Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Doelker
skarekrow13
fearandwhiskey
deathsdragon
gammlesvarte
Tolvo
Robotech
Ieyfura
SlakeMoth
13 posters

I just can't do it!

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

I just can't do it! Empty I just can't do it!

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:18 am

I've checked the wiki for advice on what to do before you meet Gwyn in the kiln and go to Newgame+. One of the things they tell you to do is kill all the NPC's.

This may seem lame but I don't think I can bring myself to do it, especially the Blacksmiths. Dear old Andrei, the gentle Giant in Anor Londo. O.K. maybe I'll waste that arrogant Vilhelm guy in New Londo ruins and Vamos because he's not exactly friendly but amongst the other NPC's, there's only Patches and the snivelling merchant in the Undead Burg (and even he's got a pet 'mop' or something) that I've really taken exception to.

Does anyone else fell the same or am I just a wuss? (Yes, o.k., I'm just a wuss)
    Ieyfura
    Ieyfura

I just can't do it! Empty Re: I just can't do it!

Post by Ieyfura Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:27 am

I see no reason to harm any of the non-hostile PCs unless there are any that you flat out dislike. I usually tend to RP a bit in my head when I play Souls games though, so depending on my character, they may or may not kill NPCs. I only have one character on Dark Souls, who is "good", so the NPCs shall remain alive, even when I go to finish the game. So no, it's not just you. silly
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:29 am

You dont have to kill anyone if you dont want to. The wiki suggests killing them so you get humanity or some unique items that they drop, like the blacksmith's hammers for example. If you 're going for the trophy you will need all weapons, if you really dont care about the trophy - like i did- let them live. Most of them drop small amounts of souls, and the humanity they drop you can get easily by farming anyway. Up to you!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:37 am

I got this same advice before finishing my first playthrough, I decided to kill the White Witch first for a firekeeper soul. I wanted to check if there was any dialogue I missed so I equipped the Witch ring and talked to her. I left her alive for what I believe is obvious reasons, I just couldn't do it. I'm too damn nice. Patches though...I obliterated him with Chaos Fire.
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:14 pm

same im not killing any non hostile npc untill im forced to do so like the guy you rescuse from his cell at the first bell
    deathsdragon
    deathsdragon
    Regular
    Regular

Post by deathsdragon Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:19 pm

Opposite here, my first play through was horrid since I killed all NPCs on first meet twisted
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:20 pm

deathsdragon wrote:Opposite here, my first play through was horrid since I killed all NPCs on first meet twisted

you evil evil person what had they done to you :silent:
    deathsdragon
    deathsdragon
    Regular
    Regular

Post by deathsdragon Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:22 pm

gammlesvarte wrote:
    deathsdragon wrote:Opposite here, my first play through was horrid since I killed all NPCs on first meet twisted

you evil evil person what had they done to you :silent:

All it took was a look, but boy oh boy did I have a wtf moment when I couldn't really upgrade any good stuff or Summon Solaire for my first Smough & Ornsein battle sad
    fearandwhiskey
    fearandwhiskey
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fearandwhiskey Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:33 pm

Robotech wrote:You dont have to kill anyone if you dont want to. The wiki suggests killing them so you get humanity or some unique items that they drop, like the blacksmith's hammers for example. If you 're going for the trophy you will need all weapons, if you really dont care about the trophy - like i did- let them live. Most of them drop small amounts of souls, and the humanity they drop you can get easily by farming anyway. Up to you!

Just FYI, you don't need the blacksmith hammers for the unique weapons trophy. I've never killed any of the blacksmiths. I wouldn't mind killing Vamos, but no way could I bring myself to kill Andre or the giant. I love them both. happy

You do need the crescent axe that Patches drops, but I think you can buy it from him. I don't mind killing Patches, though. Patches, Petrus, Lautrec, sometimes Oswald--I try to let the other npcs live.

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:52 pm

I have difficulty killing a few but I like killing Gwynevere. That girl is just SO fake!
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:40 pm

Don't kill them if you don't want to, but what I would suggest you to do is to stole the hunanities from them using the dark hand and that eon't turn them hostile... And actually you just can do it with some npc's though.
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:51 pm

I have only ever killed Petrus and Shiva (& bodyguard of course) and I felt like $h!t every time. Can't imagine killing the others but I imagine I will at least have to man up & kill the firekeepers before going to ng+, which will be happening very soon.
    Blazefury
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:50 am

I'm playing as a Sephiroth cosplay. Which means I'm killing Rhea in the most fantastic and spectacular way possible.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:54 am

damn no ledges handy. no plunging attack... oh well. the only npc i've ever felt bad about killing was quelaan while having the witch ring on.... *sob*
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:52 am

You know what I've just read has restored my faith in humanity and gives lie to the belief that games can turn people into wanton killers. Well played.

Confession - I have killed Patches, The Undead Merchant, Big Hat Logan's sidekick (felt terrible,hated myself, quite rightly) Oswald of Karim and the Firekeeper in Anor Londo but only because she attacked me after I killed Dark Gwyndolen. I feel awful. No more wanton slaughter of NPC's for me.
    LordZaibek
    LordZaibek

Post by LordZaibek Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:46 am

I always kill shiva & bodyguard, Patches, chain mail guy, Lautric, Petrus and the magic sidekick. Petrus definitely deserves it though. I spent several hours making a Dex/Faith build and he ended up killing Rhea before I bought WoG off of her. Now I'm at a distinct disadvantage in PvP.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:03 am