that I had heard other people talking about like king Jeremiah and the old monk, but I had just noticed this one. Wonder what people's thoughts are.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Garl Vinland Empty Re: Garl Vinland

Post by DoughGuy Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:45 pm

The worlds are in no way connected, they are completely separate.
    Mikhail

Post by Mikhail Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:06 pm

Its gotta at least be just a spiritual throwback then, I'd have a hard time believing that's just coincidence.
    e82
    Casual
    Casual

Post by e82 Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:43 pm

From software likes to put various lore throw-back/tie-ins into their various games.

Seath appears in Kings Field, 'Moonlight' appears in a few ways - Large Sword of Moonlight from Demon's Souls, also in KF. They even released the 'Sword of Moonlight' software for creating Kings Field-type games. I recall finding a post awhile ago drawing lore parallels/themes/throw backs between the various FROM titles.

Then there is say, the fact that Patches returns and is up to his same old tricks.

I think it's more just From software giving a few nods to their large back-catalog of history/lore of their various games.
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:27 pm

You guys called for a Garlstrike!?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:39 am