New Build Help

Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

New Build Help

Post by Argetlam350 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:17 pm

Well while I wait for the DLC for Dark Souls I figured I'd start a new build to pass the time. I figured I'd start with a thief class and work the character uup to being a level 125. I'm thinking of putting my stats into Vitality, Endurance, a little strength for a few shields, and Dexterity. Though I'm not sure how much to put where. I might also put a few stats into intelligence and faith for healing spells and chameleon or Hidden Body. Here's what I have:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=1824172995775806

I know I haven't worked on it much but to be honest I'm terrible with making builds so I was wondering if people have any suggestions and/or tips of where to put the rest of my stats at to reach my limit of 125.

reim0027

Re: New Build Help

Post by reim0027 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:26 pm

Is this for PvP or PvE?

Here's my take for PvP:

1. With the Claws and PGS, you want to get your dex to 50.

2. Max Att to 10. Unless you want some pyro (recommended, at least Great Combustion) - then go to 12 or 14.

3. Get End to 40, or what you need to fast roll (you need to be fast with the claws).

4. Keep Str at 10, no need to go higher since the claws and PGS bonus for str is crap.

5. Get Int to 14 (so you can use Chameleon).

6. Put the rest into vitality. Don't go over 50 vitality though, not worth it. If you have stats left over, put them into Att for more pyros (second GC might be nice).

7. Ditch the Slumbering Dragoncrest ring. No use for it in PvP. Use Bellowing dragoncrest for pyros, if you have them. Use RoFaP for extra stamina and health. Chloranthy for stamina regen (claws eat up a lot of stamina). Wolf's for poise.

For PvE: Dex to 40, End to medium or fast roll. Get PW, GC, and GFB (14 att). WIN.

If this is for PvP, I'll move it to that forum.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:44 pm

I might use it for PvP a bit. Not entirely though, it's also going to be used for PvE.

Also I should of said that the claws, painted guardian sword, and grass crest shield are only temporarily. Once the DLC comes out I'm going to quickly get Lordblade Ciaran's dagger and curved sword.

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:55 pm

Ok, then most of what I said is worthless, lol. And, we can't give you much advice on your build because of the weapons you want to use.

General numbers:

1. Stamina caps at End of 40. Only go over if you need more equipment weight.

2. Str and Dex essentially caps at 40. Going over will barely increase your AR (and that will be further reduced by your opponent's defenses). The only reason to ever go over is for spell casting time, then that caps at 45.

3. Vit above 50 is pretty much a waste of time, unless you use MoM and FaP ring. Again, severe diminishing returns.

4. Never upgrade Resistance.

5. For PvE, GC, FB, and PW are really really powerful. So, I like to have an att of 14 to carry all those.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:59 pm

All right, I'll keep that in mind. Ya, I can understand not many being able to help out much with the build since the weapons I want sadly don't come out for console until October. But I figured might as well start now. I guess I might level up to around 100 and level a few extra levels to see what the two weapons work best with in the DLC.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:58 am