Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Derpwraith
ChizFreak
fujiphoenix
Lazarus the Lordslayer
callipygias
Rifter7
Slarg232
ViralEnsign_
dr_calamitus
bloodpixel
omega Elf
Forum Pirate
Glutebrah
Revoltage
lordgodofhell
WyrmHero
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ICEFANG
Spurgun
dancash1808
Juutas
25 posters

First really ****ty thing I realised about the arena mode.

ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

First really ****ty thing I realised about the arena mode. - Page 2 Empty Re: First really ****ty thing I realised about the arena mode.

Post by ICEFANG Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:58 pm

DWGR alternate name.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

First really ****ty thing I realised about the arena mode. - Page 2 Empty Re: First really ****ty thing I realised about the arena mode.

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:59 pm

I seriously dont understand how people think From has eliminated the effectiveness of certain things. Seems to me that all the items and spells arte just tools. I suppose its to drive you to get better.

There are ridiculous things in the console versions as it stands now.... there will be some in the DLC and PC versions as well.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:59 pm

I don't get it.
    dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dr_calamitus Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:02 pm

well, seing as people can just spam dex or endurance builds ( the only builds that work for pvp now) i dont think you will see me in the arena....

spells bieng tools to let you get good is pretty bs, what if i want to only use spells? thats been nerfed into the ground now...

the RP aspect of the pvp is gone, and thats what IMO, was most enjoyable before 1.0.4
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:03 pm

dr_calamitus wrote:endurance builds win in the arena, considering they nerfed everything else into the ground... i can understand a rebalance, but making items and spells completaly useless is another thing

Bandit's Knife does a crap ton of backstab damage with a Hornet Ring and it's innate abilities, even with a nerfed hornet ring.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:03 pm

They could always do that outside the arena......
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:03 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I don't get it.

It's stupidly popular for no real reason. Hence, Beiber ring.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:04 pm

because its undeservedly popular.

Chaos pyromancy even got a buff, and sorcery was mostly useless anyways. Miracles appear unaffected atm. The limited casts will encourage wise play, and the spells will be tougher to dodge, rewarding said wise play.
    dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dr_calamitus Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:05 pm

Slarg232 wrote:
    dr_calamitus wrote:endurance builds win in the arena, considering they nerfed everything else into the ground... i can understand a rebalance, but making items and spells completaly useless is another thing

Bandit's Knife does a crap ton of backstab damage with a Hornet Ring and it's innate abilities, even with a nerfed hornet ring.

dex/endurance build
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:05 pm

But forum with the new Dark Spells perhpas we will see some serious love for int builds!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:08 pm

Also, with greatsword losing stunlocking ability, and str weapons getting hyper armor, as well as shield deflection mattering in pvp, I seriously doubt that dex is the only viable build type. If anything, ug weapons were buffed, which should make them actually viable instead of just fishing tools.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:09 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Also, with greatsword losing stunlocking ability, and str weapons getting hyper armor, as well as shield deflection mattering in pvp, I seriously doubt that dex is the only viable build type. If anything, ug weapons were buffed, which should make them actually viable instead of just fishing tools.

Now what does getting "Hyper Armour" mean?

Does this mean STR weapons ignore armour now? Or are there more sets that would benefit STR builds in general?
    dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dr_calamitus Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:12 pm

dex + endurance builds, meaning dex builds and endurance builds ( generaly using UL greatswords and heavy armor, but moving at med speed
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:15 pm

Immunity to stun during the swing. Heavy weapons get it.

Its essentially inertia, the weapon is so heavy, that once the user starts the swing the weapon is going to have to hit something before it stops.

Thats a str build dr. in our meta, end builds are elemental only and vit gouged. The zweihander is the only exception, as its almost always elemental.
    dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dr_calamitus Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:22 pm

so, your telling me that a guy with heavy armor+ an ultra greatsword is only str? naw hes also staking end because its useless if your moving to slow...

its a spinoff of endurance, either way, dex builds or endurance builds ( with str to boot) are the only two viable forms of pvp right now...

faith builds got nerfed to the ground, int builds are meh, and heavy builds are just too slow due to the fact that even though you have heavy armor, backstabs 1shot you
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:28 pm

dr_calamitus wrote:so, your telling me that a guy with heavy armor+ an ultra greatsword is only str? naw hes also staking end because its useless if your moving to slow...

its a spinoff of endurance, either way, dex builds or endurance builds ( with str to boot) are the only two viable forms of pvp right now...

faith builds got nerfed to the ground, int builds are meh, and heavy builds are just too slow due to the fact that even though you have heavy armor, backstabs 1shot you

Are you kidding me? Have you seen youtube vids of karmic justice One Shotting players, or players who stack WoG, or even those guys who use CSS with impunity....

saying dex and End are the only viable builds.... is rather uninformed.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:31 pm

So what you're saying is, dex and str builds win, or dex and elemental builds win?

