We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Share
    avatar
    Casdman
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 129
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-02-07
    Location : Boston

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by Casdman on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:48 pm

    Both in the name of research and the name of fun, has anyone tried doing NG+ with the ring perma equipped? somthing could change in your second playthrough, or even the second time you fight him.

    Could something happen when you have both the ring and the debuff on you at the same time?
    avatar
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1087
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-07-18

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by ICEFANG on Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:29 pm

    I was going to do that, but since the new PvP level looks to be 99, I can't get my VIT high enough to beat some bosses while wearing that ring (at 99 my vit is 30, rather than 50 at 125). I mean most bosses would one shot me with some strong attacks. I will consider it if enough people ask me to.


    _________________
    DRAGONBRO4LIFE

    See my youtube channel, with Dark Souls Prepare to Die (spoilers):
    www.youtube.com/user/RavenWolfStarcraft2
    See my livestream to watch me do it live (spoilers):
    http://www.twitch.tv/ravenwolfstarcraft2
    avatar
    Forgetfulness
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 31
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-07-18

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by Forgetfulness on Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:33 pm

    Casdman wrote:Both in the name of research and the name of fun, has anyone tried doing NG+ with the ring perma equipped? somthing could change in your second playthrough, or even the second time you fight him.

    Could something happen when you have both the ring and the debuff on you at the same time?
    That sounds like quite a challenge, but it could be fun.

    It's quite tempting actually. xD
    avatar
    Montante
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 135
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-04-24

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by Montante on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:40 am

    ICEFANG wrote:I was going to do that, but since the new PvP level looks to be 99, I can't get my VIT high enough to beat some bosses while wearing that ring (at 99 my vit is 30, rather than 50 at 125). I mean most bosses would one shot me with some strong attacks. I will consider it if enough people ask me to.

    I think I could do it with my sorcerer if I decide to move on to NG++. I've gone through NG+ with 8 vitality, everything 1-hit-kills me already. It won't make much of a difference. happy
    avatar
    Moratoetje

    Posts : 4
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-08-29
    Age : 22
    Location : Netherlands

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by Moratoetje on Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:14 am

    I don't think that the guardian's souls has any use. There is a thread on Gamefaqs about this and they already tried to combine these weapons with the soul: Straight Sword, Medium Shield, Bow, catalysts, greatsword, katanas, Fist, Hammer, Talisman, Crossbow, whip, great axe, halberd, ultra greatsword, ultra curved sword, dagger, axe. :\
    avatar
    Casdman
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 129
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-02-07
    Location : Boston

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by Casdman on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:44 am

    Moratoetje wrote:I don't think that the guardian's souls has any use. There is a thread on Gamefaqs about this and they already tried to combine these weapons with the soul: Straight Sword, Medium Shield, Bow, catalysts, greatsword, katanas, Fist, Hammer, Talisman, Crossbow, whip, great axe, halberd, ultra greatsword, ultra curved sword, dagger, axe. :\

    Wrong thread?
    avatar
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1435
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-04-09
    Location : Scotland

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by Knight Alundil on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:48 am

    Casdman wrote:
    Moratoetje wrote:I don't think that the guardian's souls has any use. There is a thread on Gamefaqs about this and they already tried to combine these weapons with the soul: Straight Sword, Medium Shield, Bow, catalysts, greatsword, katanas, Fist, Hammer, Talisman, Crossbow, whip, great axe, halberd, ultra greatsword, ultra curved sword, dagger, axe. :\

    Wrong thread?

    People need to read more sad

    avatar
    Casdman
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 129
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-02-07
    Location : Boston

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by Casdman on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:50 am

    Knight Alundil wrote:
    Casdman wrote:
    Moratoetje wrote:I don't think that the guardian's souls has any use. There is a thread on Gamefaqs about this and they already tried to combine these weapons with the soul: Straight Sword, Medium Shield, Bow, catalysts, greatsword, katanas, Fist, Hammer, Talisman, Crossbow, whip, great axe, halberd, ultra greatsword, ultra curved sword, dagger, axe. :\

    Wrong thread?

