Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Tolvo
nsane32
laezyre
7 posters

Why can't I backstab?? - Completed

laezyre
    Regular
    Regular

Why can't I backstab?? - Completed Empty Why can't I backstab?? - Completed

Post by laezyre Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:49 pm

I have hit foes in the back from close range using the R1 button hundreds of times and have NEVER gotten the backstab animation. I've used my barbed sword and the bandit's dagger mostly. I used the drake sword for a while and a spear often.
    I have seen a higher damage number at times, but have never seen the slow motion animation for back stab.
    This is driving me nuts.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Why can't I backstab?? - Completed Empty Re: Why can't I backstab?? - Completed

Post by nsane32 Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:51 pm

parry it does more dmg
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:55 pm

How good is your connection?
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:05 pm

Make sure you don't have your shield up? I am not accusing you of not playing well, but my buddy was complaining about the same thing. He didn't know you couldn't backstab if you were blocking.
    Danthuyer
    Danthuyer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Danthuyer Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:25 pm

meridam99 wrote:Make sure you don't have your shield up? I am not accusing you of not playing well, but my buddy was complaining about the same thing. He didn't know you couldn't backstab if you were blocking.

make that x2 !!! Thanks for the tip

I was wondering why my backstabs were speratic at best and now i know why happy

i do try to parry at times but i fail at this also.... actualy ask a few peopl on here .. i am just... FAIL .. lols
    laezyre
    Regular
    Regular

Post by laezyre Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:38 pm

DOH! My shield is up most of the time by habit. Thanks for the help.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:40 pm

meridam99 wrote:Make sure you don't have your shield up? I am not accusing you of not playing well, but my buddy was complaining about the same thing. He didn't know you couldn't backstab if you were blocking.

have a cookie, most people do this early on i gurantee silly
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Teh_hapy_octopus Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:03 pm

Serious_Much wrote:

have a cookie, most people do this early on i gurantee silly

i was having the same problem early on and complaining until my bro screamed at me "DONT HOLD YOUR SHELD WHILE BACKSTABBING"

Last edited by Teh_hapy_octopus on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : felt like it)
    laezyre
    Regular
    Regular

Post by laezyre Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:35 am

It would help newbs like me if the back stab section under combat mentioned the shield being down. It just says to get close behind and use R1 attack.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:58 pm

laezyre wrote:It would help newbs like me if the back stab section under combat mentioned the shield being down. It just says to get close behind and use R1 attack.

Updated the Wiki to show this information:

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Combat

Thanks for the catch!

Last edited by meridam99 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : linked to wrong page.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 pm