Either way you could have just said melee builds win, to which I reply; Proper casters would be more than capable of handling a melee build. They must simply be better casters. When 1 spell goes through 800 hp, you're a force to reckon with.

Don't forget either, the pc meta is very new, what wins now and what wins in a week could be dramatically different things. Tough to say. I wouldn't be quick to call anything useless.

http://tinyurl.com/8jgdbcq This is a str build my good man. End stacking is not required. Builds are generally named after their damage stat. An END build is elemental, and thus had no damage stat. End builds are also called vit builds, as the point is to have as much hp as possible.

Some stuff might be new, but I know the meta as is, and build types are the same both sides.
    dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dr_calamitus Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:39 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:So what you're saying is, dex and str builds win, or dex and elemental builds win?

Either way you could have just said melee builds win, to which I reply; Proper casters would be more than capable of handling a melee build. They must simply be better casters. When 1 spell goes through 800 hp, you're a force to reckon with.

Don't forget either, the pc meta is very new, what wins now and what wins in a week could be dramatically different things. Tough to say. I wouldn't be quick to call anything useless.

http://tinyurl.com/8jgdbcq This is a str build my good man. End stacking is not required. Builds are generally named after their damage stat. An END build is elemental, and thus had no damage stat. End builds are also called vit builds, as the point is to have as much hp as possible.

Some stuff might be new, but I know the meta as is, and build types are the same both sides.

stacking items that give the same stats as endurance, essentialy the same thing, also, 40 str+ 40 end...

my major problem is, the rp aspect of pvp was removed and its now all about how was the top build, untill the community whines to get that nerfed too...

the trend with darksouls is, find one thing good, whine op, nerf, rinse and repeat.. untill we will be running aorund naked and punching eachother because thats all that will be viable..

oh well, back to other games, where the pvp is actualy cool instead of " must have the top rated"
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:44 pm

Thats every game, not just dks.

And the rings are fair;y standard. Its not an end build, because it has a primary attack stat. Thats just how its happened here. Just letting you know, so if you confuse anyone else, don't say I didn't warn you.
    dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dr_calamitus Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:49 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Thats every game, not just dks.

And the rings are fair;y standard. Its not an end build, because it has a primary attack stat. Thats just how its happened here. Just letting you know, so if you confuse anyone else, don't say I didn't warn you.

its still based around high quip load, so in that case it can be considerd and end build, ESP since the main atk stat is the same as the end stat....

no, its not every game, try eve online, or hell, even runescape does balancing better...
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:50 pm

Dont go there
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:58 pm

I'm not arguing what our meta call our builds with you. Just letting you know how we've termed most of our builds thus far. That is around the primary attack stat. Str in this case.
    dr_calamitus
    dr_calamitus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dr_calamitus Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:14 am

Forum Pirate wrote:I'm not arguing what our meta call our builds with you. Just letting you know how we've termed most of our builds thus far. That is around the primary attack stat. Str in this case.
    meh, what you call it doesnt matter, because its still relying on its carry weight, so you also stack end just as high as your main atk stat and use items that also help that.

again, these builds rule pvp, and well, they will be nerfed eventualy but atm the pvp in darksouls is only going downhill
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:33 am

dr_calamitus wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:Thats every game, not just dks.

its still based around high quip load, so in that case it can be considerd and end build, ESP since the main atk stat is the same as the end stat....

no, its not every game, try eve online, or hell, even runescape does balancing better...

Holly hell dude just because it has 40 strength and 40 endurance does not make it an endurance build.... do you even think before you type???

What the hell is your idea of a strength build then???? Base vitality base endurance and 99 strength??? Endurance being at 40 does not make it an endurance build, 40 is just a number that makes sense to get to.

Going past 40 endurance to stack super heavy armor at the expense of a primary stat is an endurance build. It just simply makes zero sense to go past 40 in either str or dex unless the strength weapon requires more then 40 to 1 hand.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:40 am

Just a noob.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:27 pm