Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
oregonav8r
reim0027
RANT
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Razorame
WyrmHero
10 posters

Best time to go to the Catacombs?

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Best time to go to the Catacombs? Empty Best time to go to the Catacombs?

Post by WyrmHero Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:04 am

After killing Capra, I always go to Darkroot Garden to get some moss before going to the Depths. I was wondering if you guys go to the Catacombs to forge a fire weapon for Depths/Blighttown. Is a divine weapon a prerequisite for entering Catacombs? Everytime I go there I just ignore the skeletons and go straight for the necromancers. Also are you supposed to get the rusted ring before going to Blighttown? Being doing non bb glitch PvE and I was wondering.
    Razorame
    Razorame
    Casual
    Casual

Best time to go to the Catacombs? Empty Re: Best time to go to the Catacombs?

Post by Razorame Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:06 am

start of game i take a jump summon leeroy beat pinwheel hey i now have 20 flasks and an overpowered mask and alot of souls to start off with silly
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:27 am

Unless I'm trying for a Faith build I don't bother with the Catacombs/TotG until after New Londo, Duke's/Crystal Cave, the Ruins/Izalith because I just don't like that part of the game.

Needless to say, by that time in the game I am so strong that the Catacombs is forced to get on all 4s for me, Divine weapon or no Divine weapon.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:35 am

i usually do for the 20 estus and to rescue reah right after i kill capra. what i do is rest in firelink, speed run to leeroy(takes about 10 secs) have leeroy kill pinwheel, go to tomb of giant kill reah's guardss by bsing them, go up equip ring of sacrifice then get large devone ember get raped by skellies and i pop up in firelink with all those souls to buy all her spells and goodies. takes about 5 mins or less.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:45 am

I usually pick up the occult club in Anor, then downgrade it to divine. Now, I have a divine weapon that works well in the catacombs.
    oregonav8r
    Regular
    Regular

Post by oregonav8r Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:05 am

I've always done Catacombs/ToTG as the last portion before fighting Gwyn. It's definitely feasible to do it earlier, though. There's a divine sword located in Darkroot Garden I believe for a small investment of 14 faith, if you wanna clear that area out earlier. I wouldn't even say its absolutely necessary, if you're quick enough to kill the necromancers and prevent the skeletons from respawning constantly.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:26 am

Yeah that's what I do. The thing is you have to have a +5 weapon or you won't be able to kill the skeletons in 2~3 hits. I did it with a Claymore +5, and once I get to Vamos I upgraded it to fire. Now I'm going to the Depths/Blighttown and it's perfect, a bit OP but not game breaking (can't upgrade it to +5 because I don't have green titanite). Also getting the Wolf Ring in Darkroot Garden helps passing by the skeletons.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:28 am

I'll enter the Catacombs early on if I want to be a Gravelord, I don't step foot into the Catacombs/TotG until I get the Sunlight Maggot otherwise.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:31 am

I usually ignore it until I want to take on Nito, and then I just run through BSing the necro's without a fth weapon.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:33 am

I think it should be before entering the Depths or Sens because after getting the Lordvessel the Catacombs seem too easy.
    darkREPRISAL
    darkREPRISAL
    Regular
    Regular

Post by darkREPRISAL Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:45 am

Razorame wrote:start of game i take a jump summon leeroy beat pinwheel hey i now have 20 flasks and an overpowered mask and alot of souls to start off with silly

That drop down to the ledge where Leeroy's summon sign dwells...isn't that a hefty drop for a low level character?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:24 am

Falling takes a % off your health. So, you can make the drop even with a low SL. I usually save ToG and BoC for last. I'll do the catacombs and homeward bone back to the first bonfire.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:43 am

The best time to go into the catacombs would be when the clock strikes 13 times at midnight :affraid:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:03 am