World Tendency

Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

World Tendency

Post by Seignar on Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:19 am

A little something we haven't really talked about from previous DeS players. The loss of World Tendency that allowed players to challenge themselves more easily. Course we got that ring and Gravelords, but Tendency was worse than Gravelords.

What do you think? Do you like or dislike the loss of Tendency and the replacement of the Gravelord covenant or (if you're new to the concept) would you have preferred a World Tendency system?

For those who do not know:

Spoiler:
    Tendency was a system in DeS where the game would get harder or easier depending on how well or how badly you played. If you got hit with Pure Black Tendency, you'd wish you got Gravelord'. The tendency was also key to unlocking some items, particularly powerful weapons.

It worked like this:

+3 = Lower Soul drop/ Ore drop rate decreased / *Healing* item drop rates increased (Does not apply in Dks as much); Special Event / NPC appears / Damage increase while "Hollow"
    +2 = Lower Soul drop/ Ore drop rate decreased/ /*Healing* item drop rates increased (Does not apply in Dks as much) Damage increase while "Hollow"
    +1 = Lower Soul drop/ Ore drop rate decreased/ *Healing* item drop rates increased (Does not apply in Dks as much) / Damage increase while "Hollow"
    +0 = Nothing
    -1 = Stronger enemies / Higher soul drop / Increased drop rate of RARE items
    -2 = Stronger enemies / Higher Soul drop / Black Phantoms arrive / Increased drop rate of RARE items
    -3 = Secret demon (Special Soul) / stronger enemies/ Higher soul drop / Increased drop rate of RARE items
    -4 = Stronger enemies/ Higher soul drop/ Special Event / Increased drop rate of RARE items/ NPC Black Phantoms (They are no joke)

*Note: Repeated statements are stacking effects...

The tendency went + each time you beat a boss. It went - each time you died in "Human" form. There are other factors, but this is the simplest things.

...and to spark old memories:
    Fat Official Sandwich!
    YOU DIED!

Personally, we should have kept a black tendency (Cause they were awesome).

reim0027

Re: World Tendency

Post by reim0027 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:24 am

Not a fan of world tendency. It was too hard to manipulate (going white), and the servers would reset it. It encouraged people to play offline when they needed white tendency.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf on Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:09 am

I don't miss WT one bit, there were weapons I always wanted but never got due to that stupid White WT :evil:

And the wisdom of the elderly.

PSN: Arrmorcore
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh on Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:22 am

I hate manipulating world tendency, that's why I like it more than the Gravelord.
    its just harder and more challenging. Although, as reim said, people would just play offline
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:00 am

Just like the Gravelord concept, world tendency is a good concept but in practical terms it did not function or as some have said it was hard to manage.

I think using the gravelord convenant to bring a type of tendency (not necessarily the same) was a good a idea which again was not implemented well. They need to fix, or polish the implementation better for the next souls game.
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:09 am

i agree i disliked world tendency because it was a pain to get it the way you wanted. Although i dislike that humanity gives you more defense. I feel that is just a bad game mechanic, cause you gain quite a bit of defense from 99humanity. So you basically need to farm a lot or win a lot, i just dislike that. I think it should just increase status resistance, like at 99 it would be really hard to bleed or get poisoned/toxic. I am curious as to what they plan on doing in the next game.
    X-government-agent
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by X-government-agent on Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:01 am

world tendency was good idea but didn't work properly and grave lording has happened to me once in hundreds of hours of play so that is just as useless really

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:49 am

I actually liked world tendency. I didn't find it to challenging trying to manipulate PBWT or PWWT. I thought it was an interesting concept and brought a unique sort of gameplay mechanic.
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain on Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:04 pm

I remember when I first started playing demons people kept killing themselves in the nexus. I thought there might be something to this and started jumping of the stairs to see what would happen. It wasn't until I summond someone and asked them about it. They tried to explain world tendency, it took awhile to figure out and to really manipulate it you have to be offline. I think it was a good idea it just could have been implemented better.

PSN Shubgoaroth

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:37 am