Games that surprised you! (can be good or bad)

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Re: Games that surprised you! (can be good or bad)

Post by Tolvo on Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:36 am

Oh no, as I said nothing announced. I just think it would be a neat idea, I really love Nintendo and what they always manage. I just think the possibilities with that controler as a standard could provide for some fun games, till Playstation Move-U comes out that is.

I always wanted a local split screen Animal Crossing, that's the thing I've always wanted out of the series. So me and a friend could sit in the same room doing stupid stuff and giving gifts to blue chickens named Hector.
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:04 am

Good: Dark Souls/ Demon's Souls, Bayonetta and Nier

Bad: Skyrim, Oblivion, and Batman: Arkham City
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:41 pm

Good:
    Skyrim: While i knew this game had to be good i just couldn't imagine the awesomeness that was Skyrim. Love it.

Dark Souls: Although i was uncertain at first, the only thing that got to me was the fact that there were Scythes. Seriously, that was the only thing. But when i found out there weren't too many of them, my interest instantly vanished. To cut things short, me and a friend went to a game store, saw it, felt like 'wth why not? Shrug '' bought it, loved it. Although i NEVER use scythes...so...yeah.

Bad:
    Brink: I was really hyped for this game, the trailer looked awesome, the gameplay vids released, everything looked amazing...but...it was nothing like i expected it to be. I do still play it at times, it's just not what i expected though.

Soulcalibur 5: One of the first game series i started playing(not the first, just one of the first). I was kind of disappointed with the 4th installment to begin with, but even then, i was really looking forward to everything, but, yeah. Just like Brink i still pay it. Look Skyward

Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:40 pm

Oh right Bad: bioshock/2 I'd only heard good things about it but it not only failed to scare me or creep me out, it failed entirely to hold my interest. Seriously, I really expected to love the games, it just didn't happen.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:43 pm

Dark Souls: After killing my interest completely in fps's for a while I was searching for a few good rpgs with characters that can be customized I can say that the gameplay dragged me in much more than the customization options on the character. (Besides half the time I'm undead it doesn't matter)

Super Mario Sunshine: First Mario game I had ever played and holy crap I put more hours into this than I did into any other game at the time. 200 hours of playing later I discovered Zelda and my love for rpgs rocketed.

Call of Duty 3: I had originally got into call of duty through the first modern warfare, but when it got to the 2nd one I gave up on the series. (Funny thing is I still play mw2)A year later I came across Call of Duty 3 and the Big Red One and I loved them more than any of the others I played.

Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:51 am

First the bad:
    Final Fantasy 8 when it first came out. After playing 7 and loving the materia setup and hunting weapons I couldn't get used to switching parties between the main and sub plot ones. Felt the story lacked the tragic aspect that made me love 7.

The good:
    Final Fantasy 8 a couple years ago when I installed an emulator on my vaio and decided to play 7 through 9 again. With a more mature and objective mindset I felt Cloud was cliche and unpolished. The love interest not fully developed and dare I say, Sephiroth wasn't very original. 8 on the other hand was much more complete in character development, story arc, love interest and overall atmosphere. The gameplay I had lamented wasn't much like 7 I now thought was superior. The turn based I was used to with a hint of skill based timing to put a little pep in. So I will take the controversial stance and say 8 is way better than 7 after all.

Another good surprise was Vagrant Story. So good I'm still sad there was never more

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:01 pm