    People need to read more sad

    whoops,everyone was talking about the ring aspect so i forgot.
    avatar
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1435
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-04-09
    Location : Scotland

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by Knight Alundil on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:54 am

    Casdman wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:
    Casdman wrote:
    Moratoetje wrote:I don't think that the guardian's souls has any use. There is a thread on Gamefaqs about this and they already tried to combine these weapons with the soul: Straight Sword, Medium Shield, Bow, catalysts, greatsword, katanas, Fist, Hammer, Talisman, Crossbow, whip, great axe, halberd, ultra greatsword, ultra curved sword, dagger, axe. :\

    Wrong thread?

    People need to read more sad

    whoops,everyone was talking about the ring aspect so i forgot.

    Pfft nub. Hah jk I actually thought this was just a calamity ring thread too so I was actually agreeing with you so... yeh that just didnt happen, yah?

    OT: The dusk crown ring and the calamity ring both drop from dragnoid creatures in the exact same location, perhaps there's a connection there?

    avatar
    Casdman
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 129
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-02-07
    Location : Boston

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by Casdman on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:30 am

    who knows, maybe the 50% hp you lose is doubled by the calamity ring and you instantly die XD
    avatar
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 577
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-05-23
    Age : 21
    Location : Buffalo, NY

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by Bcc17 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:44 pm

    Was going to try to give the Guardian Soul to Rhea to see if she would make a miracle out of it ala Demon's Souls, but Petrus beat me to her sad


    _________________
    avatar
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 892
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2012-05-04
    Age : 39

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by Phoenix Rising on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:45 pm

    Could you imagine a dusk crown ring / calamity ring challenge run? *shudder*


    _________________
    XBL: I Aim v Here I

    Neowraith - Scarred Lord
    avatar
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3627
    Reputation : 144
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 23
    Location : World 4-2 Demon Souls

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:32 pm

    anyone tried seeing if it buffs dark sorceries?


    _________________
    ლ(ಠ_ಠლ) (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    avatar
    SnailsAndSlugs
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 50
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-03-05

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by SnailsAndSlugs on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:53 pm

    On the topic of Sanctuary Guardian's soul (since OP mentioned it as well as the calamity ring), my only theory is that it could be used to open a door or perhaps trade to an NPC for something a la the lord shards (the only other boss souls that aren't used to craft anything). It COULD just be another red herring like the pendant, but I kind of doubt it. I'm going to try dropping it in front of Domnhall when I get home and see if he says anything other than "I don't see anything here" when you try to trade with him.
    avatar
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1435
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-04-09
    Location : Scotland

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by Knight Alundil on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:57 pm

    sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:anyone tried seeing if it buffs dark sorceries?

    Good call. Bump.

    Anyone confirm??

    avatar
    SnailsAndSlugs
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 50
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-03-05

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by SnailsAndSlugs on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:59 pm

    Knight Alundil wrote:
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:anyone tried seeing if it buffs dark sorceries?

    Good call. Bump.

    Anyone confirm??

    My initial thought when I got the calamity ring was that, paired with the silver pendant, maybe it could be used to reflect enemy spells at double damage. But, in reality, I think the silver pendant only DEflects certain magic, not REflects. Am I right?
    avatar
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1435
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-04-09
    Location : Scotland

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by Knight Alundil on Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:02 pm

    SnailsAndSlugs wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:anyone tried seeing if it buffs dark sorceries?

    Good call. Bump.

    Anyone confirm??

    My initial thought when I got the calamity ring was that, paired with the silver pendant, maybe it could be used to reflect enemy spells at double damage. But, in reality, I think the silver pendant only DEflects certain magic, not REflects. Am I right?

