Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

help with a hornet build? SPOILERS

Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

help with a hornet build? SPOILERS Empty help with a hornet build? SPOILERS

Post by Tristan Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:59 pm

Trying to prepare for the new content so I was going to make a build that uses leo and hornet ring to max an overly aggressive fighting style.

My build was going to be Abyss GS/Tracer Swords when dlc hits the ps3. Maybe a bow. I need to practice my bs and parry though. Drop suggestions to play with until then?

I managed to get the correct weight/stats I'll be using for the dlc build.

http://tinyurl.com/9x8c8os

Last edited by Tristan on Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dragon Slayer Ornstein
    Dragon Slayer Ornstein
    Casual
    Casual

help with a hornet build? SPOILERS Empty Re: help with a hornet build? SPOILERS

Post by Dragon Slayer Ornstein Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:02 am

Tristan wrote:Trying to prepare for the new content so I was going to make a build that uses leo and hornet ring to max an overly aggressive fighting style.

My build was going to be Abyss GS/Tracer Swords when dlc hits the ps3. Maybe a bow. I need to practice my bs and parry though. Drop suggestions to play with until then?

I managed to get the correct weight/stats I'll be using for the dlc build.

http://tinyurl.com/9x8c8os

I will say this, in order to make use of the Leo Ring effectively, you'll need good poise, remember that the Leo Ring only works if you attack an enemy while THEY are in their attack animation, basically as soon as their attack hits you, you have a really short space of time to make use of it.

So you're likely to get hit a few times if you want to use it, but it does add extra damage of course.

Remember, the Leo Ring does NOT affect Critical Hits (backstab and Riposte).

More great information here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X34Txlcgrlo&feature=plcp
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:15 am

Why not run this style build: http://tinyurl.com/99b9j2u

It will wear the snickering top hat when DLC comes out, it has enough poise to tank a hit from most things and the two weapons are perfect for a leo ring build. You can also find yourself menu swapping the bow for some pyromancies and you have 30 faith if you do want to have a buff.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:51 am

Damn you tiny URL

http://tinyurl.com/92yevkc

This is my leo build its probably the funnest build I have ever made....its not just a leo build he can do and use a lot....the rapier is a nice choice since the hornets isn't really usable since you need some poise to tank...with the rapier without hornets you can still deal good dmg!

Since your looking for a new arena build you would obviously turn this into a 150 build....you can drop END and get 30 faith then those counters will hurt like hell!!

Last edited by reim0027 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Minified URL)
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:06 pm

Neither of the weapons you posted the tracer or abyss sword will make use out of the Leo ring.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:13 pm

^^ and this I was wondering the same thing lol!
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:11 pm

I thought the leo ring boosted riposte damasge. If it doesnm't then I can drop that.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:25 pm

Tristan wrote:I thought the leo ring boosted riposte damasge. If it doesnm't then I can drop that.

nope only boosts damage of thrust weapons (rapiers, spears, the R2 of Balder Side Sword, R2 of Uchi/Washing pole, ect...) when they land during the animation of your opponents attack.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:17 pm