Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Giant's Armour: no stamina penalty?

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Giant's Armour: no stamina penalty? Empty Giant's Armour: no stamina penalty?

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:00 pm

I have shied away from this armour as it says it applies a stamina penalty. However, I tried it out and... didn't notice a difference. If there is one, it's a small one.

Is this right? Is there a stamina penalty? Doesn't look like it, as everyone is running around with Giants armour (or the people that really want the best gear).
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Giant's Armour: no stamina penalty? Empty Re: Giant's Armour: no stamina penalty?

Post by LordRevan Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:04 pm

I think this may interest you... I think he does armours at the end:

Last edited by LordRevan on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Giant's Armour: no stamina penalty? Empty Re: Giant's Armour: no stamina penalty?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:05 pm

Oh, it's small, but it definitely exists.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:36 pm

giants armor is the only armor in the game that LISTS there's a penatly.

almost every armor aside from cloth has some kind of penalty. giants just has the worst with havels being very close in second.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:40 pm

Rifter7 wrote:giants armor is the only armor in the game that LISTS there's a penatly.

almost every armor aside from cloth has some kind of penalty. giants just has the worst with havels being very close in second.

Black Iron
    Smoughs
    Iron Golem
    Giants

All of those mention it.
    Giants and Iron Golem directly stating a stamina penalty, whilst the others mention being very hard to wear.

Some other armours in the game do too, but not most.

To OP: Yes, Giants definitely slows Stamina Regen.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:49 pm

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/stamina
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:51 pm

Rifter7 wrote:http://darksouls.wikidot.com/stamina

A link to WIKIDOT?! Traitor!

Take him away! :evil:

Also, what's the point of the link? It backs up what I said. Giants has penalties. Whilst most armour in the game doesn't.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:57 pm

Thanks for the link!

Perhaps I didn't notice it because it wasn't so much different than other armour sets I was using (orn's has a 35, Giant's has a 33..)

This is excellent information as the Silver Knight's set has a 40.
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:59 pm

LordRevan wrote:

Can someone stop him/her running away whilst I warm up my poker please? I'm having to do it in the microwave as I don't have an open fire. Turns out they don't like metal. Who knew?
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:59 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Thanks for the link!

Perhaps I didn't notice it because it wasn't so much different than other armour sets I was using (orn's has a 35, Giant's has a 33..)

This is excellent information as the Silver Knight's set has a 40.

No that is incorrect.
    Read the link more in depth. He only recorded one piece of data for giants; the legs. It's stamina penalty by itself is more than all of ornsteins set put together. The entire set penalty is much much larger than Ornsteins set.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:03 pm

Very interesting to know though. Still, if Silver Knight is close to Black Knight (and why should it not be?) makes the stamina regen very good comparitively. Also, good to know if someone is in giants gear they likely hvae a very low stamina regen so keep at them with the attacks.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:04 pm

Zechk wrote:
    LordRevan wrote:

Can someone stop him/her running away whilst I warm up my poker please? I'm having to do it in the microwave as I don't have an open fire. Turns out they don't like metal. Who knew?

That's a shame. I guess you'll have to get an open fire so next time you'll be ready straight away... With no unintentional microwave explosions to boot big grin

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Very interesting to know though. Still, if Silver Knight is close to Black Knight (and why should it not be?) makes the stamina regen very good comparitively. Also, good to know if someone is in giants gear they likely hvae a very low stamina regen so keep at them with the attacks.

Yup sure is, also means that after you see them swing a lot you can probably get some easy hits in. Or break their block easy if they got a little back.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:26 pm

i googled it. that wiki gave me the info.

i've used that wiki long before this one.. so technically i'm a traitor over there.

also the link wasn't meant to argue a point, one that we both agreed on, with each other; it was meant for the op.

you is welcome op :3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 am