Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Help with a Wanderer Build

QuietK

Help with a Wanderer Build Empty Help with a Wanderer Build

Post by QuietK Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:40 am

I've just started a new wanderer, and I'm having some trouble mapping out what I want with the character. However, let me start with what I'm looking at right now.

For my Covenant, I'm looking toward Forest Hunter purely for access to the Dark Wood Grain Ring. Perhaps the Ring of Fog would also be useful.

Right now I've got the Uchigatana, which with some time spent upgrading, I think will be a suitable weapon. Though what direction do I take it in? Lightning? Divine? Perhaps have my primary be lightning, with a divine one for certain situations, like facing Nito's minions.

For a ranged option, the Black Bow of Pharis looks appealing. I'm already putting a great amount of points into Dexterity, plus with the speed and maneuverability I'll have, I think I can make good use of the added range. Adding fire damage to it also looks like a good direction to take it.

For my shield, I think I'll stick with the Balder Shield. Low Strength requirement, plus pretty solid in stability. For upgrading it, I'm thinking regular + 15

For my armor, I'm looking at the Thorns set. Medium armor, good defense, plus damage just for doing my normal jumping and maneuvering crap.

For any miracle/pyromancy/ sorcery additions, I'm really open to suggestions. Though I will say that some of the sorceries from Dusk of Oolacile look appealing.As do some of the AoE Miracles. So what route would best suit a build such as this?

Finally, the stats. Dexterity and Endurance are primary, some points into strength, only enough to allow certain equipment. Some points in vitality, though it's not a primary concern. The defense here is based more on maneuverability. Then where the points go from there depends a good deal on what path I want to take concerning miracles, sorcery, or pyromancy.

I know this is just a little lengthy, but I appreciate and will consider any and all suggestions or criticisms you have to offer.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Help with a Wanderer Build Empty Re: Help with a Wanderer Build

Post by WyrmHero Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:44 am

Plan the build here and we'll do the tweaks.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls
    Opedak
    Opedak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Opedak Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:21 am

http://tinyurl.com/8qgxux9
    Fixed the link, sorry

That would be a faith version if you went with faith.
    Great lightning spear has good range, and is great for lobbing out at far targets, even if you don't know how to manually aim them.
    Two casts of WotG So you can roll in, explode, and then roll out more than three times, and thats good for gankers
    Emit force is a good source of medium range damage, working well with the rest of your spells.

I changed you from the black bow to the Darkmoon bow because it fit the faith build better, and has a fast draw time with an actually decent range. Only downside is cost of your arrows. (500 souls a piece)

I also left you with 19 levels to spare, in case yout want more attunment, or endurance, or Vit and so you can get to the level you like. You should be able to figure out what you want to do with your build at that point anyway, and know what you want.

Note, this build was built with my bias towards the awesomeness of faith builds, so sorry if its not to your liking :p
    QuietK

Post by QuietK Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:49 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/

Alright, I'm pretty happy with how this looks. The Darkmoon Covenant and Forest Hunters I'll join just for some key items, but then Warrior of Sunlight for access to Great Lightning Spear.

My final question, though, is what is a good set of armor to get to get me from my starting gear as a wanderer to the Armor of Thorns?
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:51 pm

QuietK wrote:http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/

Alright, I'm pretty happy with how this looks. The Darkmoon Covenant and Forest Hunters I'll join just for some key items, but then Warrior of Sunlight for access to Great Lightning Spear.

My final question, though, is what is a good set of armor to get to get me from my starting gear as a wanderer to the Armor of Thorns?

You didn't link correctly, at the bottom of the page should be a button that says "Minify URL", click that and then copy paste the tinyurl here.
    QuietK

Post by QuietK Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:36 pm

Dubscythe wrote:
    QuietK wrote:http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/

You didn't link correctly, at the bottom of the page should be a button that says "Minify URL", click that and then copy paste the tinyurl here.

http://tinyurl.com/8hj4m3g
    Sorry about that. I'm also sorry that it's taken a little while to get back to it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:02 am