Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Baal-Avatar
Tolvo
Massiren
Juutas
SlakeMoth
Forum Pirate
DoughGuy
SEANB240
Wilkinson3424
ViralEnsign_
bloodpixel
Wade_Wilson
IceIfrit666
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Dubscythe
19 posters

Games that surprised you! (can be good or bad)

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Games that surprised you! (can be good or bad) - Page 2 Empty Re: Games that surprised you! (can be good or bad)

Post by Tolvo Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:36 am

Oh no, as I said nothing announced. I just think it would be a neat idea, I really love Nintendo and what they always manage. I just think the possibilities with that controler as a standard could provide for some fun games, till Playstation Move-U comes out that is.

I always wanted a local split screen Animal Crossing, that's the thing I've always wanted out of the series. So me and a friend could sit in the same room doing stupid stuff and giving gifts to blue chickens named Hector.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Games that surprised you! (can be good or bad) - Page 2 Empty Re: Games that surprised you! (can be good or bad)

Post by RNsunbro Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:04 am

Good: Dark Souls/ Demon's Souls, Bayonetta and Nier

Bad: Skyrim, Oblivion, and Batman: Arkham City
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:41 pm

Good:
    Skyrim: While i knew this game had to be good i just couldn't imagine the awesomeness that was Skyrim. Love it.

Dark Souls: Although i was uncertain at first, the only thing that got to me was the fact that there were Scythes. Seriously, that was the only thing. But when i found out there weren't too many of them, my interest instantly vanished. To cut things short, me and a friend went to a game store, saw it, felt like 'wth why not? Shrug '' bought it, loved it. Although i NEVER use scythes...so...yeah.

Bad:
    Brink: I was really hyped for this game, the trailer looked awesome, the gameplay vids released, everything looked amazing...but...it was nothing like i expected it to be. I do still play it at times, it's just not what i expected though.

Soulcalibur 5: One of the first game series i started playing(not the first, just one of the first). I was kind of disappointed with the 4th installment to begin with, but even then, i was really looking forward to everything, but, yeah. Just like Brink i still pay it. Look Skyward
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:40 pm

Oh right Bad: bioshock/2 I'd only heard good things about it but it not only failed to scare me or creep me out, it failed entirely to hold my interest. Seriously, I really expected to love the games, it just didn't happen.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:43 pm

Dark Souls: After killing my interest completely in fps's for a while I was searching for a few good rpgs with characters that can be customized I can say that the gameplay dragged me in much more than the customization options on the character. (Besides half the time I'm undead it doesn't matter)

Super Mario Sunshine: First Mario game I had ever played and holy crap I put more hours into this than I did into any other game at the time. 200 hours of playing later I discovered Zelda and my love for rpgs rocketed.

Call of Duty 3: I had originally got into call of duty through the first modern warfare, but when it got to the 2nd one I gave up on the series. (Funny thing is I still play mw2)A year later I came across Call of Duty 3 and the Big Red One and I loved them more than any of the others I played.

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:51 am

First the bad:
    Final Fantasy 8 when it first came out. After playing 7 and loving the materia setup and hunting weapons I couldn't get used to switching parties between the main and sub plot ones. Felt the story lacked the tragic aspect that made me love 7.

The good:
    Final Fantasy 8 a couple years ago when I installed an emulator on my vaio and decided to play 7 through 9 again. With a more mature and objective mindset I felt Cloud was cliche and unpolished. The love interest not fully developed and dare I say, Sephiroth wasn't very original. 8 on the other hand was much more complete in character development, story arc, love interest and overall atmosphere. The gameplay I had lamented wasn't much like 7 I now thought was superior. The turn based I was used to with a hint of skill based timing to put a little pep in. So I will take the controversial stance and say 8 is way better than 7 after all.

Another good surprise was Vagrant Story. So good I'm still sad there was never more

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:48 pm