Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
reim0027
bloodpixel
passivefamiliar
DoughGuy
oregonav8r
Phantasmio
Ghadis_God
dianaduh
lordgodofhell
Azran
ViralEnsign_
Tolvo
LordRevan
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Juutas
SunlightCrusader
Spurgun
PaPaSmVrf
TehInfamousAmos
Lord of Ash
24 posters

END OF THREAD THANKS FOR POSTING (Lock please)

Poll

Do you fight with honor or to survive by any means

[ 21 ]
    END OF THREAD THANKS FOR POSTING (Lock please) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap66%END OF THREAD THANKS FOR POSTING (Lock please) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [66%] 
    [ 11 ]
    END OF THREAD THANKS FOR POSTING (Lock please) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap34%END OF THREAD THANKS FOR POSTING (Lock please) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [34%] 

Total Votes: 32
    Poll closed
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

END OF THREAD THANKS FOR POSTING (Lock please) - Page 3 Empty Re: END OF THREAD THANKS FOR POSTING (Lock please)

Post by DoughGuy Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:46 am

Ganking is not survival, because when you gank you are putting yourself at risk. I think some people are confused about what ganking is. If you are summoned for co-op, and are on the way to the boss when the person is invaded and you both attack that isnt ganking, thats you killing an invader. Ganking is when you deliberatedly summon 1 or 2 phantoms and wait around for invaders to kill. Thats not surviving, thats hunting.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

END OF THREAD THANKS FOR POSTING (Lock please) - Page 3 Empty Re: END OF THREAD THANKS FOR POSTING (Lock please)

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:56 am

Im agreed on this one. Ganking is the least notable for of survival play. And dirty fighting doesnt mean Ill run around Chain stabbing you and what not.

If honour is a certain play style by which you dont BS, you dont heal, and you dont spam, and relying on straight up combat ability and luck

then survival is making use of the games mechanics so as to achieve victory, healing when necessary, using a BS to punish a stupid move, and using the environment to your advantage.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:53 am

Ganking cant be rhe leasty notable way since it a VERY common practice
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:08 am

Umm, both? I do to others only what I would have done to myself, but that is no holds barred doing whatever it takes to come out on top.

I prize personal combat skill, so I don't gank or item heal unless they do and I only fight alone, as healing/groups are easy to get reliant on, but those still arn't rules, I heal/gank if I know my opponent has done so , in that fight or a previous fight, and believe stealth is a legit tactic.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:15 am

I can respest that eye for an eye mentality
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:29 am

Its not really an eye for an eye though, its not revenge. Unless they have 99 divine blessings (i do just in case i meet someone who does) I don't begrudge them healing if they think they can pull it of. I won't let them if I can help it no, and I'll then heal if I believe I can get away with it.

Its not as revenge though, as I said those tactics are easy for me to get reliant on so I rephrain so that I may stay sharp.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:37 am

Ok Ok very similar to how I play clean til they get dirty then no mercy Shazit healing doesnt even bother me as long as they dont do it after every hit ill even back off and let the heal once or twice just to prolong the fight I LOVE WHEN BOTH OUR HEALTH IS ONE HIT FROM DEAD AND We try to get the edge on oneanother its EXcITING
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:24 pm

I'm not very good at PvP, although I love to jump in the ring anyway just to test my mettle. For the most part if I get invaded, I will backtrack a little and give it an honorable try. But it's so hard to know whether the invader is a d-bag or not until they start doing something stupid. I gave up trying to fight anyone unless I have a 25% roll, due to all the backstabs. Best fight I ever had was in Demon's Souls once. I had a level 125 dex character, which was tough to build because of the rarity of pure Bladestone. Lasted about 8 min before I beat the guy.

I've actually found myself getting help from invaders afterward, if it was a good fight. Especially around the big four bosses.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:35 am

Holy **** they havent locked this yet wow Ill give it a day or to then ill change the title to resolved thank every one for posting
    zasmyenok
    zasmyenok

Post by zasmyenok Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:51 am

I go for Honor, because I get more enjoyment out of PVP that way. It's just boring to constantly heal, backstab fish, etc etc. I don't care if my opponent goes for Survival (seems to me most Darkwraiths tend to do Survival, at least on Xbox anyway...) I just PVP for fun, the win is secondary, so I don't care if others want to use 'cheap' tactics. The thing that makes me mad are the people who disconnect right after they lose. It's awesome when I get another Honor invader - I always send a good message after the fight no matter who won:)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 am