Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Tolvo
skarekrow13
dancash1808
sonofartorias
Wade_Wilson
10 posters

An interesting story involving me and my allergy

Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

An interesting story involving me and my allergy Empty An interesting story involving me and my allergy

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:16 pm

Months ago, in march, I began an experimental, clinical trial which involved taking minute doses of peanut flour each day. I've always been so allergic to peanuts that if I took even a small amount I'd go into anaphylectic shock, but today, I was able to eat the equivalent of one and a quarter peanuts. In just a few months i've gone from completely intolerant, to being able to eat what would have been a fatal dosage. The wonders of modern medicine, eh?
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

An interesting story involving me and my allergy Empty Re: An interesting story involving me and my allergy

Post by sonofartorias Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:25 pm

i know your pain i have had a allergy to peanuts since i was 5 and have to eat sunbutter when all i want is a real peanut butter cookie again
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

An interesting story involving me and my allergy Empty Re: An interesting story involving me and my allergy

Post by dancash1808 Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:26 pm

Wow... thats pretty... wow. that is great if it works to the point where people are no longer at risk of death from contamination!
    (although didnt they make you pinky swear not to talk about the trial or something? I thought they did that.)
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:33 pm

dancash1808 wrote:Wow... thats pretty... wow. that is great if it works to the point where people are no longer at risk of death from contamination!
    (although didnt they make you pinky swear not to talk about the trial or something? I thought they did that.)

It works almost 95% of the time. And they didn't tell me to remain silent, I've actually given a few talks to concerned parents and at the NI allergy foundation's annual meeting. And SonofArtorias, when this trial is reviewed over to make sure it was done correctly, this will become standard care across the NHS, so if you live in britain you're in luck.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:25 pm

That's awesome wade. I remember you talking about starting that. Sounds like it's going about as planned which is great news
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:20 am

Now to wait until you get your peanut themed revenge on us, with your new super mutant peanut powers, with the ability to cover us in peanut butter rendering us in need of a change and shower! You fiend!

That is marvelous news though, I was curious about how that was going.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:02 am

I'm happy for you, but it sounds like it could have been dangerous. I'm very glad you came out the other side stronger than you were before.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:56 am

I often wonder where all these allergies originated. When I was a kid (and yes it was a long time ago) I never heard of anyone being allergic to anything. These days half the human race seems to be affected by them. I am allergic to mosquito bites and have to get medical attention if I'm bitten but, and this is the crazy part, only if I'm in the Med. English mosquitos don't give me any trouble at all. I wasn't born with this allergy either, it was kick started by something that bit me in eastern Spain in the 1990's.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:11 am

I love peanut butter. I can't imagine what it would be like to be allergic to it.

I was allergic to chocolate when i was younger. But the allergy disappeared when i got into puberty.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:30 am

Epic. I mean I dont have allergies myself but that is good news... now if only they could pull it off for hayfever so that I dont have to worry about my friend leaving his epi pen at home all the time...
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:46 am

no luck i live in the u.s. wamp wamp wamp
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:56 pm

Wasn't there an experiment about this some years ago?
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:27 pm

bloodpixel wrote:Wasn't there an experiment about this some years ago?

Yes, but it's only now that a trial has been arranged. I was quite lucky, my parents found out about the trial through a friend of a friend, and there's only 100 or so others on it.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:40 pm

I guess I should ask what no one else asked, do you even like peanuts, Wade?
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:56 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I guess I should ask what no one else asked, do you even like peanuts, Wade?

Don't know yet. The peanut I've taken so far has been a flour which I mix into a drink or yoghurt, although it has a nasty aftertaste. The first and only peanut I've eaten was when I was two, so I can't remember what it tastes like.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:56 pm

Sounds like my protein drinks, yuck.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:41 pm

Why drink them then tolvo if they are yuckie?

also peanuts kinda suck silly I would value it more for the utility of not having to worry about dying rather than the ability to eat the peanuts
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:41 pm

Medical reasons.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:43 pm

dancash1808 wrote:Why drink them then tolvo if they are yuckie?

also peanuts kinda suck silly I would value it more for the utility of not having to worry about dying rather than the ability to eat the peanuts

Yeah, I'm doing this so that I won't have to worry every time I go out of the house.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:18 pm

Tolvo wrote:Medical reasons.

Yeh, the government uses them to decrease tolvo's awesomeness levels and as normaly tolvo's awesomeness is god like if it were to get out of hand then boom... why do you think people were so worried about 2012, tolvo's awesomeness

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:00 am