Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Gaxe
Jansports
bloodpixel
EasilyDelighted
TehInfamousAmos
Phoenix Rising
raecor14
WorkInProgressSi
tofucactaur
Tolvo
Anonymous Proxy
Reaperfan
Wisp
Glutebrah
nemesismonkey
BishopHavel
Emergence
twilightwarwolf
Rin
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ViralEnsign_
25 posters

SPOILER!! Ciaran the Lord's Blade SPOILER!

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

SPOILER!! Ciaran the Lord's Blade SPOILER! - Page 4 Empty Re: SPOILER!! Ciaran the Lord's Blade SPOILER!

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:32 pm

bloodpixel wrote:I just like to think of them as close comrades. I mean, god knows how long they've been together.

Agreed!
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

SPOILER!! Ciaran the Lord's Blade SPOILER! - Page 4 Empty Re: SPOILER!! Ciaran the Lord's Blade SPOILER!

Post by raecor14 Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:31 am

her weapons are unique to her so maybe she went to a different place to obtain weapons that where they would be more effective where she was, like a sword that could cast light in dark places and a dagger capable of inflicting a rare and powerful poison
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:36 am

I considered the possibility of the Gold Tracer being a weapons specifically used to fight the Dark and the Abyss. It would make sense to have a weapon that would create so sort of light or flash.... while Dark Silver Tracer was a weapon designed to fight the agents of Dark.... that being human's thus the poison is somewhat more explainable.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:19 am

The LORD'S blades. Now this seems perfectly obvious but who is the lord? Well Gwyn is. And he likes the age of fire, he likes it a lot. The blades used by the Lord's blades leave behind golden streaks in darkness (golden like the sun, in darkness perhaps as the abyss? as the waning of the first flame?) and the other "stings with poison" though really it just crits like a truck on jetpacks. Who is it that serves the abyss? Notably the 4 kings of new londo and the darkwraiths, MEN who were enticed by Kaathe and became wicked. Darkwraiths are as we know quite handily dispatched with a good riposte/backstab. However we have no real sense of when new londo fell (at least Ingward wont tell me how long ago it happened and Kaathe isn't so helpful either) So it might be possible these deadly ladies stood as gaurdians against the darkwraiths

Oolicile being the foundation by which the abyss is attempting to creep into the world of light Gwyn has made is a pretty damn good reason for any of his followers to be there, we know Arty tried to go and stop that nonsense..

One thing to note is that Ciaran specifically held her helm as an honorable decoration, despite it being common among all the Lord's blades. Perhaps Ciaran's service of Gwyn predates her functionality as one the blades, and for a time she merely was one of the four knights of reknown before joining this particular group of warriors. The helm also interestingly states it has 'Ivory' hair adorning it, and as far as I can tell the only other case of ivory in the game is the Oolicile catalyst, perhaps hinting at some connection.

Something probably out of line but a fact I noticed while mashing my face into Ingward for info on New Londo, the ghosts in the upper area are all female and drop a dagger and a curved sword respectively. Could these be the ghosts of centuries old Lord Blade members who's weapons like themselves have degenerated from the ages? Loyally standing their ground, upholding their mission to prevent the corrupt darkwraiths from leaving and also keeping out would be new members to the covenant?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:24 am

Ivory Talisman.
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:46 am

Artorias the Abysswalker

Helm of Artorias
    Durability: 600
    Weight: 6.2
    Defense: 18
    Magic Defense: 9
    Fire Defense: 19
    Lightning Defense: 9
    Poise: 6

Armor of Artorias
    Weight: 10.5
    Defense: 42
    Magic Defense: 22
    Fire Defense: 46
    Lightning Defense: 22
    Poise: 15

Gauntlets of Artorias
    Weight: 4.6
    Defense: 20
    Magic Defense: 10
    Fire Defense: 21
    Lightning Defense: 10
    Poise: 7

Leggings of Artorias
    Weight: 5.5
    Defense: 23
    Magic Defense: 11
    Fire Defense: 24
    Lightning Defense: 11
    Poise: 9

Greatshield of Artorias
    Physical: 100%
    Magical: 50%
    Fire: 80%
    Lightning: 40%
    Stability: 88

Cleansing Greatshield
    Physical: 80%
    Magical: 80%
    Fire: 80%
    Lightning: 70%
    Stability: 77

Greatsword of Artorias

Physical: 120
    Magical: 85
    Strength: C
    Dex: C
    Int: B
    Faith: B

Abyss Greatsword
    Physical: 160
    Stength: C

Wolf Ring
    Effect: Boosts poise by 40

Lore (This is all speculation and is my opinion)
    I believe that Artorias abandoned Gwyn when he found the power to walk in the Abyss in New Londo. He then met the Four Kings and maybe even Kaathe. Honestly I have no idea what happened after that but it's obvious that he either died there or something or he escaped but I think the Abyss was different when he went there. So Artorias was over whelmed byt he Abyss and got corrupted. He then somehow got to where he is in the DLC. Honestly there isn't too much on Artorias except that he walked the Abyss and that's pretty much it.