    ***. I hope your right.

    avatar
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4318
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 22

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by dancash1808 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:04 pm

    Phoenix Rising wrote:Could you imagine a dusk crown ring / calamity ring challenge run? *shudder*

    No worse than an SL1 challenge run after a couple of iterations. I'd imagine the ability to level up would offset the lack of ring slots.
    (although you would have to shortcut izalith)


    _________________
    "Quotes seem to be popular with you people"-Acidic cook
    You should all play league with me! twisted http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=506391218392b408980226
    avatar
    SnailsAndSlugs
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 50
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-03-05

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by SnailsAndSlugs on Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:48 pm

    dancash1808 wrote:
    Phoenix Rising wrote:Could you imagine a dusk crown ring / calamity ring challenge run? *shudder*

    No worse than an SL1 challenge run after a couple of iterations. I'd imagine the ability to level up would offset the lack of ring slots.
    (although you would have to shortcut izalith)

    Maybe you can actually make it through lower izalith w/o orange charred ring. sanctus + elizabeth's mushroom + flash sweat + replenishment.
    avatar
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 278
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-08-19
    Location : the land of the livid dead

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by samster628 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:33 am

    BCC17 ... am i the only one who has noticed his image and signature photo...

    IT'S RUPTUREFARM'S FROM ODDWORLD. Another legendary hard game from the old PS1. sorry just i have the origional abes odysee ps1 version and i am glad to see it is not forgotten.


    _________________
    *disclaimer* No offence was meant to anyone or anything in this post twistedevil
    avatar
    Montante
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 135
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-04-24

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by Montante on Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:29 am

    Knight Alundil wrote:
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:anyone tried seeing if it buffs dark sorceries?

    Good call. Bump.

    Anyone confirm??

    Doesn't seem like it. I just tried.

    Fotitudo
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 146
    Reputation : -10
    Join date : 2012-07-03

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by Fotitudo on Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:36 am

    A hidden increase of the drop rate? Or just more rare drops?
    avatar
    Casdman
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 129
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-02-07
    Location : Boston

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by Casdman on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:59 am

    Fotitudo wrote:A hidden increase of the drop rate? Or just more rare drops?

    i checked, it doesnt seem to change item discovery for me, but another person can confirm too
    avatar
    xelectrowolfx
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 101
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-02-29
    Location : Eastern USA

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by xelectrowolfx on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:20 am

    perhaps the calamity ring is the wrong version that drops when you kill the dragon the wrong way, has anyone tried killing him, by just shooting directely at his red eye??? perhaps it will cause it to crack draining his power and produce completely different results.

    Im just thinking outside the box, this ring seems to be more along the lines of the ring of the evil eye, perhaps theres even a secret summon you can have with you at the boss battle and upon winning he offers to uncurse the ring for you.



    as for the guardian soul. I believe it will give some sort of new miracle (ball lightning) but the question is who do you give it to? perhaps freeing rhea of thouroland? There is also other speculation, the discription on the ring says it is more in line with being a demon rather than beast or other wise, the only NPC that does anything with demons is shiva and the ninja, and they hunt them for their weapons, perhaps doing this will present a new strength based weapon like a great hammer with the head of the beast, and two handing R2 will make it shoot lightning aoe/



    just thinking outside the box.

    please link anything similar here i am very interested!


    _________________
    Gamertag: xelectrowolfx

    Leader of the Knights of Astora PVP/ COOP club for Xbox360

    http://knightsofastora.chatango.com/

    Quality Build -->http://tinyurl.com/8bdt2qw
    avatar
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

    Posts : 1125
    Reputation : 240
    Join date : 2012-01-16

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by ublug on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:48 pm

    xelectrowolfx wrote:perhaps the calamity ring is the wrong version that drops when you kill the dragon the wrong way, has anyone tried killing him, by just shooting directely at his red eye??? perhaps it will cause it to crack draining his power and produce completely different results.
    You can kill the black dragon without help from gough, I guess you just shoot it with arrows when it flies past. Don't know if the outcome of the fight is different, since I have not seen anyone do it this way.

    But as you say, the ring could also be a hint towards his eye being a very weak spot.

    Sponsored content

    Re: We need to do some research [SPOILERS]

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:39 am