Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Dubscythe
ROOSTER330
DoughGuy
SlakeMoth
8 posters

Darksiders- Harder than Dark Souls?

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Darksiders- Harder than Dark Souls? Empty Darksiders- Harder than Dark Souls?

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:25 am

After reading some posts on this forum where people were enthusing about the first Darksiders, I decided to give it a go. I've just reached the first boss Tiamat and it's kicking my derriere all over the place. In fact I'm finding this battle as hard as any in Dark Souls (except maybe Orny & Smough) and getting to it was no picnic. To get the last sword which opened the way to the boss you had to fight three sets of enemies one after another and, even though I've completed Dark Souls, it was a tough call for me.

Anyone else played Darksiders and think the same way?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Darksiders- Harder than Dark Souls? Empty Re: Darksiders- Harder than Dark Souls?

Post by DoughGuy Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:29 am

Wow I feel bad lol, I'm progressing so slowly in it. I'm at that fight vs 3 waves of enemies right now and I only just lost against the last wave. Honestly I died from getting hit for a small amount of damage everytime I dashed. I don't think its harder though.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Darksiders- Harder than Dark Souls? Empty Re: Darksiders- Harder than Dark Souls?

Post by ROOSTER330 Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:45 am

Friend of mine literally burned right through darksiders 1 and is beating 2 now. He tried dark souls and couldnt get anywhere and gave up.

One of my brothers can beat Everyone (except me happy ) at any sports game made, but failed horribly at Skyrim.

So I say this to say that people are good at diff types of games in my experience, some are just good at near everything, some have kryptonite games. Maybe darksiders is yours....

Most people on here are gamers and have conquered dks with ease, but most people I talk to or know cant handle the depth and difficulty.

All that said, I havnt played darksiders yet lol, might be my kryptonite too
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:07 am

DoughGuy wrote:Wow I feel bad lol, I'm progressing so slowly in it. I'm at that fight vs 3 waves of enemies right now and I only just lost against the last wave. Honestly I died from getting hit for a small amount of damage everytime I dashed. I don't think its harder though.

Yep, that's a really tough fight. I wish I could offer you some advice but in the end it's just a case of 'hangin' on in there'. That puke monster (the middle fight of the three) can really do you some damage and then you've got those two tough armour guys next. What I did was try not to open the green chest too soon. Take out the grunts first in the puke monster fight and then when you've got it on it's own, keep away from it and use the throwing blade thingy. Keep it targeted and keep chopping away. In fact the force of the blade helps stop it coming toward you. Good luck! Keep me posted on how you're doing.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:25 am

I'm pretty sure I was on no hp at the start of the fight so I had to heal lol. Its the last 2 guys hwo got me. I just couldn;t figure out if attacking with chaoseater or using the force blade (I love how it gets rid of the puke guys toxic) was best for removing their armour.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:53 am

It kinda depends. In Darksiders you have no real reliable way to heal yourself effectively, just little bits from smaller enemies and grabs (If I'm not mistaken); Whereas in Dark Souls you do, but at the same time you can die in an instant to normal mobs if you make a mistake.

When it comes to bosses, it may just be because you're not used to their patterns yet and don't know the tricks to beating them. That can't really compare to Dark Souls with which you already have much experience with those bosses.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:15 pm

DoughGuy wrote:I'm pretty sure I was on no hp at the start of the fight so I had to heal lol. Its the last 2 guys hwo got me. I just couldn;t figure out if attacking with chaoseater or using the force blade (I love how it gets rid of the puke guys toxic) was best for removing their armour.

When you die you get all your HP back, so it's worth conserving any healing stuff you've bought as long as possible and if you haven't got any then I should go see Vulgrim or whatever he's called to get some. You'll definitely need some for the Boss because there are no chests in the arena (maybe I shouldn't have told you that but it isn't much of a spoiler)
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:25 pm

From what I seen, DkS is more about study and understanding enemy patterns and attacking accordingly. Darksiders is more about landing fast-paced, action combos so as to not allow oneself to get surrounded.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:52 pm

Ive finished it 5 times on the hardest difficulty and Darksiders 2 is much harder
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:13 pm

They're two very different game types. Personally games such as Darksiders I find incredibly easy, but put me in a racing game and I won't be able to win the first race on easy.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:13 pm

yep it all depends on gaming experience
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:14 pm

nsane32 wrote:Ive finished it 5 times on the hardest difficulty and Darksiders 2 is much harder

nsane you must be nsane(ly) good.

I've just beat the Bat Queen, so I guess I'm learning fast.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:31 am

Ok, I can confirm the game isnt "hard", tiamat just has stupidly large AoEs and the lock on range for the bombs is absurdly short.
    EDIT: At least her second phase is easy.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:39 pm

yea the first stage is annoying also latter there is a spider boss that will to repeated drop attacks to avoid that run around in large circles
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:51 pm

i mcpwned darksiders 2 on apocalyptic. i'm just waiting for the scar freeze patch to finish collecting everything and beat the final boss. i've got like 10 enemy deaths and f***ing 100 environmental deaths because death doesn't know how the hell to simply jump across or climb on walls apparently.

games really easy, just stay mobile and get life leaching abilities/stats.

only tough thing is learning how to play unlocked since lockon is useless and knowing how to dodge enemies patterns.

(those environmental deaths aren't even real deaths tho- he just whines like a grandpa and turns into a reaper to fly away and it spawns u where he jumped off like a madmen with a little less life.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 pm