Lord's Blade Ciaran

Porcelain Mask
    Durability: 250
    Weight: 2.5
    Defense: 13
    Magic Defense: 10
    Fire Defense: 12
    Lightning Defense: 8
    Poise: 3

Lord's Blade Robe
    Weight: 6.4
    Defense: 34
    Magic Defense: 26
    Fire Defense: 32
    Lightning Defense: 20
    Poise: 8

Lord's Blade Gloves
    Weight: 2.5
    Defense: 15
    Magic Defense: 11
    Fire Defense: 14
    Lightning Defense: 9
    Poise: 3

Lord's Blade Waistcloth
    Weight: 5.0
    Defense: 27
    Magic Defense: 20
    Fire Defense: 25
    Lightning Defense: 16

Gold Tracer
    Physical: 130
    Stength: E
    Dex: A
    Bleed: 300

Dark Silver Tracer
    Physical: 75
    Stength: E
    Dex: S
    Critical: 160

Hornet Ring
    Effect: Boosts critical damage by 50%

I believe Ciaran was a dear friend to Artorias. There is many things pointing towards this foremost being that she sits by his grave when you defeat Artorias and her ring is found behind his grave. Ciaran was part of a group called the Lord's Blade who I believe were all females and assassins. I think that the Lord's Blade worked for Gwyn and killed people that Gwyn said to. Ciaran left Gwyn when Artorias went Abysswalking and probably lost him for a time. She probably later then found him insane in Ooacile. I honestly think Ciaran was human. She is natural size and she sounds like a human.

Hawkeye Gough

Gough's Helm
    Durability: 450
    Weight: 6.5
    Defense: 25
    Magic Defense: 14
    Fire Defense: 21

Gough's Armor
    Weight: 13.0
    Defense: 50
    Magic Defense: 28
    Fire Defense: 41
    Lightning Defense: 21
    Poise: 19

Gough's Gauntlets
    Weight: 7.0
    Defense: 27
    Magic Defense: 15
    Fire Defense: 22
    Poise: 12

Gough's Leggings

Weight: 8.0
    Defense: 31
    Magic Defense: 17
    Fire Defense: 25
    Lightning Defense: 13
    Poise: 13

Gough's Greatbow
    Physical: 85
    Strength: B

Hawk Ring
    Effect: Increases bow range by 20%

Gough well there really isn't to much to go by even with the DLC. From what we do know is that he is a dragon hunter/killer and he is one of Gwyn's 4 knights. So here is what I believe. Gough might be related to Smough, I say this because they look alike they fight alike and their names are alike lol. Now where you find Gough in the DLC is quite odd...I think he's there because he was a dragon hunter and Kalameet was around there so it makes since that Gough was there. I think Gough wasn't really special he just was amazing at hunting dragons and forging arrows and that's what he done. He never thought or cared about anything else. It's kind of like Smough, smough just kills people and eats them he never thinks about anything else and doesn't care.

Dragonslayer Ornstein

Ornstein's Helm
    Durability: 700
    Weight: 5.5
    Defense: 32
    Magic Defense: 16
    Fire Defense: 22
    Lightning Defense: 18

Ornstein's Armor

Weight: 12.0
    Defense: 70
    Magic Defense: 36
    Fire Defense: 46
    Lightning Defense: 40
    Poise: 19

Ornstein's Gauntlets
    Weight: 4.0
    Defense: 29
    Magic Defense: 12
    Fire Defense: 16
    Lightning Defense: 14

Ornstein's Leggings
    Weight: 7.0
    Defense: 40
    Magic Defense: 20
    Fire Defense: 28
    Lightning Defense: 24
    Poise: 11

Dragonslayer Spear
    Physical: 95
    Lightning: 65
    Strength: C
    Dex: B
    Faith: B

Leo Ring
    Effect: Boosts counter damage with thrusting weapons by 40%

Ornstein the captain of the knights. His job was to protect Anor Londo and unlike the other knights he wasn't going to let anything get in his way. When the other 3 knights departed from Ornstein, ornstein stayed by Gwyn's side. Ornstein probably never seen his other allies ever again after they left though. I think Ornstein was loyal but his character is quite dull. There isn't much on Ornstein except that he slayed dragons and was one of Gwyn's four knights sooo yeah.

Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:13 pm

for those hoping the Ciaran fight is challenging, you will be disappointed.

i just stood in one place and parried every attack of hers, not to mention you could probably kill her before she even engages by 2handing R1 spamming her her when she is non hostile.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:00 pm

GAxe I have another thread about the Four Knights which could use this information. Would you be able to take it down here and post in the the Thread.

Theres more to them DLC Styles

?
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:54 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:GAxe I have another thread about the Four Knights which could use this information. Would you be able to take it down here and post in the the Thread.

Theres more to them DLC Styles

?

A link to the thread could help silly
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:05 pm

Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:05 pm

Noone likes my new londo ghosts theory. Though it was reallllly late when I typed that
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:01 am

Jansports wrote:Noone likes my new londo ghosts theory. Though it was reallllly late when I typed that

Sorry looked at your theory. I like the first few parts and found the Lord's Blades Ghost theory interesting. Gimme some time to digest that and I'll get a formatted respone posted.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:15 am

Jansports wrote:Noone likes my new londo ghosts theory. Though it was reallllly late when I typed that

Late when Im reading it, but sounds good big grin
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:28 am

TehInfamousAmos wrote:In fact, not to be rude. Ciaran is a boys name, so in fact this she could be a he. Perhaps like Gwyndolin ciaran is strong in the power of the darkmoon. So possibly is a transexual, the point with this is that it easily could fit also with the theory of making use of the oolacile magic. Haha - Gwyndolin also has a female voice so before you mention voice in the mix it could easily be a male.

i'd like to point out that gwyndolen doesnt have a female voice - just the voice of a ten yr old. also somewhere in this thread someone talks about the mask as opposed to a hood. probrably to show cicerian is the leader of the blades. it is unlikly that cicerian and artorias are lovers. it would have gotten in the way of their combat effectiveness plus assassins need to be cold and unfeeling. the ring at te grave and the wanting of artorias's soul are probrably just out of respect for a former comerade.

just wanted to get that out there but anyways. i havent got the PC version but i would like to ask if anyone can update the wiki for these 4 knights on the stuff that have been proven. i don't have authorisation.

Last edited by samster628 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed something out)
    Casual
    Casual

Post by 727 Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:56 pm

love ciaran and will definitely be making a Ciaran build after the dlc is out. one thing ive been curious about though and not sure if it has been discussed already but has anyone speculated how she died?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:53 pm

Its not shown in the DLC. And after the Artorias boss battle if you give her his soul she simply dissappears. Now Im thinking that some one has to build that structure at Artorias Grave.

Perhaps she leaves to find someone skilled in carving/masonry? IN any case unless you kill her at the grave then there is no reason to assume that it is Ciarans corpse behind Artorias Grave.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:46 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Its not shown in the DLC. And after the Artorias boss battle if you give her his soul she simply dissappears. Now Im thinking that some one has to build that structure at Artorias Grave.

Perhaps she leaves to find someone skilled in carving/masonry? IN any case unless you kill her at the grave then there is no reason to assume that it is Ciarans corpse behind Artorias Grave.

Except that the corpse has her ring....? So its her corpse, or the person that killed her and took her ring. Id like to assume no random unknown killed her and took her ring, or even stole it from the master assassin, so Id say it is safe to assume thats her corpse. Know you dont want her to be dead buddy, but she most likely is. And she appears more human than the other knights, she may have died of old age etc
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:04 pm

I was going to do a Lord's Blade covie lol! We may have to have rivaling blades... My build was going to try and utilize the abyss sword as a back up.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:06 pm

ROOSTER330 wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:Its not shown in the DLC. And after the Artorias boss battle if you give her his soul she simply dissappears. Now Im thinking that some one has to build that structure at Artorias Grave.

Except that the corpse has her ring....? So its her corpse, or the person that killed her and took her ring. Id like to assume no random unknown killed her and took her ring, or even stole it from the master assassin, so Id say it is safe to assume thats her corpse. Know you dont want her to be dead buddy, but she most likely is. And she appears more human than the other knights, she may have died of old age etc
    Yet perhaps like her swords she saw no use for it and gave it to a traveler or friend
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:07 pm

Umbassa Zealot wrote:I was going to do a Lord's Blade covie lol! We may have to have rivaling blades... My build was going to try and utilize the abyss sword as a back up.

Well sun and I are making a full four knights cov and we would love to have you as a leader.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:12 pm

What if she left her ring at Artorias's grave, and the dead body is someone that wanted to steal it but got killed by seff...
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:16 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Umbassa Zealot wrote:I was going to do a Lord's Blade covie lol! We may have to have rivaling blades... My build was going to try and utilize the abyss sword as a back up.

Well sun and I are making a full four knights cov and we would love to have you as a leader.

**** yeah! I gotta polish my BS skills now lol!
    Casual
    Casual

Post by 727 Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:38 pm

since im going to be sticking with a Ciaran build nonstop after the dlc id love to join in if you all need a xbx player o.o;
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:07 pm

You are doing what Im doing as well!
    Casual
    Casual

Post by 727 Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:40 pm

We Shall be the Ciarans of our respective consoles big grin the pvp world will fear the venomous sting of the lord's blades!......or we'll just get stunlocked to death

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm